Dead Baby Found in Garbage Pile in Pattaya

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — The corpse of a newborn baby girl was found abandoned in a garbage pile on South Pattaya Road on Monday night, August 14th.

The tragic discovery was reported to Pattaya police at 10:06 PM. After coordinating with Sawang Boriboon rescue services, the police rushed to the incident scene near a Big C department store in South Pattaya to investigate.

Mr. Sompat Boonkampha, a 50-year-old recycler/scavenger, told police that he was scavenging for recyclable items in garbage piles along South Pattaya Road when he came across a plastic basin which contained a black plastic bag.

Curious about its contents, Sompat grabbed the bag, hoping to find something valuable to sell. As he untied the bag and began to look inside, he was astonished to find a newborn baby’s leg.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/08/15/dead-baby-found-in-garbage-pile-in-pattaya/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-08-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter. Click to subscribe

• Sad 8

1 hour ago, jvs said:

Another very sad story,people will start pointing and condemming the

couple who dumped this baby in the carbage.

There are only victims here i believe.

I understand your feelings.

Some scum dumped a human infant in a garbage pile on the roadside.

Possibly alive when dumped.

They must be victims.

Wish them happy and lucky lucky.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, jvs said:

Another very sad story,people will start pointing and condemming the

couple who dumped this baby in the carbage.

There are only victims here i believe.

this is becoming a regular occurrence lately ....  must be the thai way to just dump ...

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

I understand your feelings.

Some scum dumped a human infant in a garbage pile on the roadside.

Possibly alive when dumped.

They must be victims.

Wish them happy and lucky lucky.

They didn't dump some infant. It was their own baby, one she carried for up to  9 months. 

My sister-in-law had a baby die at birth about 15 years ago. She has a name and she still visits her grave to mourn every year on her birthday. To think this couple dumped their baby in a pile of garbage is hard to fathom. If this story doesn't make you tear up, you're not human.

• Like 1

They need to have a campaign to let all Thais know that they can drop their unwanted or stillborn babies off without repercussions. Too many young girls are having babies and don’t know what to do, or how to handle them and support them. They need to have an opportunity to do the right thing and not just dump their child in the trash. I can’t imagine how anyone could do that, but it seems to be happening more and more everyday. Give the child a chance, or proper burial. They didn’t ask to be born and certainly don’t deserve to be dumped. Sad all around. 

• Like 1

A horrific tragedy and sad to see such things. One may wonder if it's not some unwanted baby of some barstool lady who got pregnant with a client ? Not to insult anybody but the odds could match. The solution would be to improve information with constant  reminders to the ladies of the prostitution industry,  on STD, pregnancy and make them clearly understand the risks of unprotected intercourse.

39 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It takes two to make a baby. But although there are plenty of comments there is not one about the responsibility about the boy(s) involved.

It may be minimal, but he seemed to have hung around up to the time of them getting rid of the body... (perhaps presumptuous of me thinking it was the father with her, rather than someone else helping).

17 hours ago, Sigmund said:

A horrific tragedy and sad to see such things. One may wonder if it's not some unwanted baby of some barstool lady who got pregnant with a client ? Not to insult anybody but the odds could match. The solution would be to improve information with constant  reminders to the ladies of the prostitution industry,  on STD, pregnancy and make them clearly understand the risks of unprotected intercourse.

Considering how much breeding is going on in Pattaya, pregnancies aren't that big of a problem are they ?

Maybe the infant was born at home and got a fever and passed away. But why wouldn't they bury the body in that case ? It seems like a very impulsive move to dump the body in the trash where some dumpster diver is going to find it. Maybe it was some yaba mother

19 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Morning-after pills are available in most pharmacies @ Bht 30. I know that it is probably too late, so why not authorise abortion pills for up to say, 13 weeks.

Is any authorization even required? I have no idea that these are restricted, but so many medications can be bought freely over the counter. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Is any authorization even required? I have no idea that these are restricted, but so many medications can be bought freely over the counter. 

Because abortion is illegal in Thailand.

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Because abortion is illegal in Thailand.

Well you did not address the question and your reply is off at a tangent. I am quite confident these pills are available here.... just do not know how easily obtained.

• Confused 1