PRESS RELEASE: End Frozen Pensions For British Ex-Pats In Thailand

On 4/17/2024 at 5:58 PM, Wobblybob said:

Just came across this on F/B slightly promising.

We are delighted that Age UK the foremost charity working with seniors in the UK has issued its manifesto for the upcoming election in the UK, and they have listened to us and added the unfreezing of pensions to their demands .

I will post the link, is that allowed?

https://www.facebook.com/share/dkJYdc7t4qKWuYXX/?mibextid=oFDknk

Can't open the link, unfortunately. But at the end of the day it will all depend, I suppose, on whether Age UK will have at their disposal the clout needed in order to overcome that immovable force known as DWP's Sir Humphrey. Somehow I doubt it.

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2024 at 6:25 PM, Tiber said:

Most  of the plus 500 thousand ex pats in frozen countries will be supported by their own welfare system, so no hurry up from them, fact is they will probably better off

The Thai welfare system does not support any non-Thais.

We do not qualify for benefits of any kind

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Can't open the link, unfortunately. But at the end of the day it will all depend, I suppose, on whether Age UK will have at their disposal the clout needed in order to overcome that immovable force known as DWP's Sir Humphrey. Somehow I doubt it.

Yes I agree, but any port in a storm.🥴

34 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

The Thai welfare system does not support any non-Thais.

We do not qualify for benefits of any kind

You could always ask.

If you knew anything legally about the subject you would not be frozen

Edited by Tiber
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, OJAS said:

I also cannot open the link because I do not belong to F/B and never will .

7 hours ago, treetops said:

Once you read his drivel on this subject you may regret asking this.

After your alarming exposure of a Filipino rag,Id have kept quite.

12 hours ago, fulhamster said:

Please expand on this

The wording (DWP) goes as follows "no legal requirement to uplift State Pension" which follows pension pay-outs from International Pensions will follow too(no uplift)

What it does not say is anybody receiving a unfrozen pension is  committing a unlawful act.  Any A1 search will reveal statements "not illegal" "not inheriting illegal" " is not illegal"  and so on, whichever A1 is used.

The other A! statements "nobody has been sanctioned or punished " "not routinely sanctioned" and so on/.

Write to DWP on these statements for  confirmation, they will  not respond, even a Freedom of Information request will be ignored   

"   Prosecution:
Generally, receiving an unfrozen pension in a country where pensions are frozen is not a criminal offense.
However, it can have significant financial implications, especially if you rely on the pension as a primary source of income.
The consequences are more related to financial loss rather than legal prosecution."As of my last knowledge update, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) in the UK has not typically prosecuted individuals for receiving an unfrozen Old Age Pension (OAP). However, there have been instances where the DWP identified underpayments and took corrective action. Any administrivia action would be undertaken by Disqualifying procedures  (no action)

Edited by Tiber
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tiber said:

The wording (DWP) goes as follows "no legal requirement to uplift State Pension" which follows pension pay-outs from International Pensions will follow too(no uplift)

What it does not say is anybody receiving a unfrozen pension is  committing a unlawful act.  Any A1 search will reveal statements "not illegal" "not inheriting illegal" " is not illegal"  and so on, whichever A1 is used.

The other A! statements "nobody has been sanctioned or punished " "not routinely sanctioned" and so on/.

Write to DWP on these statements for  confirmation, they will  not respond, even a Freedom of Information request will be ignored   

"   Prosecution:
Generally, receiving an unfrozen pension in a country where pensions are frozen is not a criminal offense.
However, it can have significant financial implications, especially if you rely on the pension as a primary source of income.
The consequences are more related to financial loss rather than legal prosecution."As of my last knowledge update, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) in the UK has not typically prosecuted individuals for receiving an unfrozen Old Age Pension (OAP). However, there have been instances where the DWP identified underpayments and took corrective action. Any administrivia action would be undertaken by Disqualifying procedures  (no action)

Are you still at it, stop worrying over your fiddling UK pensions, and most of all, don't worry about us lot here, we will do what we want.

You have not provided ANY headed links, proving you are not fiddling...😂

NOTHING............😝

• Like 1

6 hours ago, transam said:

Are you still at it, stop worrying over your fiddling UK pensions, and most of all, don't worry about us lot here, we will do what we want.

You have not provided ANY headed links, proving you are not fiddling...😂

NOTHING............😝

Who is "us"  ?  who is "we"?   the untold masses?  maybe 2 or 3 caught up in untold misery .

" Headed links"?  that's easy , make your own up (dumb and dumber")   remember

A1  at work again

"Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD): Individuals with OCPD exhibit an obsessive preoccupation with rules and orderliness, which can interfere with daily life. They may insist on rigidly adhering to their own beliefs, even when evidence suggests otherwise2.
Narcissistic Personality Disorder: True narcissists have a need for attention and praise, often at the expense of empathy. They may manipulate situations to control others’ responses to them2.
Faultfinding: This term describes someone who tends to find faults in others and is captiously critical3.
Oppositional Conversational Style (OCS): Although not a diagnosable condition, individuals with an OCS always correct, dispute, or argue with others’ input4.
Remember that these terms describe patterns of behavior, and it’s essential to approach such situations with empathy and understanding." 🌟

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Tiber said:

Who is "us"  ?  who is "we"?   the untold masses?  maybe 2 or 3 caught up in untold misery .

