Judge sets May 2024 date for Trump classified documents trial

Social Media

10 minutes ago, Tug said:

I’m not in the least surprised Jarod would say that he well knows that if he doesn’t say what daddy wants daddy will disembowel him (Saudi 2 billion for starters) he wouldent hesitate to shaft his kids if he thinks it would save him not for a second 

While I agree with your sentiment here I also wouldn't be surprised if Trump really believed and still believes the election was stolen from him. 

Jared Kushner and Ivanka Flipping on Donald Trump: Michael Cohen
BY NICK MORDOWANEC ON 7/14/23 AT 4:55 PM EDT

Michael Cohen, former attorney and so-called "fixer" for Donald Trump, believes Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump are turning against the former president as more witnesses offer insight into his role during the January 6, 2021, Capitol riot.

(Cohen)  also referred to them as "inside moles," adding that he has no information to prove it.

"Jared does not want to see the inside of a prison cell," Cohen said. "He knows what it's like through his father's eyes, he knows how difficult it was for him and his siblings. He doesn't want to do the same thing to his children."

https://www.newsweek.com/jared-kushner-ivanka-flipping-donald-trump-michael-cohen-1813107

Edited by jerrymahoney

6 hours ago, stevenl said:

While I agree with your sentiment here I also wouldn't be surprised if Trump really believed and still believes the election was stolen from him. 

In fact Trump is trying to work up that as his defence for the Jan 6th charges et alia.

If that is true which I doubt, he should be committed, which in either case he is not fit to be elected President again.

Any other criminal who pleaded to be innocent of a crime because he believes he is not responsible would be laughed out of court.

'The former president’s claim that he’s convinced that the election was rigged shouldn't be a winning legal argument, but it could thwart a prosecution if jurors embrace it.'

Analysis: What prosecutors will need to prove if they charge Trump with trying to steal the 2020 election (nbcnews.com)