Pattaya Traffic Police Crack Down on Arab Groups

webfact

4 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

Wait, wait, wait....I thought the retired expats were the most dangerous group in Pattaya and Thailand.?  

Temporarily let off the hook for while, until the empty vessel Anutin gets his feet under the table again.  

3 hours ago, Jiggo said:

Force feed them Sausage Sandwiches of the pork variety.

I had a very nice bacon sandwich last Friday. I can really recommend them also. Nothing like learning a lesson.

I would imagine most of these kids come feom wealthy families and these kids are not hurt by 2000 baht fine at all.   Feo6m what i see  on YouTube and IG crazy mods to amazingly expensive cars is quite popular in arab countries. 

I wonder if the ip put in the part about cracking down on one race  or did the police officials d6ay that?  Should just be a blanket crack down on this type of problem even if it's a solo bike or car.   And we need the same in USA.  What di you expect people to do when they are selling these stock cars that sound like a nascar. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

Most British people. You've done your research then. It's a well known fact, most people in the world hate British people. Agreed? Oh, and another of my favourites, the vast majority of people agree with me. So there.

I'm just telling you the facts, if you don't like them that is up to you, I don't doubt there are plenty of people who hate the british . maybe even "most people in the world " as you childishly put it, To be honest I could not care less. Ihe fact remains most british people do not like arabs, what's more most non arabs aren't too keen on them either, why does that make you uncomfortable?

I don't see them getting much support on here either, do you?

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Shop mak said:

A group of them on third road last night 11 pm. Very young, maybe 18-20. To call them men, is a far stretch.

Revving their PCX small motorcycles, on red light, shouting  and laughing.

Police, nowhere to be seen, as usual.

I miss the old sign in almost every bar a while back that read:

”No Arab to sit down here drinking alcohol and molesting women. We respect your belief in Islam. So efforf. “

9 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I'm just telling you the facts, if you don't like them that is up to you, I don't doubt there are plenty of people who hate the british . maybe even "most people in the world " as you childishly put it, To be honest I could not care less. Ihe fact remains most british people do not like arabs, what's more most non arabs aren't too keen on them either, why does that make you uncomfortable?

I don't see them getting much support on here either, do you?

You're not telling me facts. You're giving me your opinion. That's not the same at all. If you were offered £100 million to go and play football in Saudi Arabia, would you take it? Bearing in mind how much you dislike Islam and Arabs?

• Love It 2

5 hours ago, kentrot said:

I recall seeing this sign in bars in Pattaya 25 years ago ... so the problem (although not exactly the same) persists !

File:Anti Arab sign in Pattaya Beach Thailand.jpg ...

That was in the "Up 2 U " bar on Walking street as I remember about 25 years ago as you say.

Edited by findlay13
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, bradiston said:

You're not telling me facts. You're giving me your opinion. That's not the same at all. If you were offered £100 million to go and play football in Saudi Arabia, would you take it? Bearing in mind how much you dislike Islam and Arabs?

Who mentioned Islam?    anyway what a ridiculous question, I would have no problem taking the money, doesn't mean I have to like  like them at all . have you forgotten  about all the allegedly  woke (and hypocritical) sports people  that did not hesitate to capitalise on the recent world cup despite the arabs views on gays etc. Was that just because they liked arabs so much they were prepared  to overlook their personal but publicly stated principles and run over there? or something to do with money?

I have spent my entire working life earning a lot less than that whilst working for people I dislike just as much as arabs

Most british people do not like them , anymore questions?

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, findlay13 said:

That was in the "Up 2 U " bar on Walking street as I remember about 25 years ago as you say.

I knew a couple of girls who used to have little plastic pigs that they would put on the bar or table where they were sitting to keep the arabs at a distance, even most bar girls dislike them

48 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Who mentioned Islam?    anyway what a ridiculous question, I would have no problem taking the money, doesn't mean I have to like  like them at all . have you forgotten  about all the allegedly  woke (and hypocritical) sports people  that did not hesitate to capitalise on the recent world cup despite the arabs views on gays etc. Was that just because they liked arabs so much they were prepared  to overlook their personal but publicly stated principles and run over there? or something to do with money?

I have spent my entire working life earning a lot less than that whilst working for people I dislike just as much as arabs

Most british people do not like them , anymore questions?

I'm British. I find your baseless claim completely outrageous. You're like Josef Goebbels, stirring up racial hatred. Most Germans hate Jews? Yeah, that's about the level of it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Are they so tone deaf they don’t see anything racist in their “targeting”?

the offense requires policing, the nationality of the offender is irrelevant.

It very relevant if it’s always the same nationality. 

21 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I'm British. I find your baseless claim completely outrageous. You're like Josef Goebbels, stirring up racial hatred. Most Germans hate Jews? Yeah, that's about the level of it.

Its irrelevant where you come from, I  didn't mention Islam as you earlier claimed , and I have not been stirring up "racial hatred" either, I simply said most british people do not particularly like arabs. You may not be comfortable with that, having met a few in a "spa",  but to deny it is pointless. I am completely ambivalent about it.

Now you  likening me to Goebbels !!    well at least its an attempt at a variation on the  predictable left wing insult 

people cannot be forced to like anybody or anything, you yourself expressed a dislike for americans, but i'm betting you only meant the white straight male members of the population,  You wouldn't  want to be seen publicly expressing an honest  dislike of any of the others would you?  That would not go down too well with your fellow guardian readers

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Are they so tone deaf they don’t see anything racist in their “targeting”?

the offense requires policing, the nationality of the offender is irrelevant.

