My Landlord Stop Me from Leaving the Country

On 8/3/2023 at 6:44 PM, Lorry said:

So immigration at the border knew/saw in their computer that there was a case pending?

Yup. Submitted documents at the window. Saw IOs face turn sour. She went and got supervisor. "Go back", pointing to Thai side  (land border). At airport, checked in, passed security, stopped at passport control. Again, they knew.

On 8/2/2023 at 7:24 PM, Dan O said:

Its only applicable if a case is filed with the court and the court orders it. You could have gotten an extentision based on the court case preventing you from leaving 

Only with a letter from the court

Thailand is surprisingly sophisticated with their IT integration.  I suspect many agencies are interconnected, when I applied fir an Elite visa, they asked me about withdrawals made on my ATM card in Australia, I never told them about that account.

Thailand 4.0 is all about knowing everything digitally about everyone.  Foreigners don’t yet have digital ID cards here, it’s why we can no longer use PayPal or undergo KYC validation at some cryptocurrency, exchanges, etc. 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Thailand is surprisingly sophisticated with their IT integration.  I suspect many agencies are interconnected, when I applied fir an Elite visa, they asked me about withdrawals made on my ATM card in Australia, I never told them about that account.

Thailand 4.0 is all about knowing everything digitally about everyone.  Foreigners don’t yet have digital ID cards here, it’s why we can no longer use PayPal or undergo KYC validation at some cryptocurrency, exchanges, etc. 

Not quite sure how they would have any access to banking data in any other country. Sounds inaccurate to me. They may have run a credit report which would show accounts but they would see anything about an atm card. 

2 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Not quite sure how they would have any access to banking data in any other country. Sounds inaccurate to me. They may have run a credit report which would show accounts but they would see anything about an atm card. 

I was surprised too.  This could never happen in in the UK.  My account was with Bangkok Bank.  I used an agency for my Elite application and they were able to explain what they were concerned about and it was addressed to their satisfaction.

Bangkok Bank would have known where the withdrawals were made.

22 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

You must be getting reamed on transaction fees. ????

4604eeda53b2dc62562935dbf3953bc3.jpeg

They say KYC block is temporary but won’t give timescale, can still sell crypto but can’t buy on BitKub.  Cannot use PayPal at all.

It seems to be related to Digital ID’s, hopefully we will all get them.

On 8/3/2023 at 3:30 PM, NoDisplayName said:

When do we get the rest of the story?

How much damage did the ladyboy do to your apartment?

If it's just a case of bashing through the back door, cheap to fix with a trip to Thai Watsadu. 

On 8/3/2023 at 8:21 PM, JBChiangRai said:

All governments have mechanisms to flag their immigration department with details of their own citizens and foreigners they don’t want to leave the country.

in this day and age, I would expect the judiciary’s computer to link to the immigration database without any human interaction to inform IO’s at ports not to allow the person to pass.

Exactly. There have been several posts here by "experts" saying immigration don't care when the reality is they will care when a red flag from a court order pops up in their immigration database that tells them to. Yes it will cost the landlord money but the OP (who seems to have vanished anyway) has no idea if his 'bad vibe' landlord has the money and/or connections that make pursuing it in court worthwhile.

Over in Malaysia, the authorities are clamping down on their own nationals who work offshore or overseas but are delinquent on their personal tax affairs. They find themselves being denied exit at ports and airports by, wait for it... immigration officers, who refer them to the revenue department. No passport seizure needed as the red flag makes it as usefull as a bank passbook.

Edited by NanLaew

On 8/5/2023 at 10:06 AM, JBChiangRai said:

Thailand 4.0 is all about knowing everything digitally about everyone.

Nope

"

Four Objectives of Thailand 4.0

1. Economic Prosperity: to create a value-based economy that is driven by innovation, technology and creativity. The model aims to increase Research and Development (“R&D”) expenditure to 4% of GDP, increase economic growth rate to full capacity rate of 5-6% within 5 years, and increase national income per capita from 5,470 USD in 2014 to 15,000 USD by 2032.

2. Social Well-being: to create a society that moves forward without leaving anyone behind (inclusive society) through realization of the full potential of all members of society. The goals are to reduce social disparity from 0.465 in 2013 to 0.36 in 2032, completely transform to social welfare system within 20 years and develop at least 20,000 households into “Smart Farmers” within 5 years.

3. Raising Human Values: to transform Thais into “Competent human beings in the 21sth Century” and “Thais 4.0 in the first world. Measures under Thailand 4.0 will raise Thailand HDI from 0.722 to 0.8 or the top 50 countries within 10 years, ensure that at least 5 Thai universities are ranked amongst the world’s top 100 higher education institution within 20 years.

4. Environmental Protection: to become a livable society that possesses an economic system capable of adjusting to climate change and low carbon society. The targets are to develop at least 10 cities into the world’s most livable cities, reduce terrorism risk, and increase the proportion"

2 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

Nope

"

Four Objectives of Thailand 4.0

1. Economic Prosperity: to create a value-based economy that is driven by innovation, technology and creativity. The model aims to increase Research and Development (“R&D”) expenditure to 4% of GDP, increase economic growth rate to full capacity rate of 5-6% within 5 years, and increase national income per capita from 5,470 USD in 2014 to 15,000 USD by 2032.

2. Social Well-being: to create a society that moves forward without leaving anyone behind (inclusive society) through realization of the full potential of all members of society. The goals are to reduce social disparity from 0.465 in 2013 to 0.36 in 2032, completely transform to social welfare system within 20 years and develop at least 20,000 households into “Smart Farmers” within 5 years.

3. Raising Human Values: to transform Thais into “Competent human beings in the 21sth Century” and “Thais 4.0 in the first world. Measures under Thailand 4.0 will raise Thailand HDI from 0.722 to 0.8 or the top 50 countries within 10 years, ensure that at least 5 Thai universities are ranked amongst the world’s top 100 higher education institution within 20 years.

4. Environmental Protection: to become a livable society that possesses an economic system capable of adjusting to climate change and low carbon society. The targets are to develop at least 10 cities into the world’s most livable cities, reduce terrorism risk, and increase the proportion"

Yep

Thailand's Interior Ministry rolls out digital ID app in drive towards Thailand 4.0 | Thaiger (thethaiger.com)

also links from Bangkok Post and lots of other government departments, try googling 

Thai digital ID "Thailand 4.0"

An email from BitKub rejecting my new passport specifically said they could only accept Digital ID's because of Thailand 4.0 compliance