Foodbanks UK Versus Thailand

Brewster67

3 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

I can't agree...

The world is changing fast, the east is rising and the west is declining... Countries like the UK have swept across the world for hundreds of years slaughtering people and stealing their wealth and resources and the UK was at the forefront of it. 

The multipolar world is taking off and the unipolar world led by the USA and their European sycophants in tow are in real danger... The multipolar world is made up of all the countries that have at one time or another been victims of the west and they have a huge axe to grind.

The BRICS is about to explode with over 40 countries ready to join and another 50 countries interested... The 5 current members of BRICS have a collective GDP that is bigger than the combined G7 countries.... The BRICS countries within the next 2 years will hold up to 80% of the global oil and gas export markets....

The multipolar world is where the resources are that the west can't live without.... I see a seperation happening where the west will be cut off by the rest of the world which makes up 85% of the global population and they have a massive axe to grind with the west, they won't forget history... I can see them cutting the west off from trade and that will be the total collapse of the west.

Nobody needs the west, they are drenched in debt, they live off the printing press, they are a fading market... 

The UK is probably going to take the biggest hit of all.

And of course this is the dawning of the age of Aquarius  Yeah, right. In the meantime, English is what young people(with few exceptions) want to learn - not Chinese or Hindi .

And the movies they want to see are English and culture they want to learn, for better or worse, is Western.

As Ramstein sang , "We're all living in America".

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Brewster67 said:

I broke my arm 4 years ago and went to the government hospital and was taken straight in and treated, within 10 minutes I was was given a morphene injection, I had my xray done within 10 minutes and my arm set and put in a sling within 30 minutes... This being the main government hospital in Korat city with a population of about 130,000 and double that number when you take into account those living in the outlying villages this hospital serves...

In the UK when my daughter broke her arm we sat in A&E from about 6pm and didn't leave until 2am and that is in a small town of no more than 25,000 people.

Did she have to pay for her plaster cast and for the removal of it.

Most Countrys in the West are having a cost of living crisis Germany being worse off than the UK. Yes the NHS is struggleing but its been struggleing before Covid. Hotels . bars, Resturants in Thailand were decimated and most closed never to re-open staff finished with no pay off just told more or less to go home. In the UK we were on Furlogth this was people who's jobs were reduced and hours rather than finishing them there wages thay  were made up from the Goverment keeping them in work till we recovered from Covid not brilliant but they kept in Employment Due to the cost of fuel now everyone is given a grant that does not have to paid back if your on Social security 3 payments per year up to £300 per quarter was this given to the staff in the Tourist industry in Thailand? if you have an Accident or suffer a health condition you have to pay for a Crepe Bandage if your not paying into the Thai health System. Yes its not perfect in the UK but we will not starve and if we need hospital treatments it will be free along and a healthy state pension when you can no longer work. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

I left the UK 29 years ago and it was a very different place back then.

I left about a quarter of a century ago and have now little reason to return. I was forced (pandemic times) to return to the UK in 2020 for a couple of weeks which was the first visit in nearly ten years. It felt strange, then I put my finger on it - everybody speaks English - but this felt like a foreign country - just like I felt when I was in Canada for a couple of months. Subtle differences (actually not that subtle) - the High Street in Hounslow almost empty, just fast-food and phone repair shops - everything else moved to the Internet or out-of-town shopping centres.

19 hours ago, Brewster67 said:

The UK considers Thailand a 'developing country'...

The UK has over 2500 foodbanks with around 500 being added every year, while Thailand did have a few dozen during Covid, I believe these no longer exist.

So if Thailand is a 'developing country'... What the hell is the UK?

I have been out of the UK for 13 years and living all that time in Thailand.

Every time I visit the UK every few years I just see more and more decline.

I would rather live in a 'developing country' than a declining one.

Perhaps I can reassure you, it is not only in England but in all those countries that are members of the EU.
And then I take as an example the Netherlands, in the last 15 years the food banks have quadrupled, a phenomenon that we did not know at all until the late 1960s in the last century.
In addition, the Netherlands is said to be one of the richest countries in the eu, how can that be reconciled with this poverty.
Yes, spending gigantic amounts of money to allegedly keep the rising temperature on earth under control, you would laugh if it were not so sad.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Brewster67 said:

I can't agree...

The world is changing fast, the east is rising and the west is declining... Countries like the UK have swept across the world for hundreds of years slaughtering people and stealing their wealth and resources and the UK was at the forefront of it. 

The multipolar world is taking off and the unipolar world led by the USA and their European sycophants in tow are in real danger... The multipolar world is made up of all the countries that have at one time or another been victims of the west and they have a huge axe to grind.

