British

7 minutes ago, 0james0 said:

I speak American and can never understand what the Brits are saying because they’re accent and the idioms don’t make any sense.

You must be 'aving a tin bath moosh.

US ,Vehericle, Parsta, Rowt, tire, gray ...........

English, Vehicle, Pasta, Route, Tyre, Grey

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, bignok said:

People on here do.

I learned to drive in Wales, like most Americans do (it's a mini-industry). I drove through every square foot of it and no other place in Europe has such a variety of scenery in so small a space.

The Welsh vastly prefer Americans to The English. Just like when I lived in Suffolk, I ranked higher among the locals than a Londoner. Grudge-wise, the English beat out even the Serbs. Their grudges and accents change every 20 kms headed north.

I have English family living in some ex-coal mine slag heap of a town. Three generations later, they're still distinctly English and very anti-Welsh. 

4 hours ago, still kicking said:

So, what is wrong with the Brits? I do have some Brits on my Facebook, try to talk to them at their time, but everybody seems to be sleeping or ignore me so much for British gentlemen or ladies 

big time difference to here from uk...

they need to sleep as well !!!!!!

10 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

I learned to drive in Wales, like most Americans do (it's a mini-industry). I drove through every square foot of it and no other place in Europe has such a variety of scenery in so small a space.

The Welsh vastly prefer Americans to The English. Just like when I lived in Suffolk, I ranked higher among the locals than a Londoner. Grudge-wise, the English beat out even the Serbs. Their grudges and accents change every 20 kms headed north.

I have English family living in some ex-coal mine slag heap of a town. Three generations later, they're still distinctly English and very anti-Welsh. 

Crazy soccer fans. Something wrong with them.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

So, what is wrong with the Brits? I do have some Brits on my Facebook, try to talk to them at their time, but everybody seems to be sleeping or ignore me so much for British gentlemen or ladies 

Maybe they ignore you because they do not know what the 4.... you are on about!

You mention 'their time' which is 6 hours behind Thailand. Listen to the phone in radio stations ie LBC or BBC 5 Live etc right now @ 09.53, and you will hear that there are many Brits wanting to talk.......but not to you unfortunately.

• Love It 1

Why should they want to talk to you?

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Your second paragraph . Suffolk and Norfolk   Southfolk and Northfolk. Slightly off topic ( if a Brit you will get it ). When I K Brunel built the bridge from Devon into Cornwall it was said it let the Devil in to Cornwall. A Cornish man I knew several years ago said ' It did my 'ansum '.

32 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Your second paragraph . Suffolk and Norfolk   Southfolk and Northfolk. Slightly off topic ( if a Brit you will get it ). When I K Brunel built the bridge from Devon into Cornwall it was said it let the Devil in to Cornwall. A Cornish man I knew several years ago said ' It did my 'ansum '.

This is like when I saw Bernard Manning and he said: "You always hear about Islam, but what about 'er lamb?"

Alan Partridge really "got" Norwich. 

Edited by LaosLover
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, Victor Laszlo said:

That should be "their" accent old boy, just trying to help with your English comprhension.

It ain’t no nothing to do with English comprehension, it’s a grammar typo. You should go back to grammar school to learn to differentiate and comprehend the difference. Just trying to help ya there young fella 55!

Edited by 0james0
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

No, it is because YOU do not know the difference between THERE, THEIR, THEY'RE.

And in English it is 'It is nothing to do.................... NOT 'It ain't...........'

YOU should go back to whichever school you attended and get re-educated.

Ya ain’t got no clue to decipher them dhere typos dhere young fella.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

11 minutes ago, bignok said:

Something wrong with all of them.

Cardiff is a great, drunky place to see a show. I saw Status Quo and Boney M there*. Demented.

*Not on the same bill, of course. That would have been like older Chav Glastonbury.