advise on last will

thaisabai

each to his own

however when youre healthy things are always good

unfortunately life does not always make things even for us

I have many people that dont care about what happens to them and that they dont have any money to live on. They live or exist on small money hoping like a backpacker to stay longer in Thailand

Many funerals I have done where there is no one to mourn, no friends, no relatives, not partners and its a sad event

leaving others to pay and pick up the pieces is not good - but each to his own

All i wish for is people plan and not be like the 3 little pigs and party until the big storm comes = then they have nothing

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

One thing I managed to get perfectly done was the Thai Wills and Living Wills for my wife and me. From a trustworthy, competent sympathetic and even very reasonable small company.

@moogradod 

I've copy-pasted your excellent comment from a topic in a different forum: (page 75 of the topic entitled "Thai government to tax all income from abroad for tax residents starting 2024").  I'd like to respond here in this topic which is a discussion of Wills in Thailand.

I assume the small company to which you refer is a law office in the area of BKK.  Your review of their success in providing perfect Wills for you and your wife impresses me.  I would like to consult with them about getting a perfectly done Thai Will for myself.  Would you share details about the name and location of this company?  I, and possibly several other followers of this thread, would be extremely grateful.

11 minutes ago, pablo el sueco said:

@moogradod 

I've copy-pasted your excellent comment from a topic in a different forum: (page 75 of the topic entitled "Thai government to tax all income from abroad for tax residents starting 2024").  I'd like to respond here in this topic which is a discussion of Wills in Thailand.

I assume the small company to which you refer is a law office in the area of BKK.  Your review of their success in providing perfect Wills for you and your wife impresses me.  I would like to consult with them about getting a perfectly done Thai Will for myself.  Would you share details about the name and location of this company?  I, and possibly several other followers of this thread, would be extremely grateful.

This law office is in Pattaya. We live in Chonburi. Per forum rules I am not allowed to publish company names, telephone numbers etc. (probably because of marketing reasons) on the forum.

But I can send you a PM if you are still interested even if it is in Pattaya. Just tell me. But you would have to wait a few days since I do not have this data with me where I am sitting right now. We are preparing the move to a new house. But I would not forget it (if you are still interested). They are really professional but are rather active in the local environment here (incl. court etc.). Unfortunately I have no experience with anybody specialized in BKK.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moogradod said:

This law office is in Pattaya. We live in Chonburi. Per forum rules I am not allowed to publish company names, telephone numbers etc. (probably because of marketing reasons) on the forum.

But I can send you a PM if you are still interested even if it is in Pattaya. Just tell me. But you would have to wait a few days since I do not have this data with me where I am sitting right now. We are preparing the move to a new house. But I would not forget it (if you are still interested). They are really professional but are rather active in the local environment here (incl. court etc.). Unfortunately I have no experience with anybody specialized in BKK.

Thanks for your response.   I won't trouble you any further as I am looking for assistance closer to BKK.  Best wishes to you on your upcoming move. 

On 10/8/2023 at 3:19 PM, moogradod said:

Per forum rules I am not allowed to publish company names, telephone numbers etc. (probably because of marketing reasons) on the forum.

I don't understand your response.

Posters regularly publish names and phone numbers of A/C suppliers/servicing etc. I have, and others, posted details of a lawyer in Pattaya for notarising documents several times in the past.

If you have found what you consider to be a good rec for a legal service than please potentially help many others by posting here.

If for some reason forum rules have changed that much I am sure a mod will come along and correct.....( @blackcab ?) 

1 hour ago, topt said:

If for some reason forum rules have changed that much I am sure a mod will come along and correct.....( @blackcab ?) 

It's OK for a member to give a genuine recommendation to another member,  after all this forum is about members helping other members. It's also OK to include contact details.

What isn't allowed is self-promotion/commercial advertising (usually posted by the business themselves).

Every case is different, but it's usually easy for the staff to tell a helpful recommendation from an unpaid advert.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, topt said:

If you have found what you consider to be a good rec for a legal service than please potentially help many others by posting here.

And here it is:

Thai888 Law Company Pattaya

View Talay Building 5D Office Number 10 & 12, Ground Floor Thappraya Road, Jomtien, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi Thailand 20150

Tel: Jeab 08 6376 0527 Thai & English

Kelvin ++ 66 (0)8 0102 8978 English

International FAX: 038075543

Email: [email protected] www.thai888.com

I had as well recommended this company to a friend of mine, and he came back delighted. Dont be put off by the building and place - they refrain from representative decor - instead they are experienced and professional and produce superb results. We are more than happy with them.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, topt said:

So can you post details please?

I gave you the contact details as requested. Call them up or visit them. I suppose you do not want me to post a transscript of our wills and living wills - but if I recommend them please take it as that. You may call me bugger if you do not like what you get from them.

6 minutes ago, topt said:

Not in this thread unless I need glasses again?

I had posted the full details and now they are gone. Before it was published it showed a message like "....needs approval ...". Maybe my post was deleted but I did not get any message that this would be so - because of that I try again in the next post. If someone does not approve what I post, then pls. give me a short message.

• Thanks 2

I give up. My post is now two times displayed but maybe only for me for it says "hidden" in the upper corner. If anybody is interested I could give them a PM if this would be allowed (I dont know - any admin please advise - I would like to benefit the community but only if I am allowed to.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, moogradod said:

I give up. My post is now two times displayed but maybe only for me for it says "hidden" in the upper corner. If anybody is interested I could give them a PM if this would be allowed (I dont know - any admin please advise - I would like to benefit the community but only if I am allowed to.

Posts that contain email addresses are held for manual review by the moderation team. The post is now visible.

45 minutes ago, moogradod said:

And here it is:

Thank you for persevering trying to post the detailed contact info - I saw it for a second before it was removed......

It is good to have had a rec for that company as some of the early posts in this thread were from someone who works for them...........think a card game........:whistling: