friend requests on FaceBook

sirineou

3 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

The Nigerian Prince is definitely a scam, because I have already replied to his Widow, and will receive the millions any day now.

I don't think so, but it could be delayed in the mail.

My Uncle is the postmaster general for the Nigerian post system, If You send me $240 , in small unmarked bills I can help expedite its delivery. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, lom said:

I do not have Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook so instead I walkabout the streets shouting to randomly selected people what I've eaten, drunk, and what my home looks like.
It is after all important to build networks.
So far I have 3 followers, one is apparently a doctor and the others are policemen.

Nice. Modern society watching people eat cake on a phone. How lame.

Just now, bignok said:

Ive got 4 friends, no facebook. Facebook friends are pretend friends like a pet rock.

Oh dear, well I can understand why you haven't many friends, but there are people out there who are different to you, and use FB for many reasons.

Me, spoken to people/friends from my schools from 60 years back, exchanged photos etc, so please keep your 'existence' to yourself and crack on.........:guitar:

9 minutes ago, transam said:

Oh dear, well I can understand why you haven't many friends, but there are people out there who are different to you, and use FB for many reasons.

Me, spoken to people/friends from my schools from 60 years back, exchanged photos etc, so please keep your 'existence' to yourself and crack on.........:guitar:

60 years ago? So you hadnt spoken for 60 years which means not real friends.

Pretend friends.

Every year, there is a big cyber convention in Las Vegas. Organizations such as Facebook, Line , Onlyfans etc. parcel up the personal information of thousands of the people who register with them, and auction off the data to the highest bidder. Which of course includes scammers, phishers and hackers.

It's why I avoid most social media. I have enough real-life friends.

Edited by Lacessit

1 minute ago, bignok said:

60 years ago? So you hadnt spoken for 60 years which means not real friends.

Pretend friends.

Don't be silly, seems you need a little education.....????

Did you know most schools have FB accounts via ordinary folk looking back at their past, this opens up a new window for readers to search for old friends.

Now I call this fun, but bar stool dwellers may not...:drunk:

Just now, transam said:

Don't be silly, seems you need a little education.....????

Did you know most schools have FB accounts via ordinary folk looking back at their past, this opens up a new window for readers to search for old friends.

Now I call this fun, but bar stool dwellers may not...:drunk:

So no current friends. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Every year, there is a big cyber convention in Las Vegas. Organizations such as Facebook, Line , Onlyfans etc. parcel up the personal information of thousands of the people who register with them, and auction off the data to the highest bidder. Which of course includes scammers, phishers and hackers.

It's why I avoid most social media. I have enough real-life friends.

For real?

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

You already did. 75 to 78 years old talking to people from 60 years ago. 

????........I am not 75-78 years old.....????

And I have only told you one thing about my private life, W.G. Grace is/was my relative....

You really like digging holes...................????

Just now, transam said:

????........I am not 75-78 years old.....????

And I have only told you one thing about my private life, W.G. Grace is/was my relative....

You really like digging holes...................????

Nobody cares.

38 minutes ago, transam said:

exactly.

some people maybe spend too much time on facebook.

and there is some narcissism.

but if you use it properly, it's a useful platform.

i've had several people from the past contact me.

it's the best tool to get in contact with people you haven't seen in years and want to reconnect with. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/22/2023 at 8:36 PM, Gottfrid said:

And where is the danger? You can just block when you get tired, right? Useless thread!

I use to do the same.
Every time I get a message that somebody who is not in my friends list "Like'd" a message, I simply block them to be sure that they have no further access to my posts.
Let FaceSh.t handle the rest for themselves.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, save the frogs said:

exactly.

some people maybe spend too much time on facebook.

and there is some narcissism.

but if you use it properly, it's a useful platform.

i've had several people from the past contact me.

it's the best tool to get in contact with people you haven't seen in years and want to reconnect with. 

The worse thing about Facebook is the friends nonsense, who wants to see photos of "friends" food etc, the best thing is the endless groups available for posts and comments, anyone who likes asiannow would like that

"So all of a sudden I get replies on funny things I posted on FB"

When you post make sure you set it to "Friends Only".....if you have the post on "Public", that's all your fault......unless you really do want the chicks writing !!   ????????????

Edited by mushroomdave

10 hours ago, transam said:

Now i'm very new to FB and as a confirmed com dino i'm struggling with it. Is there anyway i can get in touch with friends like you from many many years ago if indeed they are also using FB ? I'm not aware of any process and i have tried to find one.

Thanks for any help.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

The worse thing about Facebook is the friends nonsense, who wants to see photos of "friends" food etc, the best thing is the endless groups available for posts and comments, anyone who likes asiannow would like that

depends if your "friends" are all boring people who lead boring lives.

one girl I met, I looked her up on facebook and discovered she did some art. she posted her artwork on her page. at least it was interesting.

a lot of people are narcissists and expect you to view their pages of what they ate for breakfast. just ignore it. 

several people from the past have contacted me on my facebook, otherwise i don't use it much. 

forums like this are better for exchanging information. there is a thread with a clear topic and you read it if it interests you. 

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Now i'm very new to FB and as a confirmed com dino i'm struggling with it. Is there anyway i can get in touch with friends like you from many many years ago if indeed they are also using FB ? I'm not aware of any process and i have tried to find one.

Thanks for any help.

Just found the process, i did'nt realise it was that easy lol

12 hours ago, sirineou said:

I don't think so, but it could be delayed in the mail.

My Uncle is the postmaster general for the Nigerian post system, If You send me $240 , in small unmarked bills I can help expedite its delivery. 

On its way..........Realistic Play Money Templates - Do you want to make your own play money?  Looking for Play Money with s… | Printable play money, Play money template,  Money template X 240

• Haha 1