Why Thais backed a military-backed constitution

Denim

IMO the referendum is unconstitutional and thus illegal , since it was held by an illegally elected   goverment.At Least I think military  coups are illegal in Thailand as they are in most countries in the world. 

BUT TIT

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Denim said:

That has not been my observation. 

As for democracy , hard to say if it would work in todays Thailand because clearly it is unlikely to ever again get a chance. Nobody is deluded enough to think democracy is perfect but it has the redeaming feature that if a government is performing poorly it can be voted out of office without the need of bloodshed or locking people of differing rules in prison.

Yeah I have just judged my opinion on what's happen in our village and when out riding on bike outings where roads have been surfaced.

I guess things will change eventually the way Thailand is governed as different generations evolve.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

IMO the referendum is unconstitutional and thus illegal , since it was held by an illegally elected   goverment.At Least I think military  coups are illegal in Thailand as they are in most countries in the world. 

BUT TIT

Did you prefer the Red shirts and Yellow shirt fighting one and other and road barricades.

2 minutes ago, Denim said:

I asked Thai friends if they had indeed voted for this current consitution. To my surprise they replied yes.

I had a conversation with my wife , when she told me that they were fiving money for people to go vote for a particular candidate. I said "Take the money. and then vote for whomever you want" 

She replied, "I cant do that they know who I vote for"

Regardless of whether the know or not, Thai people are convinced that they know . which is why military goverment referendums always get a very large percentage of the vote. To be honest If I had to vote, I would also vote yes on the outside chance that they some how know what I voted.   

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Did you prefer the Red shirts and Yellow shirt fighting one and other and road barricades.

It is not a matter of preference but a matter of law. If the military was interested in stopping unlawful behaviour by the Red or and Yellow shirts , They should have stooped the behavior rather than themselves also engage in unlawful behaviour .

Two wrongs have never made a right

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

General Topics

A forum for general interest and discussion topics related to Thailand only and not covered by other sub forums. The General Forum is not a place for political topics, chit chat, banter or observations about daily life. With the exception of politics, those sorts of topics should be placed in the ASEAN NOW Community Pub forum.

//Closed//