Pregnant Woman Injured After Getting Partially Stuck in a Drain in Phuket Town

webfact

image.jpeg

Phuket – A pregnant woman was injured after her leg got stuck in a water drain in Phuket Town.

The Newshawk Phuket Facebook page received a complaint from a pedestrian on Tuesday (July 25th). According to the complaint, a pregnant Thai woman whose name was withheld was walking with her younger brother on the footpath of the Patipat Road in Talad Nuea, Phuket Town. The pregnant woman injured her right leg after it got stuck in a broken water drain in front of a famous noodle restaurant.

Staff at the noodle shop told the local news that they had used to put a traffic cone on the broken water drain to warn pedestrians before but police asked them to remove it.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/07/25/pregnant-woman-injured-after-getting-partially-stuck-in-a-drain-in-phuket-town/

image.jpeg
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2023-07-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

3 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

Think positive, at least she didn't have to get her leg amputated like the woman at the airport....

if she severely lacerated her leg and didn't take strong anti-biotics due to her pregnancy; she could do. Looks to be an environment for a whole gamut of pathogens

• Thumbs Up 1

I had a little guest house in CM when I first came here and had a Turkish couple stay the lady fell down a similar hole on her second day.

After reporting it to the police the answer only enraged her further as she was told should have looked were you were going end of culpability ????    

• Thumbs Up 2

I learned very early on during my time in Thailand, advised by my wife, to never step on these covers. Strange that this woman didn't know never to do that, especially when - according to locals - it has been visible and a problem for a long time. Not looking where she was going? On her phone?

I remember a Bangkok governor once went out with the media to demonstrate that the sidewalks were safe, and fell down such a hole when the cover broke under his feet.

31 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I learned very early on during my time in Thailand, advised by my wife, to never step on these covers. Strange that this woman didn't know never to do that, especially when - according to locals - it has been visible and a problem for a long time. Not looking where she was going? On her phone?

I remember a Bangkok governor once went out with the media to demonstrate that the sidewalks were safe, and fell down such a hole when the cover broke under his feet.

Yeh blame the victim. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First, it is very good to look where one is walking. That was mistake number one, and probably the biggest.

Second, we all have to send a big Thanks to the police, that did a fantastic job dealing with the cone situation.

At last, we must also make a tribute to the restaurant owner, that put a cone there instead of asking for it to be changed or repaired.

Edited by Gottfrid

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

First, it is very good to look where one is walking. That was mistake number one, and probably the biggest.

She is pregnant, and most lady's who are, tend to walk with a straight back to relive the aching, not looking down. But hey blame her. 

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

She is pregnant, and most lady's who are, tend to walk with a straight back to relive the aching, not looking down. But hey blame her. 

I assume you would also fall in holes, as the crazy comment applies that. ????

FYI, you do not have to look down to see what´s in front of you. The only thing you have to do is look straight forward. Then I assume, she did not relieve her aching so much that she stared at the sky. ???? 

See how enlightened you are now! Maybe you will stay out of the holes.

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

I assume you would also fall in holes, as the crazy comment applies that. ????

FYI, you do not have to look down to see what´s in front of you. The only thing you have to do is look straight forward. Then I assume, she did not relieve her aching so much that she stared at the sky. ???? 

See how enlightened you are now! Maybe you will stay out of the holes.

Flaming me, i don't care just stop blaming the victim!

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Flaming me, i don't care just stop blaming the victim!

No I am not flaming you. I just draw a conclusion out of your reply. Feel free to explain how you see it better when you are of that opinion.

But you are right in all of your comments and replies on this forum. You can´t cure stupid. ???? 

Police told the noodle 

20 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Why ? In the real world you could sue the pants of the local council. Here they sue you back for giving them a bad name.:post-4641-1156694572:

Yeah, they brought disrepute on the community by doing their best to mark the hazard

Better to have a dangerous hole to challenge pregnant women, the aged and other  passersby. 

• Like 1