Mouse problem....Windows 11

Kenny202

2 minutes ago, Seamaster said:

Delete ALL the drivers and sw and then reboot. No half measures.

Sorry, not that computer savvy. What is the SW? and how do I delete it. I think I can delete the Huawei mouse driver. Should I delete the generic mouse driver also?

Just now, KannikaP said:

Usually, unplugging the mouse receiver and then re-plugging it will sort you out.

1 I'm certain he's tried that five times

2 No, it doesn't

3. It's BT genius and while he might have a TRANSCEIVER it's totally unessential as BT has been built into Windows for a donkeys age

????????

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Usually, unplugging the mouse receiver and then re-plugging it will sort you out.

Sorry again for ignorance???? What is the mouse receiver? This is a blue tooth mouse so no dongle if that's what you meant.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Kenny202 said:

Sorry again for ignorance???? What is the mouse receiver? This is a blue tooth mouse so no dongle if that's what you meant.

OK, go to Device Manager in Control Panel and delete/uninstall your mouse.

It should re-install again on boot up.

• Haha 1

Just now, Kenny202 said:

The genius meant TRANSCEIVER but was also clueless as I'd pointed out earlier you can use one but unnecessary with BT built in

????

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Seamaster said:

1 I'm certain he's tried that five times

2 No, it doesn't

3. It's BT genius and while he might have a TRANSCEIVER it's totally unessential as BT has been built into Windows for a donkeys age

????????

Do you know, you are of no use at all, you just like talking over peoples heads, and when it comes to computers, that puts people into more trouble, a "teacher" should know that....................:ermm:

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Do you know, you are of no use at all, you just like talking over peoples heads, and when it comes to computers, that puts people into more trouble, a "teacher" should know that....................:ermm:

My fix was quite understandable. Any jargon he can Google it.

• Confused 1

Just now, Seamaster said:

Maybe you should.

Bc I just posted the information you jumped on ten mins before in a more clear manner

Bc your silly corrections of English and etc ????????

OK Mr Master, I shall steer clear of you in future.

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, transam said:

Whilst am here, try opening Device Manager, scroll down to mouse, open it up, see if anything has an exclamation mark which indicates a problem....

Why did you not post this more helpful post the first time rather than the dangerous BS you made on your third post on this forum re; reseting the BIOS!!

I suggest that after that earlier very dangerous (to a computer) post that any advice you make regarding computers  should be totally ignored! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kenny202 said:

Before I did the latest system update....there was a section in devices / mouse you could go and change pinter speed etc. Seems to have all changed. 

In control panel.../mouse

Button - switch primary secondary deselected, speed medium!! Clicklock off.

This sounds like it maybe be the problem. Its like its not a fast single click. More like a long or double click. I just can't find the clickoff off button or tab?

Set it to middle

Pointer speed - I like fastest. Up to you

58 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

delete the Huawei mouse driver. Should I delete the generic mouse driver also?

Delete all as I'd mentioned prior. They will reinstall on boot.

Driver in *device manager and *devices printers delete

All mouse sw in programs

* but adjust clickspeed to middle before any of that.

If the same thing is happening with both mouses then the problem is and all likelihood not the mouses.

Also very low likelihood that it's a driver issue despite me telling you to delete the drivers and the software. I believe this because other than your issue it appears that the peripheral devices are functional

My suspicion is that you will find your fix somewhere in playing around with the mouse settings

39 minutes ago, Seamaster said:

Set it to middle

Pointer speed - I like fastest. Up to you

Pointer speed isn't the problem. Right click. For eg you click once on chrome to.open it up and 2 chrome windows will come up

34 minutes ago, Seamaster said:

Delete all as I'd mentioned prior. They will reinstall on boot.

Driver in *device manager and *devices printers delete

All mouse sw in programs

* but adjust clickspeed to middle before any of that.

If the same thing is happening with both mouses then the problem is and all likelihood not the mouses.

Also very low likelihood that it's a driver issue despite me telling you to delete the drivers and the software. I believe this because other than your issue it appears that the peripheral devices are functional

My suspicion is that you will find your fix somewhere in playing around with the mouse settings

I have had this mouse withthe computer since new, and had the problem periodically. Usually I put the bt mouse away and use my  wireless mouse. Seems to be a sytem updat every week or 2 and after update maybe ok for 2-3 months. Then happens again. Definitely seems like some sort of system bug to me

Well happy to report deleted driver and rebooted last night and mouse working good as new. Weird problem and been buggy since new. Work ok for a month - 3 months then either issue like explained or maybe left click button not working. At least now will know how to fix it easily. Any possible reason why the driver breaking down like that? Thanks to all for the solutions 

13 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Why did you not post this more helpful post the first time rather than the dangerous BS you made on your third post on this forum re; reseting the BIOS!!

I suggest that after that earlier very dangerous (to a computer) post that any advice you make regarding computers  should be totally ignored! 

Very funny, expert.............????.................????

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

Mouse in device and drivers says operating correctly

Even when there is a problem, it always says that.

Try uninstall the drivers from the device manager for the BT, wifi, mouse, keyboard and all the usb drivers, and reboot the pc, drivers will reinstall and reconnect the BT mouse, see if that helps.

Try intel BT and wireless drivers if it is an intel  wireless card in your pc.

Try a 2.4ghz mouse with a usb dongle with fresh batteries in the mouse.

What BT/wired mouse is it, the best mouse for me are the Logitech ones, never any trouble.

Edited by freeworld
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

I have had this mouse withthe computer since new, and had the problem periodically. Usually I put the bt mouse away and use my  wireless mouse. Seems to be a sytem updat every week or 2 and after update maybe ok for 2-3 months. Then happens again. Definitely seems like some sort of system bug to me

Go to the mfg website, be certain it's the actual OEM not a scam site. Download the driver and install.

Is the BT mouse a common, ubiquitous brand? Yeah, some shonky brand I can see this happening perhaps but still.

Microsoft has done some massive (huge) to the updates within last year to W11.

If the issue occurs both mouses it's gotta be a resource both the USB and BT mouses both use.

3 hours ago, freeworld said:

Even when there is a problem, it always says that.

Exactly.

When Kannika questioned me yesterday the OS not that clever.

Basically, drivers have to be totally non functio

6 hours ago, transam said:

Very funny, expert.............????.................????

He's right. Never tell anyone to go into their BIOS for any reason. If they are that saavy they'll know. Otherwise STAY OUT. Nothing good will come of it

9 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

Well happy to report deleted driver and rebooted last night and mouse working good as new. Weird problem and been buggy since new. Work ok for a month - 3 months then either issue like explained or maybe left click button not working. At least now will know how to fix it easily. Any possible reason why the driver breaking down like that? Thanks to all for the solutions 

I didn't see this before posting

Reason? MS update? Driver conflicts? IRQ? No idea.

You might want to make a log. When you get updates, what type and if it breaks.

You're welcome ????

9 minutes ago, Seamaster said:

Exactly.

When Kannika questioned me yesterday the OS not that clever.

Basically, drivers have to be totally non functio

He's right. Never tell anyone to go into their BIOS for any reason. If they are that saavy they'll know. Otherwise STAY OUT. Nothing good will come of it

I have reset BIOS many times on systems, as well as other stuff to fix probs. Pull out the battery, switch links to clear CMOS, loads of things to fix odd problems are there.

Install a decent driver updater, IObit  Driver Booster is excellent....

If the OP hasn't done that, do it now....????

Edited by transam