Student abandons newborn after giving birth in petrol station during field trip

snoop1130

ปั๊ม3-696x392-1.jpg

A seventh grade student from Narathiwat gave birth in a petrol station toilet during a school outing in the southern province of Pattalung and abandoned her newborn baby girl. Officials were alerted to the case at around 9.30am today. Investigation of CCTV footage from the station led to the student being identified and located.

The incident took place at a petrol station on the up-ramp side of the Asia Highway in Bang Kaew district, Pattalung. On examination, the baby girl was found in a bin. Emergency services swiftly transferred her to the local Taho Mod Hospital.

The CCTV footage investigation revealed the mother to be a student who had travelled from Narathiwat for an school field trip. Following childbirth, the girl left the bathroom and boarded the school trip bus. Officials then traced the trip to a notable tourist location in Moo 11, Na Nod Subdistrict, Mueang, Pattalung. It was there that they located the mother of the newborn, a seven-grade student from a school in Narathiwat, reported KhaoSod.

Upon questioning a teacher, it became known that prior to the incident, information was provided by one of the student’s friends. She informed the teacher that her friend was feeling unwell and on her period. The teacher suggested that when they arrived at the petrol station, she could use the toilet and change her sanitary pad.

By Nattapong Westwood

Caption: A student gave birth in a petrol station toilet on a school field trip, abandoning the baby there without the teacher noticing. (via KhaoSod)

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/south/student-gives-birth-in-petrol-station-during-field-trip-and-leaves-newborn-in-bathroom-bin

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-08-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 10

so the bf bangs her,  she becomes pregnant,  she doesn't tell anyone,  the bf doesn't want anything to do with it.

What a pathetic immature school girl and what a pathetic immature bf.   

Someone who is head of the family needs to sit down with both and explain the facts of life. 

Edited by steven100
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 13
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, LS24 said:

A scared and confused young girl. I hope there is someone to assist her and the baby through this.

Agreed. She possibly has no idea what just happened.????

????

Edited by Lucky Bones
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Agreed. She possibly has no idea what just happened.????

????

i'm not fully convinced Lucky .... she's around 12yrs old so she's not a baby,  she knows about being pregnant obviously.  I expect she was stressed and traumatized by what happened but dumping her baby in a bin .....   that's seriously tragic and immoral,  didn't Buddhism teach her anything ..

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

What the young girl did was totally wrong, but at the age of 12 years, carrying the burden of being secretly pregnant for nine months and then giving birth on a field trip was overwhelming. 

This girl needs support not more victimisation.

She must have been at her wits end with the whole dilemma.

yes ,   I agree she does need immediate support and help .....  as Lucky Bones commented before ... where is the mother & grandparents in this story. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bbko said:

Yes cause underage girls in other countries NEVER get pregnant or are used by older men, right?

Let the Thai bashing continue.

it does happen here more than anywhere else, let hope this is not the case with this poor girl.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

And what a pathetic post from you. Not a single iota of sympathy, just condemnation.

I had thought better of you than this.

yes, i agree and apologize, I do sincerely hope she gets the love & support she needs right now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2