Foodbanks UK Versus Thailand

Brewster67

28 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

In the UK we will never go Hungry as our benefits system and Health service will provide us with free health care from Cradle to Grave. We do not need to root through Garbage to collect plastics to sell.

The benefits system is in more decline than the coiuntry in general, it is becoming harder to qualify for them, as for the NHS where my sister works is on the edge of total collapse, when I was young if you got sick you could get to see a doctor the same day, now you have to wait up to 3 weeks for an appointment depending where you live. They kick you out of hospital way beforte you are well enough to leave because they have lost 60% of hospital beds, and they basically let elderly pensioners just die without any attempt to keep them alive under 'Do Not Revive' legislation which kills 50,000 a year so yeah cradle to grave, but you might get to see your grave a lot sooner than you plan... and if all that wasn't eough 20 years from now you will have a US style private system with all NHS infrastructure sold off to big Pharma.

The reason you don't need to root through garbage is the fact you have a recycling system, if there was an ability to make money going through bins, you would be doing it.

Finally, what is it about the word 'declining' you don't understand.... EVERYTHING you just bragged about in your 'supremiscist' way will be a thing of the past very very soon. You are all BANKRUPT, you are hanging on by the printing press that is soon to disappear.

Your economy is about to totally IMPLODE... I give you 5 years tops....

Edited by Brewster67
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well you swapped it for National Parks,  waterfalls, jungle and forest hills. ????

Yes I used to do all that in the early years , collect tropical fish ,plants ,now you

don't know who owns the land and you could get hung for touching a starfish,

regards Worgeordie

• Thumbs Up 1

The Thai food banks are the temples, the monks give out food.

There is very little social welfare in Thailand, most Thais get 600 baht/month when they turn 60. Health care is 30 baht; however, it's usually a wait of 6-8 hours at government hospitals.

I know a woman who must be in her 90's, I see her on the road walking between villages. She gets food and a few baht for helping with funeral services, cleaning up after the parties.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

There is very little social welfare in Thailand, most Thais get 600 baht/month when they turn 60. Health care is 30 baht; however, it's usually a wait of 6-8 hours at government hospitals.

I know a woman who must be in her 90's, I see her on the road walking between villages. She gets food and a few baht for helping with funeral services, cleaning up after the parties.

Yes, of course there are going to be exceptions, but my point is the societal direction of both countries, Thailand is 'developing' which means life is improving, while in the UK it is 'declining' on a national level.

A lot of the people at these food banks are actually working people who can't get by without it.

I watched a video just yesterday of the queue at a British foodbank, it was at least half a mile long, you don't see half miles queues at temples in Thailand for food handouts... I also just an hour ago read that of all the places Ukrainian refugees fled to, those who turned up in the UK have the most regrets, they can't get work anywhere and are exploited the most...

In Thailand any Thai can get a joib almost anywhere that will give them a living, in the UK jobs are like hen's teeth and it is about to get a lot worse. Even if you can get a job you will struggle to live... Food inflation in the UK is well over 20% and is set to continue at that rate with some common staples having gone up by 175% in just the last 3 months alone.

I read last year that some supermarkets were putting anti-theft tags on CHEESE.

Edited by Brewster67
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

waited less than 2 hours at recent visits to government hospitals in Bkk, 6-8 hours is more like A&E packed out with foreigners at a UK hospital.

• Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, proton said:

waited less than 2 hours at recent visits to government hospitals in Bkk, 6-8 hours is more like A&E packed out with foreigners at a UK hospital.

Agreed, I have never had to wait for more than an hour whenever I have been to Thai government hospitals using the Thai version of the NHS (Thai welfare system).

Always had good service as well.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, proton said:

You presumably are not Thai, hence not getting a doctor for 30 baht.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You presumably are not Thai, hence not getting a doctor for 30 baht.

My wife is Thai and used the government hospital twice in the 13 years I have been here and both times she was seen almost immediately... She paid 30 baht.

Anyway, what you are referring to is almost certainly outpatient care, which usually has long queues due to the fact that many people there should really be at the doctor's clinic... Go into an A&E department and you will get instant care. In the UK, go to A&E and you are in for a long wait, where you go to outpatients and it is relatively quick because outpatients use an appointment system which you can wait weeks for an appointment.

