Pitch and putt type golf course around Jomtien

leeroy221

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any shorter pitch n putt type golf courses around Jomtien/Pattaya that also allow 14 year olds to play?

We tried the Asia Hotel one but they won't let my 14 year old play, even though he has played for a long time and is fairly good.

We did play a 9 hole course in Buri Ram which had full length holes but he is not quite ready for full size just yet.

Many thanks.

Lee

Strange that Asia Pattaya hotel won't let you play.

Royal Thai Fleet, Sattahip is a 9 hole course, play twice, right now 200 baht only, good condition. par 3, 4, 5s.

If you or your son are slow just call people through, some people don't understand and hold up the whole course

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, leeroy221 said:

but he is not quite ready for full size just yet.

Curious if he has been playing for a "long time"' why not? 

We had a guy bring his 12 year old some years ago and he played with our group on a couple of full size courses playing off the red tees. To be fair he struggled.......

Otherwise @scubascuba3 suggestion above is about the only option.

There was talk of another course pre covid somewhere off the 331 from memory which may have been par 3s but cannot really remember.

Thanks for the replies. Asia hotel say no children and that he too young.

My son has played a lot but is more used to the shorter courses and hasn't yet mastered using the driver or similar clubs, hence why the shorter pitch n putt courses are better for him.

• 3 weeks later...

TBH …the best thing that you can do is to book him a course of lessons with a Teaching Pro.

If he has been ‘playing’ for some while 18 holes should not be a problem. My wife,who plays off 18, is still capable of taking a large amount of golf course before the ball and me even more so. Lol.

Don’t worry …if you think you are holding other golfers up …let them through…..

On 8/6/2023 at 1:22 PM, bkk6060 said:

I have sent younger people on that Asia course never heard of that discrimination.  I would ask to speak to the manager that is ridiculous. 

To add, guys take their Bargirls out there who have never touched a club. Half drunk,  breasts hanging out, short shorts showing their bottoms and they cannot even hit the ball.

scenery of a different kind

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2023 at 1:59 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Good idea, this is another alternative, mostly par 3s, golf Kwan, about 100 baht for 9

https://maps.app.goo.gl/6ZLupfz8iTxHkMaH9

Kwan is 260 baht for 18 holes, assume 130 for 9

Add 20 baht for a bag trolley, or 150 each to have a cart.

3 or 4 holes around 180 yards, a few ditches and one you have to go over a small pond.

Very friendly owners