Possible prostate issues or bladder problem?

On 7/27/2023 at 11:08 AM, KannikaP said:

I have mildly enlarged Prostate, 60 ml I think. For about a year my ejaculate has disappeared, either with the Mrs or self induced. The orgasm is still there.

Is this something to worry about

thats gross. I dont want to think about it. ie you shooting blanks

• Love It 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back onto the issue of the prostate, I read this article, which seems to offer some hope for sufferers of prostate cancer:...

Prostate cancer: An emerging surgical alternative shows promise in older men

Like a lumpectomy for breast cancer, this treatment, which is called focal therapy, spares healthy tissues.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/prostate-cancer-an-emerging-surgical-alternative-shows-promise-in-older-men-202308092963

On 7/25/2023 at 8:30 PM, advancebooking said:

Ive got an appt booked with a urology dr in a few weeks but thought I would discuss issues here as I could learn something. 

Over a month ago I had a hernia laproscopic repair done. It was successful and now back to full strength. Only thing I noticed was a slight dull pain in my right testicle. This week no weird feeling there at all for the first time. 

Prior to surgery they made me have a check up with urology dr. He did the finger test and said I have mild enlargement of the prostate. Same as last few yrs actually. I get it checked once a year. 

Last week I had an afternoon nap and woke up and saw that I had accidentally dribbled some urine on my boxer shorts. 

I frequently wake up at 5am with kind of uncomfortable full bladder. I was going to say painful but unsure if its the correct word. I would stand over the toilet urinating for a long time. Sometimes I cant really feel it coming out. Hard to describe or remember at that hour of the morning actually. 

Im only concerned now as Ive never had dribble on the boxer shorts before. 

Based on the above info what testing do you think should be done, if any? Whats the gold standard for testing ones prostate with minor symptoms? Or should I be looking to check my bladder?

thanks

Is this only when you sleep?

Could be severe sleep apnea. One of the ways the body copes with sleep apnea is to wake you up via urge to urinate. Are you overweight? Even if you are not, if you drink a lot and fall asleep drunk you can develop severe sleep apnea. You should get a sleep-study done.

It could also just be prostatitis. Harmless and will pass.

If you do have BPH, you can treat BPH with Finasteride. It shrinks the prostate by inhibiting the enzyme 5α-reductase (DHT) which is responsible for both enlarged prostates and male pattern baldness.