Silly pronoun use ... IMHO

KhunLA

11 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

People are well aware of the way that some far-left people are behaving now.  How do you think the word "woke" organically changed its meaning in the first place?

The lefties can't see it but they have actually become a parody of themselves, a sort of politically correct caricature,  their days however are, hopefully, numbered and they will effectively orchestrate their own extinction as they alienate more and more normal thinking, and right minded people,   First they came for the real Nazi's , racists and fascists, fair enough, but now they apply those labels to anyone who dares to disagree with their increasingly ridiculous language and beliefs.  The backlash is now well underway, and wokeism etc will be proven to be itself,  "unsustainable" another of their favoured words

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I could care less and wonder why does anyone else. 

People complaining about this when there are so many incredibly serious issues in the world. Crazy.

True. 

But to be correct in a sentence you can't use slang.

Before someone posted the expression 'the world is going nuts'. 

The correct English non-slang version is: "The world is going testicles."

5 minutes ago, carlyai said:

The correct English non-slang version is: "The world is going testicles."

or maybe even "ovaries"  but no doubt both terms would be offensive to those who have simply  been castrated or simply  choose to deny the existence of their sexual organs 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

are you a he  a she or a they ?   I will use whatever pronouns are correct   male = he   female = she  regardless of how some choose to dress or what physical disfigurement they have self harmed themselves into. I don't care if I offend any of "them"  in fact that's part of the fun.  

So brave, such a warrior ???? 

I am not "offended" I just think you are silly 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

awww need a lesson in science and biology?   or do you just need a few home truths explaining to you?

Yes, please, shall we start with the fact that sex is bimodal? Or, how about sex and gender are not the same. Oh wait, you mean you have a kindergarten level of understanding and think that is enough, right?

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

Makes communication more difficult? Are you joking? You know what someone's pronouns are and you use them, oh my god! the horror.

As if it's that simple.  ????  Stop trolling.

16 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

And yeah, you are a snowflake, deal with it

Lol.  How?  Do you even know what that means?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

The lefties can't see it but they have actually become a parody of themselves, a sort of politically correct caricature,  their days however are, hopefully, numbered and they will effectively orchestrate their own extinction as they alienate more and more normal thinking, and right minded people,   First they came for the real Nazi's , racists and fascists, fair enough, but now they apply those labels to anyone who dares to disagree with their increasingly ridiculous language and beliefs.  The backlash is now well underway, and wokeism etc will be proven to be itself,  "unsustainable" another of their favoured words

Indeed.  People are waking up and noticing that their methods of power-seeking now involve attacking normal regular people who are simply questioning their ethics/motivations.  People may be dumb, but they will notice when someone calls them a Nazi simply for expressing their doubt about something or something that concerns them.

The far-left types have basically overplayed their hand.  The only tactics they have is to shame people and intimidate them, and now that they're turning those tactics on regular people, people are recognising them for what they are.

It's technically a positive, because the more they speak, the more they reveal themselves, as they have become so used to being able to say and do whatever they want.  (And this is noticeable even in threads like these.)

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PremiumLane said:

Yes, please, shall we start with the fact that sex is bimodal? Or, how about sex and gender are not the same. Oh wait, you mean you have a kindergarten level of understanding and think that is enough, right?

no I think enough is enough ok?  men are men and women are women regardless of their personal fantasies, unfortunate for you lot but absolutely and factually true.  To suggest anything else is nothing but harmful misinformation,  and if you are not actually one of these fantasists then you are just virtue signalling to others like you.

Perpetuating a myth to make yourself appear "better" than normal people who make up the overwhelming majority of the world's population.

Its after 10am now  Should you not be at some demonstration somewhere by now with a rainbow flag in your hand?  Supporting all your female brothers  and male sisters,?   I fact how do these misguided people refer to there misguided siblings without offending them , or themselves?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Indeed.  People are waking up and noticing that their methods of power-seeking now involve attacking normal regular people who are simply questioning their ethics/motivations.  People may be dumb, but they will notice when someone calls them a Nazi simply for expressing their doubt about something or something that concerns them.

The far-left types have basically overplayed their hand.  The only tactics they have is to shame people and intimidate them, and now that they're turning those tactics on regular people, people are recognising them for what they are.

It's technically a positive, because the more they speak, the more they reveal themselves, as they have become so used to being able to say and do whatever they want.  (And this is noticeable even in threads like these.)

