Agencies for Police Clearance Certificate?

Hello

As I understand it, we can't just go to get a police clearance certificate by ourselves. Our Thai employer must do it, right?

However, I know there are agencies that can help with it if you need a certificate anyway.

Anyone got any experience, advice, or recommendations on this?

Thanks 

3 hours ago, problemfarang said:

Its something you must do BUT your employer must prepare a letter to the police office. The letter says why asking this info and some other details about your position and the company. You will give the letter to the police station they will do the rest.

Yeah, but my question is about using an agency instead of an employer.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

no

I'm not following.

My question starts by acknowledging that this is usually done by the employer.

Then goes on to ask about agencies that can do it it.

The title even asks for agencies that do it 

• Confused 2

40 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

I'm not following.

My question starts by acknowledging that this is usually done by the employer.

Then goes on to ask about agencies that can do it it.

The title even asks for agencies that do it 

i answered all of your question in my first post actually. But let me make it more clear for you:

-police check is something done by YOURSELF not by employer. Your employer will give you a letter for the police. you will take it to the police station and give the letter to them. You will wait something like a month time and they will post it to your thailand home.

-agencies cannot do it for you. because police will contact with your embassy and from there your criminal record check.

if you read my first post again you will see all of your answers. but i wrote here again already.

Edited by problemfarang

21 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

i answered all of your question in my first post actually. But let me make it more clear for you:

-police check is something done by YOURSELF not by employer. Your employer will give you a letter for the police. you will take it to the police station and give the letter to them. You will wait something like a month time and they will post it to your thailand home.

-agencies cannot do it for you. because police will contact with your embassy and from there your criminal record check.

if you read my first post again you will see all of your answers. but i wrote here again already.

Nonsense.

You cannot do it yourself. You need a Thai employer to request it or an embassy or something like that.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

27 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

Agents can get it done for a big fee, otherwise it has to be at the request of an institution.

It's just a Thai record check. It doesn't involve your embassy.

56 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

You will wait something like a month time and they will post it to your thailand home.

The 3-4 week waiting time is the 100 baht option 

The express service is 6-7 days for a couple thousand.

Ain't no way they are doing anything with your embassy in that time.

I could do a record check in my home country, but it takes weeks

Edited by FruitPudding

54 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Not true.

You need a letter from an institution requesting it (Thai employer, embassy etc etc)

You really have no idea what you are talking about, I've walked in and done it myself, as have many others on here.

You ask for advice as you say you dont know, then argue with those who have done it and are trying to help you.

I wont bother the next time you ask for something.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, sungod said:

You really have no idea what you are talking about, I've walked in and done it myself, as have many others on here.

You ask for advice as you say you dont know, then argue with those who have done it and are trying to help you.

I wont bother the next time you ask for something.

The police website clearly states you need a letter from employer or embassy etc etc.

When did you do it on your own? I think you could just rock up there yourself years ago, but not now.

I know when my school does it every year for our African teachers they have to write a letter for the teacher. He can't just walk in there with just his passport without a letter from employer.

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, sungod said:

You can do it yourself, walk in to Special Branch at RTP HQ  @ Bangkok with your passport.

https://pcscenter.sbpolice.go.th/en

This link that you posted clearly shows the specific cases they will issue the certificate for and it clearly states the required documents for each case.

But if you do not fall into one of those categories  you can get an agent to assist in getting the certificate. That's what this thread is about.

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, problemfarang said:

agencies cannot do it for you. because police will contact with your embassy and from there your criminal record check.

According to the Siam Legal website the document from the special police department only declares that you do not have a criminal record in Thailand.

You can check their website for this info.

And they do act as an agent and they fill out the form and submit the application on your behalf. I dunno how they get around the employer/embassy letter requirement though.

Other agents offer this service too for about half the price of Siam Legal.

They also arrange an appointment (date and time) for you to just go there for finger prints only. No queueing up. The officer handling your case is waiting for you.

Edited by FruitPudding

13 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

This link that you posted clearly shows the specific cases they will issue the certificate for and it clearly states the required documents for each case.

But if you do not fall into one of those categories  you can get an agent to assist in getting the certificate. That's what this thread is about.

Really no need to use bold lettering to try and prove a point after you have already shown your ignorance . You come across as one of those who is never wrong, did it hurt your ego?

Let's quote your own words, 'As I understand it, we can't just go to get a police clearance certificate by ourselves. Our Thai employer must do it, right? '

Answer- You can do it on your own.

End of.

Bye.

51 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Other agents offer this service too for about half the price of Siam Legal.

If you know this already, what other info are you expecting here?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bbko said:

If you know this already, what other info are you expecting here?

I started this thread before I contacted agencies, obviously.

I wanted to know the process from other who did it before.

However, I copped a lot of flack from guys here who weren't aware that you could use an agent or who thought you could just walk up there yourself and get a certificate without an acceptable purpose.

1 hour ago, sungod said:

Really no need to use bold lettering to try and prove a point after you have already shown your ignorance . You come across as one of those who is never wrong, did it hurt your ego?

Let's quote your own words, 'As I understand it, we can't just go to get a police clearance certificate by ourselves. Our Thai employer must do it, right? '

Answer- You can do it on your own.

End of.

Bye.

The link you posted to the police website clearly states the acceptable reasons/purposes for the certificate and the supporting documents you need to show to get it for your purpose ????

This thread was supposed to be about using an agency to get it if you do not fit into one of the accepted categories or if you do not have the supporting documents to fit your purpose. 

I used bold to highlight that because I didn't get a single answer that was on topic. 

I do not see the point in keeping this thread open. The OP has confirmed that he has since resolved his issue, and (correctly) that not a single post in this thread directly answered the question he was asking.

CLOSED

• Like 2