Question Regarding 90 Day Report and New Passport

I stay in Thailand on a Thai Elite 5 Year Visa and this type of Visa serves my needs perfectly.

I have recently renewed my British Passport and this will be collected at VFS in Bangkok on the 15th August and I am planning to get my latest Visa Extension Stamp in my old Passport transfered to my New Passport on the 29th August at Udonthani Immigration.

On the 20th September I have booked an appointment at Chang Wattana through Thai Elite to get my new Thai Elite 5 Year Visa put in my New Passport as my local Immigration Office is unable to do this.

My next 90 Day Report is due 16 September and my question is when you get a New Passport does the 90 Day Report from the old Passport also follow the New Passport; or will I get a new 90 Day Report when I get my latest Visa Extension Stamp in my old Passport transfered to my New Passport on the 29th August at Udonthani Immigration.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

The 90-day report should be done within the normal timeframe using your new passport (the one that is active). The fact that some stamps remain in the old passport does not affect the passport under which you are legally in Thailand.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vibration said:

I stay in Thailand on a Thai Elite 5 Year Visa and this type of Visa serves my needs perfectly.

I have recently renewed my British Passport and this will be collected at VFS in Bangkok on the 15th August and I am planning to get my latest Visa Extension Stamp in my old Passport transfered to my New Passport on the 29th August at Udonthani Immigration.

On the 20th September I have booked an appointment at Chang Wattana through Thai Elite to get my new Thai Elite 5 Year Visa put in my New Passport as my local Immigration Office is unable to do this.

My next 90 Day Report is due 16 September and my question is when you get a New Passport does the 90 Day Report from the old Passport also follow the New Passport; or will I get a new 90 Day Report when I get my latest Visa Extension Stamp in my old Passport transfered to my New Passport on the 29th August at Udonthani Immigration.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

If you have Thai Elite entrance do they not handle all this paperwork and red tape for you ?

I'm wondering the same thing, also wondering if the TM30 needs to be updated. The reason I wonder about this, is that the barcode on the 90 day includes the old passport number, and the TM30 shows the old passport number as well (next to my name). My new Passport just came in today, so within the next week I'll make a trip to Nonthaburi Immigration and find out what they require when I get the stamps moved to my new passport.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

I'm wondering the same thing, also wondering if the TM30 needs to be updated. The reason I wonder about this, is that the barcode on the 90 day includes the old passport number, and the TM30 shows the old passport number as well (next to my name). My new Passport just came in today, so within the next week I'll make a trip to Nonthaburi Immigration and find out what they require when I get the stamps moved to my new passport.

The TM30 has nothing to do with with op situation or TM47 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

TM47 is the 90 day report, which is exactly what the OP was asking about.

Go back and read my post SLOWLY.

The TM30 has nothing to do with with the TM47 requirements.

The OP was asking about 90 day report. 

TM30 is unrelated. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Go back and read my post SLOWLY.

The OP was asking about 90 day report. 

TM30 is unrelated. 

I'm bringing it up with the 90 day, because they both are related to an issue with a new passport number. If you just want to slam people on here, which is something I keep seeing from you, then do us both a favor.....and ignore my messages and find another victim.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, lordgrinz said:

I'm bringing it up with the 90 day, because they both are related to an issue with a new passport number. If you just want to slam people on here, which is something I keep seeing from you, then do us both a favor.....and ignore my messages and find another victim.

Will do now re ignore. 

FYI : I have been in Thailand for some time (10 years+) on extensions from a non O retirement.

I have NEVER done a TM30.

I'm very aware of what TM30 requirements are. 

Read post from BritTim prior to your post.

Did he mention TM30.

No. 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Will do now re ignore. 

FYI : I have been in Thailand for some time (10 years+) on extensions from a non O retirement.

Did he mention TM30.

No. 

I've been forced to do 3 of them, while living in the same place, and I've been here 7 years on Marriage Extensions......Will do the same for you re ignore....Thank You ????

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

I've been forced to do 3 of them, while living in the same place, and I've been here 7 years on Marriage Extensions......Will do the same for you re ignore....Thank You ????

So extensions marriage same address and immigration have required three TM30. 

Which immigration office would that be as I have never read a similar  post. 

It's best to post genuine information to assist others. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Sad 2

20 hours ago, BritTim said:

The 90-day report should be done within the normal timeframe using your new passport (the one that is active). The fact that some stamps remain in the old passport does not affect the passport under which you are legally in Thailand.

After getting a new passport (stamps already been transferred at CW) is it required to make the next 90 day report in person? Previously reports have been done by mail and then online. 

58 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

After getting a new passport (stamps already been transferred at CW) is it required to make the next 90 day report in person? Previously reports have been done by mail and then online. 

