Protesters Conduct Symbolic Cremation

webfact

The recent events are worthy of a mass funeral. Thailand might have been the tiger of SE Asia a decade or so ago, having been the 22nd largest economy in the world, but those days are long gone. So, I would say it would be safe to refer to Thailand as an up and coming country, post Covid. I would not be surprised to see Thailand in 75th place in terms of GDP, 20 years from now. There is absolutely no doubt the nation is moving backwards, on at least a dozen levels. And unless a dynamic leader like Thanathorn or Pita comes along, as is allowed to lead, the great tiger will continue to devolve into a whiny little street cat. 

Go ahead and stick with regressive conservative policies, resist change and progress at all costs, and run your nation into the ground.

• Like 2

It will be interesting to see how aggressive the RTA/ISOC and the RTP are in pressing 112/116/Computer Crimes Act charges for those involved in protests.

And if Attitude Adjustment camps become a thing again.

BREAKING: Pathumwan police has requested the Criminal Court to revoke the bail of protest leader Arnon Nampa for violating bail conditions by leading yesterday's protest at Democracy Monument. (Via FB friend who asks not to be named.)

https://twitter.com/PravitR/status/1681909913877114881

• Sad 2

Prayut calls for calm

Outgoing Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha appealed for calm on Thursday, after supporters of the Move Forward leader, whose hopes of becoming prime minister have been dashed, conducted two noisy but peaceful gatherings.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pita-advised-to-take-rejection-of-his-re-nomination-to-constitutional-court/

6 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

As expats and long term residents, what happens in Thailand could directly affect us. 

As a taxpayer, business owner and employer, I am entitled to voice my opinion on Thai politics should I wish to do so.

You are also very free to ignore our opinions, and this thread. 

Along with ignoring his opinion. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

It will be interesting to see how aggressive the RTA/ISOC and the RTP are in pressing 112/116/Computer Crimes Act charges for those involved in protests.

And if Attitude Adjustment camps become a thing again.

As someone once said, in an entirely different context on the other side of the world - but also underlining politics with the threat of force - " they haven't gone away you know".

The powers and the bodies remain extanct.

Edited by herfiehandbag

19 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Good symbolism. More needed.

I thought it rather weak.....

demanding senators who disregard the voice of the people to resign immediately. 

Since the people did not put them into power, they bow to another authority!