British

8 hours ago, LaosLover said:

Sadly, that cockney accent is all but gone. It's like if you want to hear a Martin Scorcese-level New Yawk accent, you have to go out to The Pocono's or far north New Jersey, where all the cops retired to. 

My mother was a true cockney. Born within the sound of ball bag's bells, or whatever the saying is.

Still a few of us left. But agree most emigrated to Essex after the war. So the accent is known as Thames estuary 

A post with a photo of a beer brand has been removed:

42. You will not advertise, display, promote, review or endorse, directly or indirectly, the name or trademark of any alcoholic beverage. Such actions are potentially in contravention of Section 32 of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Act (2008).

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

That applies to me also. Do we live in the same village? 555

You're not that far from me, I'm the other side of Phisanulok, between Wattayum and Sak Lek.

Was over there twice this month for Thai boxing, at Bang Rakam.

3 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Local Accents    Eee Ba Gum where's thar bin thee. The translation is "Where have you been".

You've got it all wrong. The kids in Leeds, Huddersfield, York etc are taking their Ecstasy tablets by rubbing them on their teeth. That is E, by Gum! 555

10 hours ago, 0james0 said:

I speak American and can never understand what the Brits are saying because they’re accent and the idioms don’t make any sense.

Because we are speaking English mate, not some weird Colonial bastardisation of the language 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bignok said:

Doubt it. US companies are massive.

Companies, yes. And the US remains the fount of innovation and technology.

Besides, I'm trying to be polite. I was just lucky materializing on the planet in the US when it was the premier economy and military power. I had nothing to do with it, of course, but for those who need it, it comes with bragging rights. It also can elicit contempt.

I try to stay out of the arguments for or against.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

i know do not have to be told

My post was for still kicking, the OP, who seemed to have trouble with time zones. 

1 hour ago, bignok said:

Try the Singha boutique ones.

You mean the ones you buy in a clothes shop?  555

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

Companies, yes. And the US remains the fount of innovation and technology.

Besides, I'm trying to be polite. I was just lucky materializing on the planet in the US when it was the premier economy and military power. I had nothing to do with it, of course, but for those who need it, it comes with bragging rights. It also can elicit contempt.

I try to stay out of the arguments for or against.

I think you guys are also tops for weekly school shootings too.

• Thumbs Up 1