They actually can say whatever they want and can hurl vile insults at everybody else with no fear of censorship, unlike normal people who can be "cancelled" or even prosecuted for speaking the truth. But, "what goes around comes around", as they say,  and thankfully the tide is turning as it was  always  bound to. The silent majority is slowly waking up to this bizarre rubbish and its days are numbered.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

Even a kindergarten level pupil understands the basic facts of nature, and would not normally be exposed to this kind of rubbish,   That was until they allowed strange men dressed as horrific caricatures of women into the classrooms to brainwash the kids.    Truly disgusting in my opinion

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Mind boggling and just silly.   

It isnt that difficult to understand.

Why let it bother you?

It amazes me how many people get so triggered by it. 

Cant say it affects me on a day to day basis.

49 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

even the kiddie fiddlers are now to be referred to as "minor attracted people"  in the woke world

don't tell us, you saw it on a Facebook post and got frothed up - one dumb person said it and you get all worked up and start screaming about "the woke" - you dudes are so easily triggered.

Feel free to send the links to the science by the way about biology, want to see that. 

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Even a kindergarten level pupil understands the basic facts of nature, and would not normally be exposed to this kind of rubbish,   That was until they allowed strange men dressed as horrific caricatures of women into the classrooms to brainwash the kids.    Truly disgusting in my opinion

So nothing to do with biology, just "muh feels" - you must have been horrified about Mrs. Doubtfire and pantomime dames then 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Goat said:

It isnt that difficult to understand.

Why let it bother you?

It amazes me how many people get so triggered by it. 

Cant say it affects me on a day to day basis.

Really doesn't bother me, but it did take me by surprise.  First time I actually read, when pronouns being improperly used, from what I was taught.

And yes, it will always be an improper use of the pronoun, past, present & future.

They (proper use & alphabet choice ????) should be using the 'new' ones, Xe / Xem / Xir, as it wouldn't confuse the rest of us, or the auto grammar correct, which apparently hasn't woke up yet.

Use any pronoun you want, but my revised example in the OP, simply using the name, is a much easier read.  Without the need for a *, advisory why they/them used.   Confirms it's unusual reading for those over 20 yrs old, and not taught how to speak, write improperly in school.

Just don't expect me to play along, or get offended when I don't.  Your name is all I'll be using, when appropriate.  Yet to have anyone I know in the alphabet club to ask to use such silliness.

1+1 still = 2

They & Them is still and always will be, a plural pronouns, in my world.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

you must have been horrified about Mrs. Doubtfire and pantomime dames then 

Not at all i viewed them as something to laugh about, I consider all these trans types to be just the same, ridiculous pantomime dames, ( only without a sense of humour)

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

Of course, I know, you getting all worked up by pronouns doesn't make you a special boy who needs a safe space from those nasty pronoun people 

Well, you're saying that, not me.  So I'm not really sure what point you are making. ????‍♂️

If you have to pretend that someone has said something that they haven't said, you don't really have a point. 

I suspect you have nothing to contribute and simply want to silence people because you don't like what they are saying.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

Of course, I know, you getting all worked up by pronouns doesn't make you a special boy who needs a safe space from those nasty pronoun people 

you seem obsessed with "safe spaces"  but its nice to see you parodying a purley leftie concept 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

I suspect you have nothing to contribute and simply want to silence people because you don't like what they are saying.

its not even that he doesn't like what is being said by us, it is because he feels "others" may take offence and he is taking offence on their behalf,  pure unexpurgated virtue signalling to one or two other vocal members on here, He probably feels safer aligning himself with them, and gets a warm smug feeling when he receives "likes" from them.  He also mistakenly feels he occupies some sort of morally superior "high ground" 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

you seem to be getting a bit triggered lmfao

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

So nothing to do with biology, just "muh feels" - you must have been horrified about Mrs. Doubtfire and pantomime dames then 

predictable response, in so much that you have omitted to add your opinion on what is effectively the sexualisation of children,  I had no idea about any of this rubbish when I was a kid, and as far as I and all normal people are concerned that is how it should be.

Young minds are easily corrupted, that is why religion is forced on us at an early age, what grown adult would believe in an imaginary friend if they had not had the fear of god put into them at a very young age.

So just to clarify matters, what is your opinion of transvestites preaching to 5 year olds about unnatural or indeed any sexual practices

• Like 1