Nightclub shooting: Man accidentally fires gun into his own leg

webfact

18 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

There are plenty of places, most actually including my native UK, where people don't feel a need to carry guns to protect themselves. Many lives have been saved by citizens carrying guns applies to very, very few places. Apart from some places in South America dominated by the drug trade, only one country stands out where people feel the need to carry guns to protect themselves. Everyone knows that. It's probably the most outstanding image of the USA that the world has. Another mass shooting - yawn. Seen it a hundred times already. Guns are not a positive - ever.

Actually gun use for defense, saving lives, protecting property etc, happens hundreds of thousands of times. Your opinion, as those of others who don't fully understand, is wrong. Guns will always be available to criminals, and the police can only be around a fraction of the time, so citizens are allowed to defend themselves or their property legally. If all guns were destroyed, that would be a different matter entirely, but since the police and military need them to protect citizens, guns will always be around, and will they will fall into the criminals hands. Shooting occur daily here in Thailand, and mass shootings have been happening, and will continue, from guns legally owned by disturbed policemen and military members, and by the general public with illegal weapons. Gun crime here is very high, although many don't think so. People might not feel the need to carry guns in the UK, but gun crime there has been increasing, so some are getting their hands on them.

Edited by fredwiggy

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

People might not feel the need to carry guns in the UK, but gun crime there has been increasing, so some are getting their hands on them.

Please do not put the USA and Thailand in the same category as the UK. That is plain stupid. BTW, I've read several times that, based on population numbers, there are twice the number of gun deaths in the Land of Smiles as there are in the USA. Putting low intelligence and lack of self-control together with guns is never a good combination.

17 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Please do not put the USA and Thailand in the same category as the UK. That is plain stupid. BTW, I've read several times that, based on population numbers, there are twice the number of gun deaths in the Land of Smiles as there are in the USA. Putting low intelligence and lack of self-control together with guns is never a good combination.

Please don't assume I am stupid, thinking I am putting the USA and Thailand into the same category as the UK. I just responded to what you said about the UK. Gun crime is everywhere. More in some places than others. It's not just a matter of low intelligence and lack of self control. It's a mental illness that makes some go haywire with guns, and that can happen anywhere, as mental illnesses have no borders.