They probably simply don't care.  I doubt it even occurs to them that they are being racist.  I doubt many Thais are going to be bothered about it either.

To do this to foreigners, but not to Thais doing exactly the same thing, is simply normal.  They aren't Thais, so this behaviour is not tolerated.

7 hours ago, tmd5855 said:

Many of the Muslims I worked with (Arab/Iranian/Indonesian) loved bacon butties and alcohol, saying when they married they would settle and be pious

Did you ever get to know a religious person well who wasn't a secret hypocrite?  They seem to be the exception rather than the rule.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Its irrelevant where you come from, I  didn't mention Islam as you earlier claimed , and I have not been stirring up "racial hatred" either, I simply said most british people do not particularly like arabs. You may not be comfortable with that, having met a few in a "spa",  but to deny it is pointless. I am completely ambivalent about it.

Now you  likening me to Goebbels !!    well at least its an attempt at a variation on the  predictable left wing insult 

people cannot be forced to like anybody or anything, you yourself expressed a dislike for americans, but i'm betting you only meant the white straight male members of the population,  You wouldn't  want to be seen publicly expressing an honest  dislike of any of the others would you?  That would not go down too well with your fellow guardian readers

I haven't read the Guardian in 50 years. The trouble with the anti woke crowd is they're really just a bunch of neo Nazis. How else would you describe them? Normal? People sit back and nod and go along with the constant belittling of minorities, people who can't fight back. Like when you say "It's a fact. Most British don't like Arabs". Yeah, sounds harmless enough doesn't it? It's just simply unprovable. So it gets let go. But it legitimises not liking Arabs. Suddenly, it's the norm. Most people agree. It must be normal. So what?

It's mass manipulation. Those kinds of attitudes get absorbed into mainstream thinking, into kids' education, into the police, into institutions that are supposed to guard against bigotry and extremism.

8 hours ago, stoner said:

bang on. imagine if this happened in a western country and they said they were going to crack down on asians or blacks etc. the outrage and frothing would be huge. 

and that's why Western countries have problems with ethnic unrest and violence. The white man may still learn one day.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I haven't read the Guardian in 50 years. The trouble with the anti woke crowd is they're really just a bunch of neo Nazis. How else would you describe them? Normal? People sit back and nod and go along with the constant belittling of minorities, people who can't fight back. Like when you say "It's a fact. Most British don't like Arabs". Yeah, sounds harmless enough doesn't it? It's just simply unprovable. So it gets let go. But it legitimises not liking Arabs. Suddenly, it's the norm. Most people agree. It must be normal. So what?

It's mass manipulation. Those kinds of attitudes get absorbed into mainstream thinking, into kids' education, into the police, into institutions that are supposed to guard against bigotry and extremism.

So arabs are now a belittled minority?  is that even true? , and those people who got their heads cut off for upsetting them were neo nazi's? who deserved what they got?   

Oh and the old racist police thing, the police are not racists, at least not anymore, and haven't been for a long time, they dislike everybody,  except their fellow officers, the fact that there is a disproportionate number of "colourful minorities" in prison is a testament to those minorities propensity to commit crime and evidence of their ineptitude at it

You may be comfortable with some of the stuff kids are exposed to in school these days, I certainly am not, and I think you will also find that , again. this is true of the majority I personally have never heard of any school in the UK promoting an anti arab agenda, and neither have you so stop making things up

Bigotry and extremism are not the sole preserves of any particular group or race

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ezzra said:

First, they are not tourist, second you can not 'educate' hooligans, you can however teach them a lesson and hit them hard where it hurts, the pockets, and last but not least, stop motorcycles rental shops renting from renting m/cycles to Arab youth.

Oh right, you're whining about another "group" when your "group" does the same thing.
Never see any western idiots revving their engines to show what big men they are?  Then  you're wearing blinders.  
Psst, your racism is showing.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I heard the same comment from Arab Muslims, referring to Asian Muslims like Malaysian, Indonesian. Once from a guy who liked to present himself as particularly pious (nice guy in most ways). Struck me as not his decision, and somewhat xenophobic. 

Funny, I hear the same thing about x christians, y christians, z christians.

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

So arabs are now a belittled minority?  is that even true? , and those people who got their heads cut off for upsetting them were neo nazi's? who deserved what they got?   

Oh and the old racist police thing, the police are not racists, at least not anymore, and haven't been for a long time, they dislike everybody,  except their fellow officers, the fact that there is a disproportionate number of "colourful minorities" in prison is a testament to those minorities propensity to commit crime and evidence of their ineptitude at it

You may be comfortable with some of the stuff kids are exposed to in school these days, I certainly am not, and I think you will also find that , again. this is true of the majority I personally have never heard of any school in the UK promoting an anti arab agenda, and neither have you so stop making things up

Bigotry and extremism are not the sole preserves of any particular group or race

Stop making things up? The whole of this conversation is about you making things up. Most British don't like Arabs! It's a complete fiction. It's a sloppy gross generalisation. But you call it a fact. The only fact is, YOU don't like them. And to feel more secure in yourself, you've decided that most Brits agree with you.

What's this thing you have with feeling comfortable? Is that left over from analysis? Or listen with mother? Are you feeling comfortable? Then I'll begin.

Edited by bradiston