" Headed links"?  that's easy , make your own up (dumb and dumber")   remember

A1  at work again

"Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD): Individuals with OCPD exhibit an obsessive preoccupation with rules and orderliness, which can interfere with daily life. They may insist on rigidly adhering to their own beliefs, even when evidence suggests otherwise2.
Narcissistic Personality Disorder: True narcissists have a need for attention and praise, often at the expense of empathy. They may manipulate situations to control others’ responses to them2.
Faultfinding: This term describes someone who tends to find faults in others and is captiously critical3.
Oppositional Conversational Style (OCS): Although not a diagnosable condition, individuals with an OCS always correct, dispute, or argue with others’ input4.
Remember that these terms describe patterns of behavior, and it’s essential to approach such situations with empathy and understanding." 🌟

Don't tell us about your problem, where are the official "paper" links, please.....................😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

The analysis does not address the salient issue at hand.

The receiving of an unfrozen pension in pension frozen land is not a criminal offence, However the act of receiving does not automatic confer entitlement or ownership.

As an example consider a person receives a package on behalf of another person. The receiver is not legally entitled to the contents of the package.

Thus the question at hand is not if the pensioner is receiving an unfrozen pension in pension frozen land , but one of legal entitlement.

The failure to inform a change of  circumstances resulting in monies paid that the claimant is not entitled to is an offence.

Even without the relevant SS regulations the basic UK unjust enrichment common law would apply allowing the injured party to claim restitution.(UK restitution law).

Here we are again legality following a muck cart  The legal (or illegal) acts is not common law,it is derived from rules regulations as drawn up by the payeee   (DWP)No offence in itself, at what could be regarded as change of circumstance it is what it could lead to,  in this case ,nothing but the policies specifically stated by DWP    No sanctions or punishments, no  money stopped or  taken back
Copilot

Worded directions from the source matter (DWP)  picked up by Artificial intelligence, indeed draw conclusions that would........offer some insight into ,not only A!, but the policies specifically stated by DWP
"As of my last knowledge update (A1), no specific punitive actions has ever been taken or likely to be taken against Old Age Pensioners (OAPs) with unfrozen pensions residing in frozen pension countries. The situation primarily revolves around the policy decisions made by the UK government regarding pension uprating and the specific agreements (or lack thereof) with other nations."

• Confused 1

Just now, Tiber said:

Here we are again legality following a muck cart  The legal (or illegal) acts is not common law,it is derived from rules regulations as drawn up by the payeee   (DWP)No offence in itself, at what could be regarded as change of circumstance it is what it could lead to,  in this case ,nothing but the policies specifically stated by DWP    No sanctions or punishments, no  money stopped or  taken back
Copilot

Worded directions from the source matter (DWP)  picked up by Artificial intelligence, indeed draw conclusions that would........offer some insight into ,not only A!, but the policies specifically stated by DWP
"As of my last knowledge update (A1), no specific punitive actions has ever been taken or likely to be taken against Old Age Pensioners (OAPs) with unfrozen pensions residing in frozen pension countries. The situation primarily revolves around the policy decisions made by the UK government regarding pension uprating and the specific agreements (or lack thereof) with other nations."

How about ditching the AI and writing something in comprehensible English, if that is possible in your case!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tiber said:

Copilot

Proof, proof on Gov. headed paper.........................🤣

As usual, you ain't got none, when you have had YEARS on here to source your that info proof..😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scottiejohn said:

How about ditching the AI and writing something in comprehensible English, if that is possible in your case!

You would not entirely understand that in either case, go lie down,its way way over yer head

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I doubt it, we have had years of his waffle on the subject........

1 minute ago, transam said:

I doubt it, we have had years of his waffle on the subject........

Waffle? waffle?  nay not I, lies upon lies stacked up higher than WTC.

But at the end of the day, I've got it, and you ain't.  Now bitterness,envy,jealousy, but not just at this very minute at what you are losing, its what is lost from the beginning that is some eye watering amount

Have a good day, enjoy as much as you can (if you can)

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Tiber said:

You would not entirely understand that in either case, go lie down,its way way over yer head

I translate that to mean that you are incapable of ditching the AI and writing something in comprehensible English!

2 minutes ago, Tiber said:

Waffle? waffle?  nay not I, lies upon lies stacked up higher than WTC.

But at the end of the day, I've got it, and you ain't.  Now bitterness,envy,jealousy, but not just at this very minute at what you are losing, its what is lost from the beginning that is some eye watering amount

I think it is "good day" to you, come back when you have actual Gov. headed info proving your case.

If not, go away, you are making yourself look daft, you did the same with your other usernames.........:coffee1:

• Like 1

Just now, scottiejohn said:

I translate that to mean that you are incapable of ditching the AI and writing something in comprehensible English!

He's got nothing to show, just that he purports to fiddle his pension, and it is all legal..........😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

He's got nothing to show, just that he purports to fiddle his pension, and it is all legal..........😂

That's not all he is "fiddling" going by his incomprehensible posts!

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

No ,not one bit. Its you that is incapable of understanding, now do not complain to mother,(go lie down (again)

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, transam said:

Yes it is,now we are getting somewhere "legal"  perfectly put. It is actually

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Very funny, now run along............🙄

Again,I summarise....

" But at the end of the day, I've got it, and you ain't.  Now bitterness,envy,jealousy,(could add loathing too) but not just at this very minute at what you are losing, its what is lost from the beginning that is some eye watering amount

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Very funny, now run along............🙄

For once I must disagree with you!

There is nothing that idiot says that could in anyway be described as remotely funny, even if it was understandable or germane!

Just now, Tiber said:

Again,I summarise....

" But at the end of the day, I've got it, and you ain't.  Now bitterness,envy,jealousy,(could add loathing too) but not just at this very minute at what you are losing, its what is lost from the beginning that is some eye watering amount

More cr@p from the only thing the cr@pper is any good at!

• Thumbs Up 1