GOP memo argues direct payments to President Biden not needed to show corruption

Social Media

6 minutes ago, Tug said:

Your post defines witch hunt enuendo a sideways slander and a few others all in one post congratulations in maga world enuendo is enough never mind their leader’s prolific criminality corruption and sex crimes oh boy…….

Your post makes no sense whatever.  I'm guessing you're just trolling?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

It is that magic whataboutery word "IF" again.

You don't know what "whataboutery" means.

Totally meaningless like your post, unless backed up by facts and proof. Do you have any?

The meaning of my post is perfectly clear.

You can try to deflect, of course, but it isn't working.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Your post makes no sense whatever.  I'm guessing you're just trolling?

Swish is the sound of something going over your head or perhaps something that rings true you wish not to acknowledge the whole gop premise is bs it is devoid of facts and or proof it is a slander via enuendo they are beyond desperate as their leader racks up felonies (all backed by fact and proof) you don’t really think the DOJ would be so stupid as to indict an ex president without having an incredibly strong case do you?these aspersions directed at Joe Biden do not meet factual criteria all stop period end of

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Tug said:

Swish is the sound of something going over your head or perhaps something that rings true you wish not to acknowledge the whole gop premise is bs it is devoid of facts and or proof it is a slander via enuendo they are beyond desperate as their leader racks up felonies (all backed by fact and proof) you don’t really think the DOJ would be so stupid as to indict an ex president without having an incredibly strong case do you?these aspersions directed at Joe Biden do not meet factual criteria all stop period end of

Sorry, this is just a mess of words.  I can't really make any sense of it.

I apologise if you aren't trolling and you are genuinely having some sort of problem, but it really does look like trolling.

I'm not sure how else to respond.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Basically, if Biden rented himself out, but the money went to Hunter, he's not off the hook.

Basically, if there were evidence of crime, charges would be filed.

Any charges filed against anyone but Hunter?

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, riclag said:

Joe Biden is a liar and he got caught in a cover up of historic proportions!

I expect impeachment inquiries forthcoming from the House with subpoena witnesses ,evidence ,graphs, emails, hunters laptop,IRS testimony,

and video highlights!

It wont be to difficult to connect the dots  using the Gop’s past investigation results.

“Indeed, the law recognizes payments to family members to corruptly influence others can constitute a bribe,” the memo says. The panel points to a resource guide of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act that states “companies also may violate the FCPA if they give payments or gifts to third parties, such as an official’s family members, as an indirect way of corruptly influencing a foreign official.” Hunter Biden has not been charged or convicted of accepting bribes at this point”.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/09/politics/house-oversight-republicans-hunter-biden/index.html

Even if that claim about an official acts are true, you would have to prove that Joe Biden acted in such a way. The Republicans desperately tried to get Devon Archer to testify that Hunter Biden had brought Joe Biden to Ukraine to put pressure on Ukraine to fire Viktor Shokin to benefit Burisma.

. First off, Archer stated repeatedly that Hunter Biden had nothing to do with Joe Biden coming to Ukraine. He said Hunter Biden tried to create the perception that it was due to him in order to impress the management at Burisma. But wait..it gets worse.

pages 10-11

https://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/Devon-Archer-Transcript.pdf

Archer also testified that management that various members of the company told him that the firing of Shokin was actually bad for Burisma because the Burisma CEO had Shokin under control.

page 38

https://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/Devon-Archer-Transcript.pdf

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, riclag said:

I expect a impeachment inquiry forthcoming from the House with subpoena witnesses ,evidence ,graphs, emails, hunters laptop,IRS testimony,

and video highlights!

It wont be to difficult to connect the dots  using the Gop’s past investigation results.