I expect the first 90-day report with the new passport will need to be done in person. The online system does not seem to have all the information necessary to support doing the report that way.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, BritTim said:

I expect the first 90-day report with the new passport will need to be done in person. The online system does not seem to have all the information necessary to support doing the report that way.

Is this also true for mailed in reports after a new passport? I'd been doing these for about 7 or 8 years, though always using the same passport. I never remember doing an in person visit to immigration for the 90 day, I'm sure I just started mailing them in. 

23 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Next report in person (90 day report info page confirms this) and new passport number requires new TM30 (filed before new 90 day report)..

On 8/9/2023 at 10:49 PM, DrJack54 said:

Will do now re ignore. 

Did he mention TM30.

No. 

Bully for you, you keep on posting this, and if anyone pays attention they are likely as not to have a wasted journey if a hard copy TM30 is requested and they don't have one - particularly with a change of passport number which as far as I can tell was what required me to do a TM30 before I could do a new 90 day report.

I had a TM30 filed when there was the TM30 enforcement in when? 2018? and was never asked for hard copy  until I changed passports ahead of my 90 day report and then was asked for it again when I did my extension a few weeks later (CW).

On 8/9/2023 at 10:35 PM, DrJack54 said:

The TM30 has everything to do with TM47 (90 day report) because they need to see a TM30 on file before they will allow a 90 day to be filed.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2023 at 10:09 PM, lordgrinz said:

also wondering if the TM30 needs to be updated. The reason I wonder about this, is that the barcode on the 90 day includes the old passport number, and the TM30 shows the old passport number as well (next to my name).

I had to refile TM30 after new passport before I could do 90 day. I suspect it was the change in passport number that triggered this.

Edited by mokwit

3 minutes ago, mokwit said:

The TM30 has everything to do with TM47 (90 day report) because they need to see a TM30 on file before they will allow a 90 day to be filed.

Been in Thailand 10 years on non O extensions retirement.

I have never done a TM30 for any extension, certificate of residence, TDL, New passport etc 

Edited by DrJack54

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Been in Thailand 10 years on non O extensions retirement.

I have never done a TM30 for any extension, certificate of residence, TDL, New passport etc 

I am sure that is true, but it is an atypical situation and people would be well advised to have done their TM30 especially in a situation where it seems it is always required - new passport and new TM30 and that is what we are talking about here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mokwit said:

new passport and new TM30 and that is what we are talking about here.

Whatever.

I'm dealing with CW .

I did not provide TM30 when I had stamps and visa info transfered.

Along with all the other things I mentioned in earlier post.

COR, TDL, annual EXTENSIONS etc

22 hours ago, BritTim said:

Almost certainly. If you renew your passport in Thailand the chain gets broken as the 90 days relates to an entry, which would have been done using the old passport.

The online system would have no way of connecting the 2 passports.

If you enter the country on a new passport there shouldn't be a problem doing the first 90 day online, will get a definitive answer to that one at the end of the year.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Whatever.

I'm dealing with CW .

Along with all the other things I mentioned in earlier post.

COR, TDL, annual EXTENSIONS etc

Good luck next year. Remember not to do it as you don't need it. Hope you don't have a wasted journey as many will if they assume your experience is typical.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Your wording sounds like you are talking about doing the 90 days in person and what you say may well be true at some offices.

As far as the online system is concerned I would be surprised if it cross checks the passport numbers against TM30s. It is not out of the question but a questionable exercise in database linking and TM30s are not actually from the passport holder.

The TM 30 in  my passport is from 2015 and had many different visas and trips abroad since then. When I have done a 90 day in person they have just glanced through the passport noting what is stapled inside.

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

How recent was this? - nobody required a TM30 for anything until a few years ago. there wasn't even a desk at CW where you could file one if you wanted to [apparently].  If it was before the TM30 clampdown, then why are you sharing this info?. It is misleading to others. If after, fair enough.

2 minutes ago, sandyf said:

TM30s are not actually from the passport holder.

They have the passport number as a requirement.

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/#

The online service do NOT support if:
– There have been a change of new passport.
The foreigner have to make the notification in person or authorizes another person to make the notification at the immigration office located in the locality in which the foreigner have taken residence. After that, the foreigner can make the next 90 days notification by online service.

5 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Is this also true for mailed in reports after a new passport? I'd been doing these for about 7 or 8 years, though always using the same passport. I never remember doing an in person visit to immigration for the 90 day, I'm sure I just started mailing them in. 

If you include photocopies of the stamps in the new passport that show the new passport supersedes the old one, alongside the normal information, I would guess the mailed in report would be accepted (but no guarantees).

2 hours ago, Peabody said:

When one does a 1-year extension of the 1st non-immi O visa, does that reset the 90-day clock? I.e, starts again on day 1 of 1-year extension? 

Yes. The first on-year extension of a Non Immigrant entry is treated as concurrent with a 90-day report. That is not automatically true for subsequent one-year extensions.

• Thumbs Up 1