How do you personally ghost someone?

LaosLover

15 hours ago, LaosLover said:

Made a pal, bit of a whiner, demands too much praise, no empathy in return. He needs to find another emotional tampon.

Typically have seen him once a week, went to every 10 days, then 14. Decided on no more home visits since he's hard to get to leave.

What's your ultimate final fade technique when off-loading dead wood?

Don't take the phone-call

4 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Don't take the phone-call

Thats the obvious solution. I know a guy who never answers. Calls them back later tells them he was busy which he wasnt. When you make the call you are in control though.

• Like 1

Just to update:

I perform a role of Jedi Knight-mentor, offering banal bromides like,"look before you leap", and virtually worthless general encouragement. 

He wants to train "troubled" Myanmar youth to make macrame plant hangers. I hadn't thought about macrame plant hanger since my bell bottom days. Lovely with a Spider plant. It goes without saying that he has never applied bead to twine and made one himself.

As always, he wants someone else to help the troubled youth make plant hangers while he's just basks in the plant hanger vision. "Why are the youth necessarily troubled?", I asked. "If they're poor", he said, "They're troubled".

He needs seed money for this scheme, more for Google placement than for twine; he also needs a lot of Thai people with nothing to do to help the troubled youth.

And of course, he needs at least a half dozen troubled youth, specifically of the Myanmar variety. He'd take a hill tribe person, but he told me that they were already being helped to death and nobody can get near them.

I told him: "I student-taught in Harlem. I thought MF was my middle name. Seriously, re-think this troubled youth thing, partic from a beading craft perspective. You don't know 'em, like I know 'em."

Anyway, his latest business plan has arrived in my inbox. He's going to send it to "The UN".

Edited by LaosLover
  • Confused 2

We decided just to demote him.

He was a weekly meetup and an email every other day. Than we went to every other week and answering Line messages only.

Now I think it be more like every 3 weeks and taking our time getting back to him on Line.

If he asks me for macrame money, he's toast.

22 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

must be a freakin LONG leash if it allows the dog to be at your house under the trap door AND on the yellow brick road to OZ at the same time. ????

its one of those retractable ones...and is like a bungee cord so it can stretch quite a bit!

but still waiting to hear back about if can bring along the dog to OZ, so still at home.....

tin man and scarecrow send regards ????