Detoxing from Marijuana

In my experience of many years nicotine is the most addictive drug that is legally available by far over pot.  Alcohol came in second.

I would go out in a blinding snowstorm at 1 am to buy a pack of cigs as i was totally completely addicted.  I can skip smoking weed for days/weeks at a time and never one time have a "nicotine type fit".  In essence i can choose to smoke or not smoke weed but i never felt that i had a choice with cigs as that nicotine had me by the gonads and controlled my every waking moment.

Different people react differently.  I was always amazed at those people who can smoke 10 cigs a day and not bump it up to 20 or 30 or more.  If I smoked ten cigs today i would likely buy a carton and be back to two packs a day very quickly.

Fortunately I finally after many many attempts managed to kick the cigs and have not touched one in 20 years.....i have little doubt that if i had not done that i would have some serious emphysema and other health problems.

As for pot I can have a bag of pot that lasts me for months or longer and i use pot because sometimes i just enjoy getting high for an hour or so of sunset and music.  I realize it is probably better to not smoke anything at all but I really do not feel any serious weed addiction or need to detox.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, pomchop said:

In my experience of many years nicotine is the most addictive drug that is legally available by far over pot.  Alcohol came in second.

I would go out in a blinding snowstorm at 1 am to buy a pack of cigs as i was totally completely addicted.

When I was young I was smoking quite heavily, between 2 and 3 packs a day. Then I met my Thai wife and I noticed that she started to cough while I was smoking in the room.

So I decided to stop and here is my simple receipe to do that without any helpers like nicotin-patches etc: I just stopped. Completely. Never touched a cigarette again. Without any problems at all. No addiction.

This might be too simple to understand immediately. Here is some hint: You simply REALLY need to DECIDE to stop. Think: There is nobody in the world that can stop you from not doing it apart from yourself. And since you have really decided to stop - where should be a problem ?

The difficulty is not the non smoking - it is the irrefutable decision that you really have to take. Thats all there is to it and I am the living proof that it works. Effortlessly.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

When I was young I was smoking quite heavily, between 2 and 3 packs a day. Then I met my Thai wife and I noticed that she started to cough while I was smoking in the room.

So I decided to stop and here is my simple receipe to do that without any helpers like nicotin-patches etc: I just stopped. Completely. Never touched a cigarette again. Without any problems at all. No addiction.

This might be too simple to understand immediately. Here is some hint: You simply REALLY need to DECIDE to stop. Think: There is nobody in the world that can stop you from not doing it apart from yourself. And since you have really decided to stop - where should be a problem ?

The difficulty is not the non smoking - it is the irrefutable decision that you really have to take. Thats all there is to it and I am the living proof that it works. Effortlessly.

Good for you.  As i said everyone is different.  I know people that can smoke 5 cigs a day and no more.  I know people that smoke 60 a day and wanted more.  As i say good for you and of course yes you are the one that has to decide to stop but you say you had "no addiction".  If it were effortless for all it would be nice...but not everyone is that lucky.

It is a nasty habit anyway you look at it.

15 minutes ago, pomchop said:

.........As i say good for you and of course yes you are the one that has to decide to stop but you say you had "no addiction".  If it were effortless for all it would be nice...but not everyone is that lucky.

This is not the point I try to make here. It seems too simple to understand it right away. I understand that. Think: It depends only on your irrefutable decision which may be done in a relaxed way. You dont need to be lucky or have no addiction. Or do you want to fight against yourself ? This would be the case if the slightest idea of smoking would appear after you have irrefutably decided not to continue. It is effortless then. It is a subtle thing to identify the difference to the approach most people take, but this is because only a few really decide irrefutably.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/12/2023 at 8:52 AM, Neeranam said:

I had always thought there was no addiction but it seems there is. This might help some people here. 

https://marijuana-anonymous.org/pamphlets/detoxing-from-marijuana/

If cannabis was physically addictive, I would have gone through withdrawals back when I was smoking every day.  Then I got into meditation.  The meditation teacher said, "Stop the marijuana for a week."  Ok - no problem.  And it was no problem.  No withdrawal; no cravings; no 'reefer madness,' nada!

What we have so often here are members of the Neo-Frumpkin's-Temperence-Union telling all of us who have a lot of experience using weed in the past that "marijuana is addictive!!!" 

Let me be blunt.  You don't have any idea what you are talking about.  Please blow smoke up some other smuck's derriere.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/17/2023 at 10:28 AM, FritsSikkink said:

Maybe because there are quite a few people with problems from using:

Addiction | Health Effects | Marijuana | CDC

Is marijuana addictive? | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) (nih.gov)

Alcohol, Drugs and Addictive Behaviours (who.int)

It has good effects and not so good effects, ignoring this is shortsighted. 

The CDC?  The same people who said (with a straight face) "If you take the Covid shots, you will not get Covid."  That CDC.  Yeah - trust the experts. <not>

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/17/2023 at 1:00 PM, moogradod said:

This is not the point I try to make here. It seems too simple to understand it right away. I understand that. Think: It depends only on your irrefutable decision which may be done in a relaxed way. You dont need to be lucky or have no addiction. Or do you want to fight against yourself ? This would be the case if the slightest idea of smoking would appear after you have irrefutably decided not to continue. It is effortless then. It is a subtle thing to identify the difference to the approach most people take, but this is because only a few really decide irrefutably.

That is with most things, same as for having goals in life, setting up a business etc. Most people just talk and complain or make excuses, but those who decide to really do it, usually achieve it sooner than expected. 

On 8/14/2023 at 6:54 AM, Krabi King said:

Tolerance can surely increase. But that is no indication for addiction.

Idly browsing this forum, (I don't/have never smoked cannabis, stopped smoking tobacco 25 years ago, and drink a little - perhaps four large beers a week) it does seem that tolerance is not a feature of the "cannabis debate".