Mouse problem....Windows 11

Kenny202

Having an ongoing issue with my mouse. Later model Huawei computer, bluetooth mouse that came with the machine. Has happened before but always seemed like it was because of a Windows / Huawei problem. Wait for a system update...restart and everything ok again. In the meantime would use another USB / Wireless mouse.

This time the USB mouse doing the same thing. Mouse movement and everything ok, but an erratic left click action....like it is double clicking on a single click. Really annoying. I have gone into system settings and can adjust mouse click speed but doesn't really help much if at all. The computer mouse pad is ok if I use that. Anyone have any ideas or possible remedies? 

Did you read the bit where I said I also have a USB mouse and doing the same thing. Original mouse bluetooth mouse. I may have been unclear about that.

I understand usually mouse problems batteries or mouse itself....but as I have and have tried my normal Huawei  bluetooth mouse, and other Logitech USB mouse and both same issue

Edited by Kenny202

1 hour ago, transam said:

Clarification, thank you....:thumbsup:

Did you read the bit where I said I also have a USB mouse and doing the same thing. Original mouse bluetooth mouse. I may have been unclear about that.

I understand usually mouse problems batteries or mouse itself....but as I have and have tried my normal Huawei  bluetooth mouse, and other Logitech USB mouse and both same issue

1 hour ago, Kenny202 said:

Then it is an internal issue, or a bug, I would try, open BIOS, or what ever they call it now, and reset it...........

The bios activates/checks the system tools...:stoner:

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Did you try a wired mouse?

Unless you are sitting a long way from your PC, why have USB/B'tooth mouse/keyboard? If on a desk it is pointless.

I though my suggestion was intelligent, not needing a LAUGH emoji. If it was you, please tell me why.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Did you try a wired mouse?

Unless you are sitting a long way from your PC, why have USB/B'tooth mouse/keyboard? If on a desk it is pointless.

The bluetooth mouse is the factory one came with the computer. What else would you use? I don't like using trackpads

1 minute ago, Kenny202 said:

The bluetooth mouse is the factory one came with the computer. What else would you use? I don't like using trackpads

Wired USB is MUCH more reliable than Bluetooth. And cheaper.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

Just now, Kenny202 said:

I don't mind a wired mouse but takes up a USB port. I guess I could get a splitter or adapter 

Yes, I installed a USB expansion card, now have 9 ports....

Whilst am here, try opening Device Manager, scroll down to mouse, open it up, see if anything has an exclamation mark which indicates a problem....

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

try opening Device Manager, scroll down to mouse, open it up, see if anything has an exclamation mark which indicates a problem....

I already pointed out that he should delete the driver.

Indicates a problem... Well, unless that problem has some sort of exclamation point next to it he's not going to know the difference between the problem and his elbow

5 minutes ago, Seamaster said:

Do not do ANYTHING with the BIOS

In control panel.../mouse

Button - switch primary secondary deselected, speed medium!! Clicklock off.

If that didn't work...

Physically remove mouse.

In control panel delete any program mouse related OEM or otherwise. Then, on to devices and printers. Delete all mouses.

Now, go into the device manager (control panel) and delete the driver.

Reboot.

Try the USB mouse first.

If that didn't work. Run sfc.

I use three mouses on my win11 notebook w no issues

Before I did the latest system update....there was a section in devices / mouse you could go and change pinter speed etc. Seems to have all changed. 

This sounds like it maybe be the problem. Its like its not a fast single click. More like a long or double click. I just can't find the clickoff off button or tab?

1 minute ago, Seamaster said:

New machines have fewer USB A ports. Old technology.

Some of us like old tech, we are used to it, and don't do drag racing on a PC, or buy an upgrade that we don't need, we leave all that to the folk who feel undressed if a smartphone isn't stuck to their hand, are you one of those.....? ????

• Love It 1

11 minutes ago, Seamaster said:

Do not do ANYTHING with the BIOS

If that didn't work...

Physically remove mouse.

In control panel delete any program mouse related OEM or otherwise. Then, on to devices and printers. Delete all mouses.

Now, go into the device manager (control panel) and delete the driver.

Reboot.

Try the USB mouse first.

If that didn't work. Run sfc.

I use three mouses on my win11 notebook w no issues

I see now, clicklock (hard to find deep menu dive) is already off. Also has an adjustment for double click speed which is set to slow but this doesn't seem to make much difference or swaps one issue for another

Just now, Kenny202 said:

I see now, clicklock (hard to find deep menu dive) is already off. Also has an adjustment for double click speed which is set to slow but this doesn't seem to make much difference or swaps one issue for another

Ok, just see the settings are as I describe if that didn't solve the problem move on to deleting the drivers and sw

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Yes, I installed a USB expansion card, now have 9 ports....

Whilst am here, try opening Device Manager, scroll down to mouse, open it up, see if anything has an exclamation mark which indicates a problem....

Mouse in device and drivers says operating correctly

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Seamaster said:

Ok, just see the settings are as I describe if that didn't solve the problem move on to deleting the drivers and sw

Usually, unplugging the mouse receiver and then re-plugging it will sort you out.

• Haha 1