Proof of payment for accommodation for the whole period of stay in Thailand

(the receipt must state the tax payer number of the relevant  hotel/accommodation)

How can I get something like this? When I book in Agoda I don't see this payer number. Actually I don't want to pay, I want to cancel this booking. It's only for this stupid requirements for the thai tourist visa in Malaysia. 

Edited by jonga80
  • Confused 1

It seems what I ask is so difficult. It's my second message about the same topic this week, this time I tried to explain easy and direct, and nobody knows about this or nobody want to answer. I know also that my english is not the best but I think is quite clear what I ask.

If they don't ask for any tax payer number it would be so easy, because in another countries thai embassies they don't ask for that, only need to show some booking in Agoda and after can cancel. But with this tax payer number I have my worries, it's really important this number? Because I don't see in the bookings this tax payer number.

Edited by jonga80

Agoda (other platforms probably the same) keeps the money until you actually stay at the property, only on this day, or maybe even later, the money gets released to the property.

Thus a hotel wouldn't issue you a payment receipt beforehand, because they didn't get the money yet.

21 minutes ago, jonga80 said:

Because I don't see in the bookings this tax payer number.

I'm guessing you are applying at KL and not Penang.

Here is a thread regarding tourist visa for Thailand from KL.

Take note post @OJAS 

If you qualify for visa exempt entry to Thailand you could consider other options.

Visa exempt entries can be extended by 30 days.

You could enter visa exempt and extension and also do a border bounce and enter again do extension

That's (30+30) + (30 + 30) 

How long do you wish to stay in Thailand? 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1267114-tr60-embassy-in-kuala-lumpur-wants-me-to-pay-my-entire-stay-up-front/

• Like 1

Hi, thanks for the replies.

It's the thai tourist visa in Penang, in Kuala Lumpur actually they ask for the same.

They ask for this payment proof with the tax payer number like one of the 6 requirements to apply for the thai visa, and it's the only one I'm worried.

I don't understand, how someone is going to pay for 60 days of some hotel if the visa may not be approved. I can understand to ask for a proof of where I'm going to stay, but a proof of payment with the tax payer number sounds weird for me. And if I sleep in the house of some friend what?

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, jonga80 said:

Hi, thanks for the replies.

It's the thai tourist visa in Penang, in Kuala Lumpur actually they ask for the same.

They ask for this payment proof with the tax payer number like one of the 6 requirements to apply for the thai visa, and it's the only one I'm worried.

I don't understand, how someone is going to pay for 60 days of some hotel if the visa may not be approved. I can understand to ask for a proof of where I'm going to stay, but a proof of payment with the tax payer number sounds weird for me. And if I sleep in the house of some friend what?

This Thai consulate is making conditions that are far too difficult.  They are being completely unreasonable. Go for a visa exempt entry (+30 day extension if needed) as Dr. Jack 54 suggests.

Edited by swerve

Hi @jonga80 I was wondering the same thing when I was applying for my 60 day TV from KL last month.

I just ended up booking the 'free cancellation' option on Agoda and printed off the e-mail receipt they provide. It even stated on it that payment was due at a later date.

No issues whatsoever.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/4/2023 at 8:12 PM, jonga80 said:

I don't understand, how someone is going to pay for 60 days of some hotel if the visa may not be approved

absolutely agree ......  is this Thai stupidity thinking again I guess .....  they really are uneducated.

who in gods name is going to pay for 60 days in a hotel in Malaysia when you don't know a damn thing about the place.  They really are crazy.

Edited by steven100
  • Confused 1