The BRICS is about to explode with over 40 countries ready to join and another 50 countries interested... The 5 current members of BRICS have a collective GDP that is bigger than the combined G7 countries.... The BRICS countries within the next 2 years will hold up to 80% of the global oil and gas export markets....

The multipolar world is where the resources are that the west can't live without.... I see a seperation happening where the west will be cut off by the rest of the world which makes up 85% of the global population and they have a massive axe to grind with the west, they won't forget history... I can see them cutting the west off from trade and that will be the total collapse of the west.

Nobody needs the west, they are drenched in debt, they live off the printing press, they are a fading market... 

The UK is probably going to take the biggest hit of all... They are cheerleading the USA on for war with China and ther Brits are desperate to be involved. If they think the sanctions on Russia backfired onto themselves, wait to see what sanctions on China does to them.

More likely the world will be back in the stone age after the zombie apocalypse, and the survivors will be white Europeans/Americans.

Edited by BritManToo

20 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

In the UK we will never go Hungry as our benefits system and Health service will provide us with free health care from Cradle to Grave. We do not need to root through Garbage to collect plastics to sell.

That statement is a long way from the UK I have known over more years than I care to remember. 60 years ago I would have agreed, but now the country is on a very steep slippery slope to hell in a hand cart.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Brewster67 said:

The benefits system is in more decline than the coiuntry in general, it is becoming harder to qualify for them, as for the NHS where my sister works is on the edge of total collapse, when I was young if you got sick you could get to see a doctor the same day, now you have to wait up to 3 weeks for an appointment depending where you live. They kick you out of hospital way beforte you are well enough to leave because they have lost 60% of hospital beds, and they basically let elderly pensioners just die without any attempt to keep them alive under 'Do Not Revive' legislation which kills 50,000 a year so yeah cradle to grave, but you might get to see your grave a lot sooner than you plan... and if all that wasn't eough 20 years from now you will have a US style private system with all NHS infrastructure sold off to big Pharma.

The reason you don't need to root through garbage is the fact you have a recycling system, if there was an ability to make money going through bins, you would be doing it.

Finally, what is it about the word 'declining' you don't understand.... EVERYTHING you just bragged about in your 'supremiscist' way will be a thing of the past very very soon. You are all BANKRUPT, you are hanging on by the printing press that is soon to disappear.

Your economy is about to totally IMPLODE... I give you 5 years tops....

Five years!! How generous! If the labour louts get their feet under table next year, I feel sure they will be begging the IMF for bale out like they did in the 70's, within 3years. A lot of things have changed since then, but labour are still very good at spending other peoples money and totally perplexed when it runs out.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Surasak said:

Five years!! How generous! If the labour louts get their feet under table next year, I feel sure they will be begging the IMF for bale out like they did in the 70's, within 3years. A lot of things have changed since then, but labour are still very good at spending other peoples money and totally perplexed when it runs out.

Nice of the current government to give King Charles a pay increase from 86 million to 125 million, while constancy cutting poor and disabled people's benifits as poverty increase and people are forced to use food banks to survive. 

As usual taking money off the poor to give to the rich.  You can not think this current government is good for the UK. 

• Love It 1

22 hours ago, Brewster67 said:

The UK has over 2500 foodbanks with around 500 being added every year, while Thailand did have a few dozen during Covid, I believe these no longer exist.

So you think that the Banana Republic of Thailand is a developing country??

• Haha 1

I am currently retired in Thailand with no thoughts of living back in the UK

I agree it's not looking good for people in the UK

Seems to be more depressing news most days on the standard of living there ???? 

As long as my Pensions are not effected life here in Thailand is good ????

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brewster67 said:

I can't agree...

The UK is probably going to take the biggest hit of all... They are cheerleading the USA on for war with China and ther Brits are desperate to be involved. If they think the sanctions on Russia backfired onto themselves, wait to see what sanctions on China does to them.

I'm not sure what your post has to do with the topic.

Be that as it may, there are a few inconvenient facts obstructing your view of a multipolar world.

1/ The USA is self-sufficient. It can feed itself, and fuel itself.

2/ Russia is heading towards being a failed state. If the Ukrainians don't achieve that, sanctions will. The ruble is becoming toilet paper.

3/ China is utterly dependent on imports to survive. A couple of nuclear submarines interdicting shipping through the Malacca Strait is all that's needed.

4/ China is also dependent on trade with the US. The only reason the CCP is not aiding Russia militarily - they are terrified of sanctions.

