Question about 90 day notice

Hi all,

I've just gotten a notice from Chiang Mai immigration saying that my (online) TM47 has arrived too early, but I kind of want to get some input from all of you.

My report was originally due on August 7 (I'm on a retirement visa, BTW), but my wife and I left the country for a month, this summer and returned to Thailand on 17 June (using a re-entry permit). I have it in my head that the old due date still holds - Aug 7 - but the notice I got said to start counting 90 days from the date of my most recent entry, which would put me into mid-September.

I just want to make sure this info is correct, and I can comfortably wait until September? 

I realize it is probably silly to question the word of the Thai immigration officer who processed the application, but I am a bit worried about getting fined if I wait (my wife, on a volunteer visa, is facing the same question, and so I'm really worried about getting double-fined!).

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide - everybody here has been wonderful in clearly answering my questions in the past, and I am so grateful.

It is not silly to question what immigration officials tell you, but in this case the information is correct. The 90-day report is needed when you spend 90 consecutive days in Thailand. For that reason, when you re-enter Thailand, the clock is reset.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm surprised that now the OP has had his answer, on which there can be no debate, you haven't also instructed that the thread now be closed!

That is actually a good suggestion.

CLOSED

• Haha 1