Memory foam mattresses at decent prices?

tomster

Time for a new mattress, my back tells me.

Anybody got/seen a good deal on one recently and can share the info, save me pointlessly visiting every furniture shop in Pattaya...

Def do not want to buy this on Lazada or Shopee, before anyone mentions that.

Thanks in advance.

Bought a new mattress about 6 months ago, the Mrs and I visited a few shops and ended up buying from the Home Pro on Sukhumvit. They seemed to have the largest selection, for better prices actually go inside the store and don't use the shop in the lobby/foyer.

Side note; we bought a memory foam topper off of Lazada for our son's bed, feels fine.

• Thanks 1

About 3 years ago I was in the market for a new mattress as the one in the condo I was in at the time was typical of here, very firm, even with a topper. I prefer what is called in Australia "medium" softness, so you don't sink into it, but its not like a futon either. I tried a number of places and still wasn't impressed with their offerings. Now if I recall correctly it may have been HomePro also, at least it was on Sukumvit and wasn't a bedding only store, and when trying out the mattresses and telling the salesman my thoughts he said to me sir, I know what you need - a memory foam mattress, tell me your address and I'll bring you one - note this was nothing to do with the store, I'm assuming it was his sideline business. It was a bit of a gamble of course but he didn't want any money at that point. A few hours later he arrived with a pickup truck (ute in Oz) with a brand new  mattress on the back still in its plastic wrapping and 2-3 men, put in on the ground for me to try, yes I thought, this is my mattress. They moved it up to the room and total cost including delivery 20,000 baht. I've just looked at the brand name on it, its called a "Bonfire pocket spring memory". Very comfortable, we don't use a topper and the only time we have had similarly comfortable mattresses are in higher end hotels, and yes I would rate the softness as medium. I'm no longer in a condo but brought the mattress with me its so good. Good luck, maybe if they don't have what you are looking for have a quiet word to the salesman if he can do something similar.

• Like 1

Foam, and more-so latex mattresses are much hotter to sleep on than a standard spring and wad/padding type. 

Yeah all mattresses have foam in the top layers but they are contour formed and layered to allow air to pass through the layers to help heat transfer.

From experience I would not use any sort of foam, or latex as a top layer in the tropics like Thailand. This material as a raw layer under sheets or a mattress cover is just too hot and doesn't breathe as well as factory constructed built-in mattress top layers.

We use Seally Posturepedic 'Crown Jewel' beds in our bedrooms - 'Soft' which has super-cool bamboo covers (reversible topper) ... The Soft rating really helps with my old injuries and we get very very restful sleep.

Added to this is a 'Microcloud' high density mattress topper (1000 gsm).

After a day of sporting activity and then a visit to our local magical massage ladies we sleep the rest of the gods on this cloud!

You can achieve a really supportive bed and a downy feel along with it for less baht by using a really good quality topper to improve the mattress. This also improves cooling as the micro-beads in the topper let the air and perspiration pass through.

HomePro (across LOS) sell a fairly decent range. If you have the money Central department stores sell a wide range of imported beds - Seally etc.

Of course what suits one may not be for another as it's a matter of personal need. 

I went years ago to Captain Snooze in Australia and used their computer controlled testing/assessment bed (they can adjust the different zones of the bed via a PC), and was fitted for the first time in this way and boy oh boy was it a revelation!

I was amazed to be advised to go for a soft 'plush' top mattress not a medium.

No more turning at night as the mattress was so perfect for me as an athletically shaped (not much fat to cushion me) side-sleeper.

I was told tossing and turning indicates a too-hard mattress for a side sleeper and I was turning because of the pressure/loss of circulation. 

Good luck in your hunt.

Edited by Tropposurfer

We bought 2 years ago a full (hard) latex matress 6ft x 6,5ft, 8 inch high for 6.500 THB incl. shipping. They have a soft variant too.

After that my back problems gone.

It's funny to see what nonsens some people write here. Latex is to warm? I think this people never laid on a latex matress.

The onliest problem is that it is very, very heavy. 

Shop: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/profile/100049710319977

On 7/19/2023 at 9:41 AM, Asquith Production said:

It’s been a tough week. I bought myself a memory foam mattress and now it’s trying to blackmail me (Gary Delaney comedian)

That's nothing, mine has developed Alzeheimers!

Anyway, surely it should be called NON- memory foam, as it springs back to where it was after the weight (you) is taken off it.

I bought a foam bed a few months back directly from Dunlopilo. It was king, firm. Bed has been fine but when other person moves it reverbs thru bed. Other than  that it's ok. I think 5 even 8 or more wty. I don't recall the name it was 8-9k and heavily promoted. I'll toss it in four years and buy a nice one but it's fine now.