5/ I don't know where you are getting your GDP figures from. Mine say the combined GDP of the US and EU is $40 trillion, that of the BRICS $25 trillion. China is

about 70% of the group's GDP.

Note: It's all in USD, the world's reserve currency.

6/ Dictatorships such as Putin and Xi are always sclerotic, because no-one wants be the bearer of bad news. When such entities become dynasties, the results are

evident in places like North Korea. People there are starving.

7/ Your assessment of resource availability is incorrect. For example, China controls about 90% of rare earths. That is only because the CCP is willing to foul the countryside with the toxic mining by-products. In point of fact, rare earths are not all that rare, and Australia has deposits which are an order of magnitude richer than those China is mining.

I don't disagree some nations have an axe to grind, it's getting a suitable grindstone that's the problem. With everyone rushing towards renewables, I doubt fossil fuels will be a sufficient lever.

While you may be right about the UK being a basket case, it's GDP at $3 trillion is about the same as India.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Brewster67 said:

I can't agree...

And who swept across the UK.........................?           :whistling:

This is sounding like a brit bash thread. let's look at the difference in Education standards between the UK/Thailand. Most kids in the UK start Schooling at 5 and up until there 18 if they go to College all free. Thailand not sure what they start teaching but at 11-12 kids are expected to pay for their Education needs i believe books, Writing implements if there lucky their parents have money to put their kids into higher Education along with their English Educated Teachers. Most kids at 12 outside of the big cities are removed from School at around 12 and end up in low-pay work, or end up working in the Tourism sector including Bars. On a par or better than the UK mm don't think so. Thailand doesn't even have a leader voted in by the Thais.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

This is sounding like a brit bash thread. let's look at the difference in Education standards between the UK/Thailand. Most kids in the UK start Schooling at 5 and up until there 18 if they go to College all free. Thailand not sure what they start teaching but at 11-12 kids are expected to pay for their Education needs i believe books, Writing implements if there lucky their parents have money to put their kids into higher Education along with their English Educated Teachers. Most kids at 12 outside of the big cities are removed from School at around 12 and end up in low-pay work, or end up working in the Tourism sector including Bars. On a par or better than the UK mm don't think so. Thailand doesn't even have a leader voted in by the Thais.

Have to repectfully disagree.

The Brits need to be bashed there's a majority bunch of contrary individuals in uk who say help me I can't help myself.

My Thai son had no difficulty with school in Thailand because he wanted to learn as with all over the world some kids don't want to learn.

Thai kids learn early and go through a school age system and can go to college and the expense is not that expensive.

Even going university is one hell of a lot cheaper that UK uni.

6 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Nice of the current government to give King Charles a pay increase from 86 million to 125 million, while constancy cutting poor and disabled people's benifits as poverty increase and people are forced to use food banks to survive. 

As usual taking money off the poor to give to the rich.  You can not think this current government is good for the UK. 

The Government didn't give the King an increase as such. They didn't take so much from the Duchy of Lancaster income, which belongs to the Royal Family.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

I will correct and retract my previous posting as I have further information. The King DID NOT get an increase to his income. The government reduced his income from 25% to 12%. I don't see that as that would impact on the poor and needy, that is more down to the ID10T Chancellor who wouldn't know a penny from a pound.

1 hour ago, BarraMarra said:

So normal thai kids from like Issan obtain a decent education ? Kids who do not have Falang income.

Yes.

And secondly if they want to learn they can.

Edited by Kwasaki

On 7/20/2023 at 12:35 PM, Brewster67 said:

The UK is an undeveloping country, but don’t worry, they knew what they were voting for.

On 7/20/2023 at 1:02 PM, proton said:

I  believe almost nobody needs food banks in the UK, people will turn up for anything which is free, needed or not. Those that do always look fat and have a dog or three, as well as smoking and drinking. This kind of help needs to be targeted on the genuine cases, and that's not illegal immigrants or those on benefits most of their lives. 

I hope this is your attempt at humour though I fear it’s not and in fact you’re just clueless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2023 at 2:52 PM, proton said:

waited less than 2 hours at recent visits to government hospitals in Bkk, 6-8 hours is more like A&E packed out with foreigners at a UK hospital.

Those foreigners you deride are probably the doctors and nurses that keep the NHS running. I’ll bet you call yourself an expat in Thailand when actually your an immigrant eh?

10 hours ago, Tubulat said:

Don't forget all the people from N Africa they let in under the guise of refugees, they gobble up all the social services including medical care and housing.
But take it from me, it is a premeditated plan, and am convinced that the UN and WEF are responsible for this. It is premeditated.

You can’t beat a good conspiracy theorist to make you giggle 

Edited by Fairynuff
Typo