Triple tragedy: Thai taxi rider’s deadly ride ends in condo chaos

webfact

image.jpeg

A Thai motorcycle taxi rider murdered three victims at a condominium in Bangkok last night before taking his own life in front of the building. One victim survived despite being shot by the murderer. The grim sequence of events took place at a condo in the Lak Si district last night.

Responding promptly to the distress call, Tung Song Hong Police Station officers arrived at the scene, located within Soi Chang Watatana 6, around 8pm yesterday. The incident had transpired both at the condo and a nearby market.

At the market, officers were confronted with a grievously injured woman, identified as 59 year old Sopha Chansoda, found in a lottery shop. Suffering from a gunshot wound to the head, she was swiftly transported to a hospital for medical attention.

Eyewitnesses recounted the harrowing tale of the assailant, 54 year old Somchai Kaewkomol, who happened to be Sopha’s son-in-law. After the initial attack at the market, Somchai fled to a neighbouring condo which he once shared with his girlfriend and stepchildren.

Photo of Petch Petpail

Photo via ThaiRath

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/triple-tragedy-thai-taxi-riders-deadly-ride-ends-in-condo-chaos

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-08-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 5

55 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Just today's tale of a spurned Thai male not taking rejection well. There was one yesterday, there'll another tomorrow and another the day after that.

I just don't get it, they see this as some sort of solution... 

3 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I just don't get it, they see this as some sort of solution... 

I don't think they see it as a solution. I think that, often, they see it as revenge for making them lose face. Stage two thinking, that it will result in them losing even more face by spending years in jail, is way beyond their capabilities.

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

I rarely read of it happening in my native UK. Certainly not on a daily basis. What about your country?

In the UK it's usually a civilized wife beating (guns are hard to come by) but apart from that there are the indiscriminate stabbings on the street which one doesn't seem to get in Thailand. Jealousy is a human emotion that even Brits experience.

9 hours ago, soalbundy said:

In the UK it's usually a civilized wife beating (guns are hard to come by) but apart from that there are the indiscriminate stabbings on the street which one doesn't seem to get in Thailand. Jealousy is a human emotion that even Brits experience.

Street stabbings in the UK are not indiscriminate but almost always linked to black gang wars. But it isn't PC to say so. Most of the few black people in Thailand appear to restrict themselves to 'substance retail activities' around lower Sukhumvit and there are none of the gangs that exist in the UK. That is why you don't get street stabbings. Gangs in Thailand are largely confined to students from rival colleges trying to kill each other. As for wives beating husbands in the UK, how many result in murder, as jealous male action does on a daily basis in Thailand? There is no comparison.