Why i like Thailand

bignok

11 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

This has, however, improved recently. Hopefully the improvement will continue, and will bring things nearer to how they were all those years ago.

a taxi driver almost ran me over and flipped me off at a zebra crossing yesterday, calling me a bird poo foreigner,

no improvement of the thais attitude towards foreigners on my end.....

Edited by bob smith
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, bob smith said:

a taxi driver almost ran me over and flipped me off at a zebra crossing yesterday, calling me a bird poo foreigner,

You didnt buy him kfc

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Helps if you get away from the tourist spots, where some of the locals are jaded. 

they should leave their jaded attitudes at home when they come to work.

no tourists = no money

no money = no honey. 

respect the tourists or get in the fish heads and rice queue with the rest of the jaded jobless.

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, bob smith said:

they should leave their jaded attitudes at home when they come to work.

no tourists = no money

no money = no honey. 

respect the tourists or get in the fish heads and rice queue with the rest of the jaded jobless.

People are friendly to me. Maybe its your angry face?

55 minutes ago, bob smith said:

What did you do to make him angry? 

10 minutes ago, bignok said:

People are friendly to me. Maybe its your angry face?

There's definitely a facet of this in most interactions we undertake daily.

Enter the fray with an open mind and friendly attitude and the interaction is more often than not pleasant and things work out favourably. 

Carry an air superiority or some form of judgement, present impressions of negativity and we can find ourself facing an uphill battle. 

Some folks just make life harder for themselves while others have a naturally easier stroll through level playing fields. 

Interactions just work out more favourable when approached in a relaxed manner, people, Thai's included subconsciously pickup on negativity and subconsciously respond in kind.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

i did. i was at a zebra crossing and he didnt stop.

hardly my fault is it?

In fairness Bob... you are correct...  not your fault at all, especially as you were at a pedestrian crossing... However, Bignok is correct..... and you've been here long enough to know that Western rules don't apply here...  There's no point being 'dead right'... 

Treat pedestrian crossings as if they don't exist, even when they do. 

--------

I was crossing with my son, vehicles stopped then a taxi driver burned through the crossing...  I shouted... Taxi stopped got out, he clearly thought about fighting me. 

I found myself in a very stupid situation with a 5 year old by my side and a taxi driver about to try and fight me.... fortunately the taxi driver got back in his car and drove off.

My takeaway from that is that the taxi driver was an utter ay-hole... and is by no means an example of the average Thai around me. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Why would he be asking with a wife he claims is a 9/10?????????????    seems odd....but then im thinking in terms of reality..

Bob has a 9/10 wife? He said she was fat.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidjameson said:

Im 55 and in the UK living off my modest savings I feel I'm in the 3rd class carriage of life. In Thailand I feel like I'm riding 2nd class. And occasionally allowed into the 1st class dining area.

THIS!!! i go home to make money and when i reach my budget i return to LOS to stretch it...

more bang for my baht so to speak and a better quality of life then compared to the country with the daily mass shootings--political bickering and the orange swamp thing  still roams and terrorizes idiots who believe in bigfoot

• Like 1