Raw Milk Declines

snoop1130

1690268569_154849-tnamcot-768x511.jpg

BANGKOK, July 25 (TNA) – The quantity of raw milk across the country has currently decreased from the average of the previous year by 400 tons per day as farmers enter milking break and reduce livestock rearing, said the Deputy Director-General of the Department of Livestock Development.

The decline is attributed to the milking break period before cows give birth following the normal rearing cycle. Additionally, some farmers have suspended rearing due to the high costs of livestock feed ingredients.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1212870

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2023-07-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Not nice to tie the cows legs together like that.

I understand why they might do it , but still not nice.

To stop them from kicking the milking machines off, and most Thais are scared of cows, mainly from getting kicked. 

6 minutes ago, kickstart said:

To stop them from kicking the milking machines off, and most Thais are scared of cows, mainly from getting kicked. 

We had a small dairy as a kid and I worked on one as a teenager. We never did that, first time I've ever seen that. If the cow was to get startled it would lose it's balance and fall. Forking idiots.

36 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

We had a small dairy as a kid and I worked on one as a teenager. We never did that, first time I've ever seen that. If the cow was to get startled it would lose it's balance and fall. Forking idiots.

Youtube cow milking. You will see it for the 2nd time +.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

You more than likely had tame Frisian cattle, like I use to milk ,but here in Thailand 35 years ago  they started to use imported USA semen, with problems mainly tic fever, Babesia, very often fatal .and heat stress. and low milk yeild with the heat and poor diet.

So they cross bread with tropical breeds Milking Zebu cattle, and the popular Shawiel ,a breed that has very good resistance to heat stress and a more impotently Babesia, in fact a good few thousand Sahiwal X Frisian cattle were imported from NZ. known in Thailand as Whar- New  ,NZ cattle .and the Thai DLD also bred they own version of the breed.

But good as they where, they  could the B's could kick, I remember doing a foot trimming job on one, feet well overgrown, had to knock it out could not get near it from kicking.

Now wind forward to now most of that blood line has gone still a few grand/great granddaughters about some of them can still kick,

So hence tying up they legs, most farmers still tie the legs back to the cow shed stanchions, not all are Forking idiots.

6 minutes ago, kickstart said:

You more than likely had tame Frisian cattle, like I use to milk ,but here in Thailand 35 years ago  they started to use imported USA semen, with problems mainly tic fever, Babesia, very often fatal .and heat stress. and low milk yeild with the heat and poor diet.

So they cross bread with tropical breeds Milking Zebu cattle, and the popular Shawiel ,a breed that has very good resistance to heat stress and a more impotently Babesia, in fact a good few thousand Sahiwal X Frisian cattle were imported from NZ. known in Thailand as Whar- New  ,NZ cattle .and the Thai DLD also bred they own version of the breed.

But good as they where, they  could the B's could kick, I remember doing a foot trimming job on one, feet well overgrown, had to knock it out could not get near it from kicking.

Now wind forward to now most of that blood line has gone still a few grand/great granddaughters about some of them can still kick,

So hence tying up they legs, most farmers still tie the legs back to the cow shed stanchions, not all are Forking idiots.

I'm seeing holstein cows in the pic. I thought those flat milking sheds went out long ago. The herringbone style barn was being used 50 yrs ago in USA so the cows couldn't kick. My mom would poke the flank with sharp stick when cows got rowdy. Never heard of cows getting hoof trimmed.

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I'm seeing holstein cows in the pic. I thought those flat milking sheds went out long ago. The herringbone style barn was being used 50 yrs ago in USA so the cows couldn't kick. My mom would poke the flank with sharp stick when cows got rowdy. Never heard of cows getting hoof trimmed.

I would say 95% of milking sheds  here in Thailand are the old as you call them, flat milking sheds, cheap to build, they are a few tandem parlous about, two near me.

You are right most breeding now is Holstein, that is why they is the milk shortage, they cannot sand the poor diet, average yield of a Thai cow is 12, kg/cow/day, not a lot with a big infertility problem.

Been a move to get in some Jersey stock, good small cattle do not suffer from heat stress can eat the poor diet, but Thai do not like small cattle they like big cattle, hence the above problems, another problem Thai's that will not change they ways. 

In the UK 3 main problems with cows, mastitis and feet problems, here in Thailand the same problems, some of the feet I have seen on some cows it is a miracle they can walk.

Go into YouTube look at some foot trimming videos.