Ferry to Koh Samui Malfunctions and Strands Frightened Passengers for Hours

webfact

19 hours ago, cracker1 said:

There are several Companies running ferries on this route and it would be interesting to know which company operated the one mentioned in the story?

Have to be careful with the defamation laws being what they are.

I would put my money on it being the Raja ferry the vessels are like rust buckets I to have ended up stuck on the Raja due to malfunction of the car ferry doors Which resulted me missing my hospital appointment . There has not been a car ferry from Samui for a couple of months only a passenger ferry . Years ago the Seatran would do a car ferry once a week every Wednesday if my memory is good it was superb it sailed in the morning at 7 and left Samui at 5.30 in the afternoon it was a superb service I wish they would start it up again if I want to go to Samui  now I can only go via Donsak it’s a 4 hour trip each way and costs around 2,800 baht return for car and driver passengers are not included in that price . I don’t know if this is correct but someone mentioned that the Raja was under Army ownership ! 

4 hours ago, phetphet said:

Have to be careful with the defamation laws being what they are.

You only have to look at the picture to know which ferry it is there are only two car  ferries that run to Samui and Phangan from Donsak

Edited by crazykopite