“Indeed, the law recognizes payments to family members to corruptly influence others can constitute a bribe,” the memo says. The panel points to a resource guide of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act that states “companies also may violate the FCPA if they give payments or gifts to third parties, such as an official’s family members, as an indirect way of corruptly influencing a foreign official.” Hunter Biden has not been charged or convicted of accepting bribes at this point”.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/09/politics/house-oversight-republicans-hunter-biden/index.html

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/06/28/politics/hunter-biden-joe-biden-2017-text-message/index.html

A memo with a "can constitute", which makes it a maybe.  Even if such a bribe took place, unless you can show President Biden was knowingly involved he is in the clear.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Sorry, this is just a mess of words.  I can't really make any sense of it.

I apologise if you aren't trolling and you are genuinely having some sort of problem, but it really does look like trolling.

I'm not sure how else to respond.

Try facing the truth and NOT the Truth Social or Fox Entertainment truth.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, riclag said:

I expect a impeachment inquiry forthcoming from the House with subpoena witnesses ,evidence ,graphs, emails, hunters laptop,IRS testimony,

and video highlights!

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/06/28/politics/hunter-biden-joe-biden-2017-text-message/index.html

You keep claiming many things but all of your posts and promises so far lack the essential element of proof. Not an allegation nor a promise of something coming very soon, but actual verifiable proof that can be taken to a prosecutor as evidence leading to a successful prosecution.

Neither you nor the GOP oversight committee can or have provided anything yet.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, billd766 said:

NO. WE all don't know if President Biden or who else  in his family is being investigated.

Please tell anybody who is interested, complete with links and FACTS, and not allegations, who else is being investigated in the Presidents family apart from Hunter Biden? 

More importantly, what, if anything, they have been charged with?

BTW, "WE", is not me or many other posters.

Please speak for yourself and NOT for anybody else. You certainly do NOT speak for me.

If you read my post, you would have noticed that I said the following:

'We all know nepotism exists and we all know that family members of powerful people, celebrities etc. get preferential treatment'

Did you not know this? It should be common knowledge. Especially for someone commenting on a forum based in Thailand.... TIT, the home of nepotism and cronyism!

The whole family is being investigated: https://oversight.house.gov/landing/biden-family-investigation/

If you had read my post before your knee-jerk response (three times I might add), you would have noticed that I believe the family is innocent of any corruption charges. HB is most definitely an idiotic, drug and drink addicted a-hole who has profited from his family name, but corrupt? I think not.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

If you read my post, you would have noticed that I said the following:

'We all know nepotism exists and we all know that family members of powerful people, celebrities etc. get preferential treatment'

Did you not know this? It should be common knowledge. Especially for someone commenting on a forum based in Thailand.... TIT, the home of nepotism and cronyism!

The whole family is being investigated: https://oversight.house.gov/landing/biden-family-investigation/

If you had read my post before your knee-jerk response (three times I might add), you would have noticed that I believe the family is innocent of any corruption charges. HB is most definitely an idiotic, drug and drink addicted a-hole who has profited from his family name, but corrupt? I think not.

I did read your post and you STILL DON'T speak for me. What don't you understand about that.

"WE" is not everybody, it is simply your opinion. In future, please make that clear.

I still don't get why you're so mad that I pointed out that nepotism exists, and that everyone knows it does. Do you not know that this happens all over the world? If you do, then your response is ridiculous.

8 hours ago, Tug said:

I guess some folks do have trouble understanding that you need proof. guilt by family association ain’t gonna cut it the whole premise the GOP is putting forward is un admissible in court it is a slander by enuendo 

I don't remember saying anything about what kind of "proof" was available.

What you are writing continues to be ridiculous and have nothing to do with what I have written.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

I don't remember saying anything about what kind of "proof" was available.

What you are writing continues to be ridiculous and have nothing to do with what I have written.

If there is no proof, and so far nobody, not you or even the GOP oversight committee appears to have any, how can anybody take it to a prosecutor and say this is the case, we have no proof, but take it to court anyway.

No prosecutor could or would take it to court and put it before a jury and tell them that here is the case, we have no evidence but try it anyway.

2 minutes ago, illisdean said:

Biden needs to stop lying, he's been called out so many times for deception and lies now that he's making more and bigger problems for the country.

What are these more and bigger problems that Biden's alleged lying is now making for the country?

• Like 2