I need to catch my flight 7 days after my current visa stamp expires. Please help!

Hi everybody! I really need some advice! I have been in Thailand for 4 months. I had my initial entry from America by plane. and since then, I have gotten a 30 day extension at immigration, I’ve gone on a visa run to Laos and I have gotten another 30 day extension after that. Now, during this time, I have been offered a job in Japan and I have to fly out of Bangkok with a team to Japan this month on July 29. But, my current Thailand, visa exempt stamp expires on July 22. What do you think I should do? I was told by some friends that I still have one more visa exempt land entry left for this year and that I should just go to Laos and do exactly what I did last time. Is it true that I can do this another time? I absolutely have to get back into Thailand so I can fly out 7 days later to my new job. I have put almost all of my money into this trip and job so it’s so important I make this flight. Can anybody confirm that I can do a second visa run and enter again as visa exempt? Please help!
Also, as a side note. I was thinking I could just overstay 7 days and just pay the overstay fees to guarantee I can make my flight. I’m required to fly with these people to Japan. But I was advised against doing an overstay for some potential negative consequences.
Will I be ok going on another quick visa run to Laos?
Edited by Dorian999
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

BKK- Koala Lumpur or Siem Reap, return about 3000 baht.

It's an option however for Cambodia he would require a visa as would Laos and Vietnam.

Not a big deal however given he needs only 7 days,  a rejected application for extension at immigration office would be most simple option. 

• Like 1

To the OP I personally would not do the 7 days to leave Thailand order mentioned above (I'd do the border run)

Your entry stamp is 22 July and you're flying out 29 July so no wiggle room. 22 July is also Saturday so you would need to go 21 July and I thought the 7 day stamp was from application date rather than an extension of the current stay date so you'd be a day short (unlike genuine extensions which are from the stay date)

Also as you're going on a flight with a team for new job I wouldn't be messing with paying 3500 baht overstay at airport, not a good look with your team there (Plus if you're caught on overstay before the airport you'll get a 1 year ban from Thailand stamp)

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 2

Follow Dr Jack's advice, go to immigration, show your departure ticket and get the 7 day extension. At the IMM KIOSK in Hua Hin Bluport mall I saw a guy get the 7 day extension for free...... Even if you get charged 1900 baht for extension it is still cheaper then all the other ways and less trouble.

• Like 1

I would get the 7 days from immigration, traveling with a team to Japan, and having to pay overstay at the airport, would be embarrassing for me, and not very good in front of new  employers especially if Japanese. keep it professional. IMO. and as said entering japan with an overstay stamp, could raise a red flag.

13 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

No matter how lightly Thailand deals with short overstays it is the unknown problems getting visas and entries to other countries that is the best reason not to blithely overstay in Thailand.

One of the questions asked when applying for any Australian visa is if you have ever overstayed in any country. If you answer yes then there is a risk you may not get your visa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dexxter said:

One of the questions asked when applying for any Australian visa is if you have ever overstayed in any country. If you answer yes then there is a risk you may not get your visa.

That is correct. And even if you have a visa it is the IO at the point of entry who determines if you are allowed to enter or not. Better have a good excuse.  Broke your leg, Typhoon cancelled flight, etc.

Reads the the OP has been "offered a job". Doubt he yet has a  COE (certificate of eligibility) from the MOJ let alone an yet actual visa. Best to not have overstay stamps in your passport.