Student abandons newborn after giving birth in petrol station during field trip

snoop1130

On 8/4/2023 at 8:56 AM, steven100 said:

so the bf bangs her,  she becomes pregnant,  she doesn't tell anyone,  the bf doesn't want anything to do with it.

What a pathetic immature school girl and what a pathetic immature bf.   

Someone who is head of the family needs to sit down with both and explain the facts of life. 

aren't you the compassionate voice of reason

• Thumbs Up 1

A sad story that will hopefully have a better outcome. Poor girl must have been so desperate at such a young age. No mention of the father of girl's parents. I truly hope that the baby's welfare and the girl are offered all the support possible.

This topic has shown the true colours of caring, compassion, or not, of contributors to the comments.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, hotchilli said:

What the young girl did was totally wrong, but at the age of 12 years, carrying the burden of being secretly pregnant for nine months and then giving birth on a field trip was overwhelming. 

This girl needs support not more victimisation.

She must have been at her wits end with the whole dilemma.

Might have been raped

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2023 at 9:54 AM, brianthainess said:

There is nothing in the story to say she went full term, or more importantly how the baby is doing.

There is nothing to say that she did not or that the baby did not live.

one extra point this girl may have gotten pregnant while in pratom. It says she is 12 years old but we do not know how many months she is to it is possible that the sex happened at age 11.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/6/2023 at 4:40 AM, bignok said:

Might have been raped

or a family member or friend.  Here is something else to think about it says that she is 12 years old.  There is every possibility and likelihood counting back that she was 11 and in Pratom when the deed occurred.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

or a family member or friend.  Here is something else to think about it says that she is 12 years old.  There is every possibility and likelihood counting back that she was 11 and in Pratom when the deed occurred.

I don't believe the article stated the girl's age.  12 or 13 is the assumption based on the average age of grade 7 students.

I'm not familiar with Thai schools.  Do students ever begin a year or two late, and is it possible to fail grades or be held back?  If so, age could perhaps be 14 or 15.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoDisplayName said:

I don't believe the article stated the girl's age.  12 or 13 is the assumption based on the average age of grade 7 students.

I'm not familiar with Thai schools.  Do students ever begin a year or two late, and is it possible to fail grades or be held back?  If so, age could perhaps be 14 or 15.

No Thai schools have a no fail policy in place so the age would be 12 for a Mat 1 student usually at the begining of the year.  Hence why I stated that she may have been 11 at inception.  

• Confused 1

It's quite possible that she didn't know that she was pregnant, it seems that nobody else did. I knew a young lady, many years ago, who went to her doctor to complain of stomach pains. When he examined her he told her she was having a baby and sent her straight to hospital, where she gave birth 2 days later. She'd had no idea that she was pregnant.

She has my full sympathy.  Didnt even tell her best school friend.   I bet she has had an emotional rime the last few months.   Even women qho have regular Dr visits and know fully what's going on stress out.   I hope the baby is % 100. 

I think its obvious she isnt a 45kg girl.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, delgarcon said:

It's quite possible that she didn't know that she was pregnant, it seems that nobody else did. I knew a young lady, many years ago, who went to her doctor to complain of stomach pains. When he examined her he told her she was having a baby and sent her straight to hospital, where she gave birth 2 days later. She'd had no idea that she was pregnant.

This is in a southern province with a large muslim demographic.  Possible she was dressed in abaya and was able to conceal it.

5 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

I have thought about your post.

I came up with speculation and whataboutery.

55 minutes ago, Stocky said:

You're assuming the child had any say in the matter.

Yes. I am assuming most of the time it is not rape, but rather consensual sex. Don't have any hard facts to back that up. Just a presumption. The youth is very, very active these days. 

4 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

No Thai schools have a no fail policy in place so the age would be 12 for a Mat 1 student usually at the begining of the year.  Hence why I stated that she may have been 11 at inception.  

My son is now 19. My neighbours daughter is now 18 and is 11 months younger than my son.

They were in the same class together from P2 to M6 despite my son being born in 2004 and my neighbours daughter being born in 2005, 11 months later.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/5/2023 at 12:47 PM, steven100 said:

it does happen here more than anywhere else, let hope this is not the case with this poor girl.

If you're talking about underage girls getting pregnant it's not the case that it happens more here than anywhere else.

The countries with the highest rates of underage pregnancies are all in sub-Saharan Africa. 

Thailand's rate is around half that of several of those countries.

Screenshot_2023_0807_190236.png

• Thumbs Up 1

it does happen here more than anywhere else, let hope this is not the case with this poor girl.

If you're talking about underage girls getting pregnant it's not the case that it happens more here than anywhere else.

The countries with the highest rates of underage pregnancies are all in sub-Saharan Africa. 

The countries with the highest rates of underage pregnancies are all in sub-Saharan Africa. Thailand's rate is around half (or less) than that of several of those countries.

Screenshot_2023_0807_190236.png

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

6 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

yes but sub-Saharan Africa is far less developed than Thailand.

Please don't try to give excuses about what she did. your failing miserably ....

Edited by steven100
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, steven100 said:

yes but sub-Saharan Africa is far less developed than Thailand.

Please don't try to give excuses about what she did. your failing miserably ....

What? Giving statistics for underage pregnancy rates throughout the world has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with making excuses for anybody. 

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes. I am assuming most of the time it is not rape, but rather consensual sex. Don't have any hard facts to back that up. Just a presumption. The youth is very, very active these days. 

11/12 year old girls cannot give consent, legally it's rape who ever does it

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Did you miss the part about her being a 12 year old girl?

Are you insisting that 12 year olds do not have sex willingly? In the US, it is now very common for 12 to 15 year olds to be quite active, sexually. Why not here? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, billd766 said:

I have thought about your post.

I came up with speculation and whataboutery.

agreed but it is something to consider.

Based on timeline if she went to full term and had the baby tht is 9 months which would mean conception was in December or January while in Pratom 6.

In the scheme of things is it a big difference not that much it is still a child having a child.

Somehow we have to break the Thai taboo about talking about sex.  

Girls need to know that saying no is important they also have to learn and be able to talk to grandma or mom and have them understand.

The challenge is that adults do  not want to talk about it many families thing the school is going to do it.

The other is that they need for forget about condoms.  

The best way to stop pregnancy is birth control pills.

The sensible solution is to make them free for girls and remove any stigma.  Just because you put your daughter on the pill does not mean tht she is going to run out and have sex.

There is too much peer pressure and desire of girls to want to be loved.

That old fear that if I do not do it I will lose my boyfriend and my friends will laugh at me is huge.

• Like 1

Too much speculation in this thread. These TV topics have a way of attracting too many people who don't have a clue about the story and just make up their own version of events.

Please stay away.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1