Bangkok Chiropractors

Fairynuff

Over the years I’ve tried 3 or 4 different Chiropractors, mostly North American, one was Thai. I found them all pretty useless. Treatment was mostly using machines and massage rather than manipulation and adjustment. So I’m looking for recommendations for a real chiropractor in Bangkok.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

Over the years I’ve tried 3 or 4 different Chiropractors, mostly North American, one was Thai. I found them all pretty useless. Treatment was mostly using machines and massage rather than manipulation and adjustment. So I’m looking for recommendations for a real chiropractor in Bangkok.

Try an Osteopath. Different techniques. Chiros are quacks imo

10 minutes ago, bignok said:

Try an Osteopath. Different techniques. Chiros are quacks imo

Some definitely are quacks but I’ve tried osteos ( back home not here) and had similar experiences. The only truly great osteo I knew has retired.

I have used chiropractors all my life in the U.S. and didn't know the chiropractors in Bangkok didn't use manipulation and adjustments which, in my opinion, is key to successfully treating a problem. I was in Chiang Mai recently and saw an osteopathic DR named Ben Thompson for a chronic neck problem I have. He is thai but his father is from Great Britain and he speaks fluent english as well as thai. He went to school in England and has licenses from the U.K.  I only saw him once but was very impressed with him. While waiting for my appt at least 4-5 farang patients arrived at his facility to be treated and he has a very good reputation. As for my visit with him, he gave me an adjustment of my neck and used suction cups on my back and neck which was a first for me. My wife and myself actually bought a suction cup set from him and we use it at out house.  Lastly, I saw him a couple of weeks ago and he said he was going on a lengthy vacation because he had been working non-stop for a long time and he needed a break. If you  are ever in Chiang Mai I would highly recommend him and a retired physiotherapist who I have use before in Chiang Mai said she knew Dr Thompson and he was an excellent DR.  Good luck

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Dr Oat ... you won't be disappointed, till you pay.  He is a bit expensive, unless having insurance.  Request him only, as he may have other on staff.

I've only used him, so can't comment on anyone else, if on premises.

He won't touch you till you get X-rays and bring the snaps with you, or your med records.   Or he'll send to get w/referral.  

https://doctoroat.com/

Gmap

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, watgate said:

I have used chiropractors all my life in the U.S. and didn't know the chiropractors in Bangkok didn't use manipulation and adjustments which, in my opinion, is key to successfully treating a problem. I was in Chiang Mai recently and saw an osteopathic DR named Ben Thompson for a chronic neck problem I have. He is thai but his father is from Great Britain and he speaks fluent english as well as thai. He went to school in England and has licenses from the U.K.  I only saw him once but was very impressed with him. While waiting for my appt at least 4-5 farang patients arrived at his facility to be treated and he has a very good reputation. As for my visit with him, he gave me an adjustment of my neck and used suction cups on my back and neck which was a first for me. My wife and myself actually bought a suction cup set from him and we use it at out house.  Lastly, I saw him a couple of weeks ago and he said he was going on a lengthy vacation because he had been working non-stop for a long time and he needed a break. If you  are ever in Chiang Mai I would highly recommend him and a retired physiotherapist who I have use before in Chiang Mai said she knew Dr Thompson and he was an excellent DR.  Good luck

I've used 3 Chiros here, and they've all used manipulation and adjustments

Two good (Thai ?) & 1 (westerner) was useless, simply not strong enough to do anything.

KhunLa- I agree with sufficient strength. I saw a woman chiropractor many years ago in the U.S. who was filling in for my regular chiropractor and after seeing her I was disappointed because she didn't have the necessary strength to give me a proper adjustment. Contray to what the initial poster stated about chiropractors in Bangkok not utilizing manipulation and adjustments, it is good to know that they do.

I see where you reside in Prachuap Khiri Khan. Other then a chiropractic/osteopathic office in Hua Hin do you know of any other places in Prachuap Khiri Khan that do chiropractic adjustments/manipulation?

Edited by watgate

1 hour ago, watgate said:

I see where you reside in Prachuap Khiri Khan. Other then a chiropractic/osteopathic office in Hua Hin do you know of any other places in Prachuap Khiri Khan that do chiropractic adjustments/manipulation?

No, I haven't used any down here.   The HH forum speak highly of the Dutch (?) guy (Henrik), I think, at HH, and a few recommend him.

HH Chiro

Edited by KhunLA

7 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Moved to Health forum.

In addition to Dr. Oat (probably the most prominent chiro in Thailand with excellent credentials) , many members have used Mark Leoni

https://www.thailandchiropractor.com/

I didn't have a positive experience with Mark Leoni, which was a bit disappointing.  I'll leave it at that.

Others seem to be satisfied with his treatments.

3 hours ago, watgate said:

I wasn’t saying that the ones I’ve seen in bkk don’t use manipulation, rather that it wasn’t the main focus. I’m not planning to visit CM before January but may well follow up. Thanks for your recommendation 

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Dr Oat ... you won't be disappointed, till you pay.  He is a bit expensive, unless having insurance.  Request him only, as he may have other on staff.

I've only used him, so can't comment on anyone else, if on premises.

He won't touch you till you get X-rays and bring the snaps with you, or your med records.   Or he'll send to get w/referral.  

Gmap

Could you define “ a bit expensive “ please”! I’m often in Hua Hin so if you have a recommendation for someone there I’d appreciate it too.

edit, just noticed that you said you haven’t used anyone in HH

Edited by Fairynuff

5 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

Could you define “ a bit expensive “ please”! I’m often in Hua Hin so if you have a recommendation for someone there I’d appreciate it too.

edit, just noticed that you said you haven’t used anyone in HH

First time, 15 ish years ago, when visiting Dr Oat, at his townhouse, only 1000 baht.  Used once or twice a year for about 10 yrs.  He is excellent.  Last year, wife's visit was 3500 baht, at newest location.

I posted earlier of a Chiro @ HH, not used, but others seem quite happy.

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

First time, 15 ish years ago, when visiting Dr Oat, at his townhouse, only 1000 baht.  Used once or twice a year for about 10 yrs.  He is excellent.  Last year, wife's visit was 3500 baht, at newest location.

I posted earlier of a Chiro @ HH, not used, but others seem quite happy.

I see what you mean by expensive!

• Thumbs Up 1