Man who threatened Biden shot dead in FBI raid in Utah

Social Media

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Rubbish, most do make threats on social media. It's how they justify their relevance among other extremists.

Not sure about that for what I have read. Perhaps you could post a link?

The incident also could have been a form of the "suicide by cop" phenomena.  What is for the sure the incident will be manipulated by the rightwing media to confirm their false narratives, the agents will probably get commendation letters, and nothing will ever ever be done in the USA about the serious problem. Guns.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/12/2023 at 1:59 PM, BritManToo said:

How do you know he didn't comply?

American law enforcement often kill unarmed civilians, then claim they were threatened. (same for Brit law enforcement)

Have they released a complete video of the incident?

What they say after the event just can't be trusted.

I'm looking for a link but before a certain incident it was reported an FBI agent had not even disciplined let alone charged criminally for discharging a weapon in decades. " The law enforcement agencies, unions, and individual officers conspire to cover up their wrongdoing even when caught murdering unarmed subjects on video as government officials often enjoy "qualified immunity" district attorney/prosecutors rarely take action.  FBI fired backflip man. That was being a complete idiot

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

I'm looking for a link but before a certain incident it was reported an FBI agent had not even disciplined let alone charged criminally for discharging a weapon in decades. " The law enforcement agencies, unions, and individual officers conspire to cover up their wrongdoing even when caught murdering unarmed subjects on video as government officials often enjoy "qualified immunity" district attorney/prosecutors rarely take action.  FBI fired backflip man. That was being a complete idiot

Safety off, LOL. He deserves it.

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Yet, still not doing too bad for 79. Keep it up.

It is getting harder now.

I have gone back to cutting the grass for about an hour a day but only 5 minutes work and 5 minutes rest at a time.

The hardest job is exercising regularly. Including grass cutting I am exercising for 1 1/2 to 2 hours a day . I do it in 3 sessions, morning, afternoon and evening.

Something I have never done on a regular basis.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

It is getting harder now.

I have gone back to cutting the grass for about an hour a day but only 5 minutes work and 5 minutes rest at a time.

The hardest job is exercising regularly. Including grass cutting I am exercising for 1 1/2 to 2 hours a day . I do it in 3 sessions, morning, afternoon and evening.

Something I have never done on a regular basis.

Well done anyway. Take it easy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

I am elderly at 79 and largely homebound (my wife does the driving), but if I really needed to, I can drive the truck, carry a weapon and pull the trigger.

It will just take me a bit longer to get dressed for battle.

However, whilst I am not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, I am not the dimmest either.

Do I look dangerous?

20230411_112903.jpg

You should only be worried about getting raided by the Fashion Police! ????

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

The FBI also had a choice. Serve him his warrants in a safer manner that did not necessitate driving a mini tank through his front door at 600am. 

You seem particularly fixated on this 6 am part. You do realise the FBI and all law enforcement prefer to do raids at sunrise for some very good and obvious reasons:-

1) it is dark outside and easier to approach unnoticed

2) most people are asleep and therefore at home. 

3) sleeping people are easier to creep up on, and take longer to wake to an alert state to be combative

4) some agencies have night vision devices and/or other tech that gives them an advantage in low light/darkness

5) there is generally fewer people up and about so less likely there will be collateral damage.

I think it's fairly obvious to state the 'safety' of the target is far less important than the safety of innocents and their own safety.

• Thanks 2

On 8/10/2023 at 10:23 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

I seem to recall some of those bleating about this guy being shot by agents executing a lawful warrant banging on in the past about a guy murdered in cold blood by police officers.

Something along the lines of ‘he was a danger to the officers/he should have followed the instructions given by the officers/he should not have resisted the officers performing their lawful duty’. 

They would be saying that here now in a near exact situation. If the for example the guy had been a BLM supporter, Islamist, simply had dark skin, or threatened GOP types.

It is all extreme partisanship and hateful bias now. Fueled by fake media 

• Like 1

What is the FBI’s policy on the use of deadly force by its special agents?

"FBI special agents may use deadly force only when necessary—when the agent has a reasonable belief that the subject of such force poses an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury to the agent or another person. If feasible, a verbal warning to submit to the authority of the special agent is given prior to the use of deadly force."

https://www.fbi.gov/about/faqs/what-is-the-fbis-policy-on-the-use-of-deadly-force-by-its-special-agents

On 8/11/2023 at 7:25 AM, Bkk Brian said:

Authorities said he pointed his weapon at agents and did not respond to their commands.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/utah-man-killed-fbi-pointed-gun-agents-fatal-shooting-rcna99326

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

Rising political threats take U.S. into uncharted territory as 2024 election looms

Threats against public officials have been steadily climbing in recent years, creating new challenges for law enforcement, civil rights and the health of American democracy.

"Even after a [prior] visit from FBI agents, the affidavit said, Robertson continued posting violent words and imagery online, including quipping that if the FBI was still monitoring his posts he would “be sure to have a loaded gun in case you drop by again.” He also posted about killing Biden, who was due to visit the state Thursday."

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/12/political-threats-2024-elections-00110966

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

On 8/12/2023 at 4:29 PM, EVENKEEL said:

I'm sure your nonsensical post has a meaning to you, for me not so much. Keep practicing, I'm sure you'll improve over time.

There may be a reason for the post seeming like nonsense to you other than it allegedly being nonsense.

• Thumbs Up 1