Mid-air drama: Unruly passenger instigates chaos on Thai Airways flight to Frankfurt

webfact

Flying in airplanes have the stupidest rules for seating though when thinking about it. I flew to china once on Thai airways... The first 20 rows were empty the whole flight. When I asked If I could move to one of those seats.. they refused. So I asked them if those seats were special or different in anyway.. they said no. But I was assigned my seat and had to stay there. Cramped like a sardine in a tin can. I think they just don't want to have to manage all the plane if half it it is empty.. better to keep all passengers in discomfort elbow to elbow and foot to ass-igned seat in front of them. 

On 7/25/2023 at 12:45 PM, circa02 said:

Unfortunately it doesn't say what happened to this person, he could of been released 30 minutes later for all the clapping internet knows - in which case likely consider a win? Fast tracking deboarding and upgrade. Was he banned from future Thai airways flights? Was the return part of his ticket canceled? Was he charged?

• Like 2

Persona non grata on all flights for life

Spread the resulting ban worldwide across all levels of media and the morons that inflict themselves on airlines would stop overnight

20 hours ago, ross163103 said:

Ban him from flying on EVERY airline FOREVER!

Forgot to mention; make him pay for fuel, any extra salaries/overtime for the flight crews, and also pay for any passengers who have to incur extra charges, ie flights, because of delays he's caused. If airlines would implement these changes mid air confrontations would be a thing of the past. As you can tell, I'm sick of these me, me, me, people causing problems for others! Sit down and shut up, act like a human not an animal!

I witnessed a similar disturbance on a Thai Airways flight to Taipei a few years ago - except this time, the individual causing the disruption was a Thai male. One of the stewards did a remarkable job of calming the man down in this instance. As it turned out, the poor bastard was freaking out over threats of bodily harm to his family members and himself from a Thai loan shark.

Unfortunately it doesn't say what happened to this person, he could of been released 30 minutes later for all the clapping internet knows - in which case likely consider a win? Fast tracking deboarding and upgrade. Was he banned from future Thai airways flights? Was the return part of his ticket canceled? Was he charged?

Sounds to me like @circa02's cadging for a free upgrade.

17 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

That can be a worry when you realise he is the pilot.????????

Pointe Noire, Republic of Congo about 20 years ago, already boarded and a big storm front is approaching the airport. The Captain announces a departure delay of about 40 minutes with the option to remain onboard or sprint quickly back to the terminal before the rain gets heavy and wait it out in comparative comfort. My mate and I debated for a minute regarding the hassle of their 'security' checks but decided one last icy cold Kronenbourg in the bar was worth it. We legged it to the bar, slightly bedraggled, just in time to see the Captain and co-pilot raising their beers in a polite 'Cheers'.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Love It 1

On 7/25/2023 at 3:10 PM, jacko45k said:

Fair result I suppose, but if the guy remained in a Biz or First Class seat meanwhile not a comfortable situation for the rest of the passengers. A lot more inconvenient but an unscheduled landing in Afghanistan or Pakistan to offload him there would work for me.  

if i was on the flight i would chip in for gas money. fantastic idea. 

Unfortunately it doesn't say what happened to this person,

After a quiet 10-hour stretch during which the crew demonstrated commendable professionalism, German police were called upon the plane’s arrival. After an announcement from the captain for all passengers to remain seated, five armed German police officers stormed the aircraft and arrested the problematic passenger.

Always read the full article.

3 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

From what height?

Preferably from 30K feet or more.

That way, the offenders have plenty of time to reflect on their bad behavior on the way down. ????

I dont think the German police would release him quickly. Maybe but highly unlikely.

On 7/27/2023 at 6:54 AM, jacko45k said:

Just sit where you are told and shut up! ????

Reminds me of my first (and last) Aeroflot flight out of Don Muang many moons ago. Burly air hostesses shouting, "Hurry up! Sit down now!! We want to fly!!"

• Haha 1