Retirement Visa Renewal @CW

Hi

I will be changing accommodation before my annual renewal.  Will I need to provide a copy of the new rental agreement, owners Tabian and ID card?

Question is specific to CW.

Can anyone help provide a recent link to a posting for Annual Renewal (800k) at CW.

Thanks 

Map to residence is all I ever provided at CW until they insisted on a TM30 being on file a few years ago - since then provide that receipt, map to residence and TM47 receipt.

10 minutes ago, Captor said:

Is this about visa or extension? Is it possible to get a visa when already in Thailand? Or is it an extension the op is talking about?

Annual renewal at CW would be extension of stay.

25 minutes ago, Captor said:

Is this about visa or extension? Is it possible to get a visa when already in Thailand? Or is it an extension the op is talking about?

OP is asking about 12 month extensions retirement.

As for obtain a non O (retirement) Visa?... yes that is possible you can do a "conversion" from tourist visa or visa exempt using TM86 and TM87 respectively.

You would require 15+ days remaining on your current permission of stay.

Longer at some offices..

Current thread running on that process if required

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP is asking about 12 month extensions retirement.

As for obtain a non O retirement Visa yes that is possible you can do a "conversion" from tourist visa or visa exempt using TM86 and TM87 respectively.

I see. I did not know that about conversion. Thank you very much for the info.

21 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Map to residence is all I ever provided at CW until they insisted on a TM30 being on file a few years ago - since then provide that receipt, map to residence and TM47 receipt.

Annual renewal at CW would be extension of stay.

Thanks,

2 hours ago, Captor said:

In this case, there is no ambiguity. He is referring to an extension of his permission to stay.

There are circumstances where you can apply for a visa in Thailand. A common example is that after entering Thailand visa exempt, you can apply for a Non O visa (intending retirement) at an immigration office using form TM87.

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

In this case, there is no ambiguity. He is referring to an extension of his permission to stay.

There are circumstances where you can apply for a visa in Thailand. A common example is that after entering Thailand visa exempt, you can apply for a Non O visa (intending retirement) at an immigration office using form TM87.

OK, thank you. So normally the common rule is when applying for a visa that is to be made on an embassy or consul outside Thailand and only applying for an extension will be done at an Immgration inside Thailand? Sorry for my question but I am getting confused when people here asks questions about applying for visas at Immigration inside Thailand. They are simply using the wrong name most of the time?

5 minutes ago, Captor said:

They are simply using the wrong name most of the time?

Yes - but best not to point it out if you can understand - but the issue is often use of wrong term results in wrong answers - so at times further explanation is required.

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

Yes - but best not to point it out if you can understand - but the issue is often use of wrong term results in wrong answers - so at times further explanation is required.

OK thanks????

10 minutes ago, Captor said:

OK, thank you. So normally the common rule is when applying for a visa that is to be made on an embassy or consul outside Thailand and only applying for an extension will be done at an Immgration inside Thailand? Sorry for my question but I am getting confused when people here asks questions about applying for visas at Immigration inside Thailand. They are simply using the wrong name most of the time?

Your understanding is correct. Commonly, visas are applied for outside Thailand, and extensions inside Thailand are of your permission to stay, not your "visa". In many cases, the use of the word "visa" to refer to any stamp in your passport is confusing, and leads to misunderstandings.

2 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Your understanding is correct. Commonly, visas are applied for outside Thailand, and extensions inside Thailand are of your permission to stay, not your "visa". In many cases, the use of the word "visa" to refer to any stamp in your passport is confusing, and leads to misunderstandings.

Exactly, it makes at least my life harder, when I follow and try to understand the topics in here at aseannow. I think if the correct words would be used it would increase the understanding in this visa/extension jungle that is complicated enough anyway.