E visa problems in L.A.

Hello. once again, I am have problems with my e visa application. (Multiple entry based on marriage) I have 2 main issues. On the first page of the application you need to fill in your name. Easy. But each time I login to work on it, a different name is now in the space my name used to be. I'll work on the next page. Go back to check the first page again and yet again, a new name. I can't submit the application unless my name is there. The second issue is, they want to see the pages of my last trips to Thailand for the past year. I just got a new passport. I had to hand in my old one to get it renewed. How is this going to work? Thanks again for your advice.

Your old passport is returned to you in the US separate of your new visa so you should have it to provide the pics for the upload.  I would call them rather than email them. I believe the Foreign Ministry controls the E-visa system so you may want to contact them. I would delete your application and re-enter it new and see what happens 

• Thanks 1

During the covid times I applied with the embassy in LA (via my iPhone) for a Non Imm O based on marriage and had a long wait and no email responses to my inquiries.  Then I tried my brother's notebook and everything went through in a couple of days, maybe try a different system.

Edited by bbko
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Your old passport is returned to you in the US separate of your new visa so you should have it to provide the pics for the upload.  I would call them rather than email them. I believe the Foreign Ministry controls the E-visa system so you may want to contact them. I would delete your application and re-enter it new and see what happens 

Typed to fast. Old PP comes back to your separate of new PP. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Delete application

Turn off auto fill

Empty cashes

Restart

Download new application and complete it

There's nothing to download, its all uploads to th e-visa site.

On 8/3/2023 at 10:01 AM, Dan O said:

There's nothing to download, its all uploads to th e-visa site.

I believe the "declaration" form is downloaded for you to sign and resend to them.  But don't quote me.  I had a go around with them earlier this year for a METV.  But they were responsive and kept in contact.  For me good and not so good experience with them.

On 8/3/2023 at 9:55 PM, FarmerJoe said:

I had to hand in my old one to get it renewed.

The normal procedure - at least when you do it in person (don't know how it works when you do it by mail) - is that on delivery of your new passport that they invalidate your old passport by clipping a corner of the passport. 

That way the invalidated passport cannot be used any more for entering another country BUT the stamps inside that old old passport can still be used when required. 

In my case I applied last month for a new passport in my home-country, and I kept my old passport of which they clipped a corner on delivery of the new passport. 

My old - now invalidated - passport contains the Re-Entry Permit on which I left Thailand, and I showed that both my new passport as well as my old passport with Re-Entry Permit to Thai border immigration on re-entering Thailand and was stamped in for the Re-Entry Permit protected Permission to stay in my new Passport. 

When I visit my Thai Imm Office next time they will require me to show that old passport to do the essential stamp-transfers to my new passport.

Even after that is done I will not discard that old passport, in case Immigration at a later moment would require evidence of my Visa history status (like they are now requesting from you). 

Hope you can still recover some how your old passport.

5 hours ago, sabaiguy said:

I believe the "declaration" form is downloaded for you to sign and resend to them.  But don't quote me.  I had a go around with them earlier this year for a METV.  But they were responsive and kept in contact.  For me good and not so good experience with them.

Yes you have to download and sign the declaration and then upload again. There is no application to download though, its all done on line with uploads

4 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

The normal procedure - at least when you do it in person (don't know how it works when you do it by mail) - is that on delivery of your new passport that they invalidate your old passport by clipping a corner of the passport. 

That way the invalidated passport cannot be used any more for entering another country BUT the stamps inside that old old passport can still be used when required. 

In my case I applied last month for a new passport in my home-country, and I kept my old passport of which they clipped a corner on delivery of the new passport. 

My old - now invalidated - passport contains the Re-Entry Permit on which I left Thailand, and I showed that both my new passport as well as my old passport with Re-Entry Permit to Thai border immigration on re-entering Thailand and was stamped in for the Re-Entry Permit protected Permission to stay in my new Passport. 

When I visit my Thai Imm Office next time they will require me to show that old passport to do the essential stamp-transfers to my new passport.

Even after that is done I will not discard that old passport, in case Immigration at a later moment would require evidence of my Visa history status (like they are now requesting from you). 

Hope you can still recover some how your old passport.

They still won't pick up the phone at the L.A. consulate or answer my email. I'm going to have to go on a visa exempt and apply for a 1 year based on marriage one. Tried calling passport services with no luck as well.

26 minutes ago, FarmerJoe said:

They still won't pick up the phone at the L.A. consulate or answer my email. I'm going to have to go on a visa exempt and apply for a 1 year based on marriage one. Tried calling passport services with no luck as well.

Try using the library computer. Sounds like a glitch in your computer to me. If it works at the library just keep files on your cell phone and email them to yourself online to upload.

Old passport could be in the mail? How recently did you get the new one?

Edited by JimTripper

15 hours ago, FarmerJoe said:

What email are you using?  I found out that the main email for the consulate they are totally unresponsive (don't remember right now but could find it)  There is another email for the visa section which I used for the application.  They were responsive but still had some issues.   Never tried calling, think I knew better.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dan O said:

Yes you have to download and sign the declaration and then upload again. There is no application to download though, its all done on line with uploads

I guess when I was filling out the application it automatically down loaded the declaration form but I didn't know it.  When they instructed me to upload the declaration form I thought what declaration form?  I accidentally found the download, luckily soon and separately uploaded it.

• Like 1

I still cannot get anyone at the passport office or Thai consulate to pick up a phone or answer my emails. Can I go in on visa exempt and apply for a visa based on marriage with a new passport and no stamps from my last visits?

38 minutes ago, FarmerJoe said:

I still cannot get anyone at the passport office or Thai consulate to pick up a phone or answer my emails. Can I go in on visa exempt and apply for a visa based on marriage with a new passport and no stamps from my last visits?

If entering visa exempt, the fact that you have a new passport is irrelevant. Immigration, on entry, has access to your full immigration history. Thus, we cannot pass an opinion on whether you risk being denied a visa exemption without knowing your previous history, especially on tourist visas and visa exemptions.

6 minutes ago, BritTim said:

If entering visa exempt, the fact that you have a new passport is irrelevant. Immigration, on entry, has access to your full immigration history. Thus, we cannot pass an opinion on whether you risk being denied a visa exemption without knowing your previous history, especially on tourist visas and visa exemptions.

Thank you. on my last visit I went in on a visa exempt and switched to a 1 year visa based on marriage. I was hoping to do that again. I 'm hoping they don't need copies of my last visit, since they will not be on the new passport.

1 hour ago, FarmerJoe said:

Thank you. on my last visit I went in on a visa exempt and switched to a 1 year visa based on marriage. I was hoping to do that again. I 'm hoping they don't need copies of my last visit, since they will not be on the new passport.

There should be absolutely no problem.

• Thanks 1