Antarctica is missing an Argentina-sized amount of sea ice – and scientists are scrambling to figure out why

Social Media

14 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Uninformed hey ? what nonsense are you preaching? The planet has been taking care off it self for many Thousands off years ,Fast or slow it doesn't matter you can't proof one way or the other . Let it Be. 

Let what be? Sounds like your trying to close a debate and shut out the science. Next you'll be asking why do sea levels not rise uniformly around the globe.

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Let what be? Sounds like your trying to close a debate and shut out the science. Next you'll be asking why do sea levels not rise uniformly around the globe.

I was expecting a link to that eminent climatologist, Sir Paul McCartney.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

If you calculate the change of atmospheric carbon dioxide and temperature over the past 200 years it blows any natural cycle or phenomenon out of the water. Probably by a factor of millions in rate of change.

So you say probable? 

Nature ca change slow or fast that 's beyond  the control  or input from man.

Let it Be.

19 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not trying I am just sick off you guys  I believe one thing and you believe an other but you don't want to except my believe an I won't yours .

Next you will say that the seawater runs Downhill so the seawater level at the South pole is Higher than at the north pole.

3 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Not trying I am just sick off you guys  I believe one thing and you believe an other but you don't want to except my believe an I won't yours .

Next you will say that the seawater runs Downhill so the seawater level at the South pole is Higher than at the north pole.

I really don't care what you believe. I do care about facts and you have none. Prove me wrong.

No I wouldn't say that the sea runs downhill though, that sounds like one of your beliefs. It is affected by gravity and ocean dynamics though.

Earth's gravity field

A visualization of Earth’s gravity field using Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE) data. Gravity is determined by mass; Earth’s mass is not distributed equally, and it also changes over time. Credit: NASA/JPL/University of Texas Center for Space Research

https://sealevel.nasa.gov/faq/9/are-sea-levels-rising-the-same-all-over-the-world-as-if-were-filling-a-giant-bathtub/

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I really don't care what you believe. I do care about facts and you have none. Prove me wrong.

No I wouldn't say that the sea runs downhill though, that sounds like one of your beliefs. It is affected by gravity and ocean dynamics though.

Earth's gravity field

A visualization of Earth’s gravity field using Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE) data. Gravity is determined by mass; Earth’s mass is not distributed equally, and it also changes over time. Credit: NASA/JPL/University of Texas Center for Space Research

https://sealevel.nasa.gov/faq/9/are-sea-levels-rising-the-same-all-over-the-world-as-if-were-filling-a-giant-bathtub/

Facts hey, I haven't seen Any fact/Proof that What I believe is wrong being that climate change is Manmade and Not a Phenomenon All I hear is some scare mongering .

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, digger70 said:

Facts hey, I haven't seen Any fact/Proof that What I believe is wrong being that climate change is Manmade and Not a Phenomenon All I hear is some scare mongering .

Turn off those voices and start reading instead what most climatologists are saying.

Edited by placeholder
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, digger70 said:

You have absolutely nothing to support your belief other than your right to believe it.

9 hours ago, digger70 said:

So you say probable? 

Nature ca change slow or fast that 's beyond  the control  or input from man.

Let it Be.

Human's have had significant measurable impact on the land, air and waters of the planet.  It results might not have been a controlled but these impacts have had and continue to have affects on earth's climate.

10 hours ago, digger70 said:

Uninformed hey ? what nonsense are you preaching? The planet has been taking care off it self for many Thousands off years ,Fast or slow it doesn't matter you can't proof one way or the other . Let it Be. 

You still maintain rate of change doesn't matter?  You have a serious aversion to logic and the obvious.

16 hours ago, ozimoron said:

You have absolutely nothing to support your belief other than your right to believe it.

That goes same for you. Nothing is proven they are all speculations and what Maybe is going to happen . Scare mongering comes to mind and on top off that they make people spend Billions of Dollars to so called fixing and protecting the world .

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, digger70 said:

That goes same for you. Nothing is proven they are all speculations and what Maybe is going to happen . Scare mongering comes to mind and on top off that they make people spend Billions of Dollars to so called fixing and protecting the world .

Rubbish, I have linked to dozens of reports and websites which provide ample evidence and research papers. You have nothing except conspiracy theories and social networks to support your denial.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Rubbish, I have linked to dozens of reports and websites which provide ample evidence and research papers. You have nothing except conspiracy theories and social networks to support your denial.

There you go, We use the same Internet ,Social networks . They Also say that you are wrong and that this is about scaremongering and ripping off people for billions of dollars. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Do you think that it's just a coincidence that CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere have increased 50% since the beginning of the industrial revolution?  https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/carbon-dioxide/

What's particularly amusing is that the proof he submitted via a link shows that the extremely high heat levels of the distant past were associated with extremely high carbon dioxide levels.

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Is this a case of LiittleEnglanderitis? Do you believe that the UK encompasses the entire surface of Planet Earth?

• Thumbs Up 1