1 minute ago, Brewster67 said:

My wife is Thai and used the government hospital twice in the 13 years I have been here and both times she was seen almost immediately... She paid 30 baht.

Anyway, what you are referring to is almost certainly outpatient care, which usually has long queues due to the fact that many people there should really be at the doctor's clinic... Go into an A&E department and you will get instant care. In the UK, go to A&E and you are in for a long wait, where you go to outpatients and it is relatively quick because outpatients use an appointment system which you can wait weeks for an appointment.

Useful knowledge, thanks. I was not aware A&E in Thailand was that efficient.

My GF tends to favor clinics over the government hospitals due to the wait times, which may be different in the provinces.

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Useful knowledge, thanks. I was not aware A&E in Thailand was that efficient.

My GF tends to favor clinics over the government hospitals due to the wait times, which may be different in the provinces.

Yes, outpatients in government hospitals are crowded which is down to the fact a doctor's clinic might charge 300 baht where many would rather pay just 30 baht and clog up the hospital outpatients dept. ????

If you want to go to outpatients, the best time is after 6pm, the place is almost deserted and there are more doctors, as they tend to come from the private practice clinics to do a couple of hours in the government hospital, many docs in outpatients are from private clinics.

Edited by Brewster67
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

You're very confused about what "having food banks" indicates.

You need to think about how many people need help with food, rather than how many food banks there are.  There could easily be more hungry or even starving people in Thailand, but no food banks.

Come back when you have actual stats, rather than just things that you imagine.

Read my other post where I say that a video showed a half mile queue at a single foodbank... Then work out the stats yourself, 

In 13 years I have seen no starving people and i just asked my 40 year old Thai wife and she hasn't either.

If you want forum users to do a full statistical study before they can post anything, I suggest you go find a forum of statisticians.... Or do your own research... I am not here to serve YOU.

Edited by Brewster67

1 minute ago, Brewster67 said:

Read my other post where I say that a video showed a half mile queue at a single foodbank... Then work out the stats yourself

It's irrelevant if you don't know how many hungry people there are in Thailand.

How many people in Thailand got a free meal on the day that the UK foodbank had a half-mile long queue?  If you have no idea about that, you don't know what the half-mile queue indicates.

• Like 1

"The fall of the Roman Empire" slill makes for good reading. The "Fall of the British Empire" is equally fascinating. Next in line: "The fall of the American Empire". Replaced by the new Chinese Empire.
All Empires eventually "fall". The only thing remarkable is, that the "Western Empire" has only lasted some short 200 years.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, 3NUMBAS said:

uk is having a hard time due inflation, covid and lockdown but it will return to better growth  in years to come ,its just a snapshot in time  of foodbanks 

I can't agree...

The world is changing fast, the east is rising and the west is declining... Countries like the UK have swept across the world for hundreds of years slaughtering people and stealing their wealth and resources and the UK was at the forefront of it. 

The multipolar world is taking off and the unipolar world led by the USA and their European sycophants in tow are in real danger... The multipolar world is made up of all the countries that have at one time or another been victims of the west and they have a huge axe to grind.

The BRICS is about to explode with over 40 countries ready to join and another 50 countries interested... The 5 current members of BRICS have a collective GDP that is bigger than the combined G7 countries.... The BRICS countries within the next 2 years will hold up to 80% of the global oil and gas export markets....

The multipolar world is where the resources are that the west can't live without.... I see a seperation happening where the west will be cut off by the rest of the world which makes up 85% of the global population and they have a massive axe to grind with the west, they won't forget history... I can see them cutting the west off from trade and that will be the total collapse of the west.

Nobody needs the west, they are drenched in debt, they live off the printing press, they are a fading market... 

The UK is probably going to take the biggest hit of all... They are cheerleading the USA on for war with China and ther Brits are desperate to be involved. If they think the sanctions on Russia backfired onto themselves, wait to see what sanctions on China does to them.

Edited by Brewster67
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1