August 15, 20233 yr Having an ongoing issue with my mouse. Later model Huawei computer, bluetooth mouse that came with the machine. Has happened before but always seemed like it was because of a Windows / Huawei problem. Wait for a system update...restart and everything ok again. In the meantime would use another USB / Wireless mouse. This time the USB mouse doing the same thing. Mouse movement and everything ok, but an erratic left click action....like it is double clicking on a single click. Really annoying. I have gone into system settings and can adjust mouse click speed but doesn't really help much if at all. The computer mouse pad is ok if I use that. Anyone have any ideas or possible remedies?
August 15, 20233 yr Author Did you read the bit where I said I also have a USB mouse and doing the same thing. Original mouse bluetooth mouse. I may have been unclear about that. I understand usually mouse problems batteries or mouse itself....but as I have and have tried my normal Huawei bluetooth mouse, and other Logitech USB mouse and both same issue Edited August 15, 20233 yr by Kenny202
August 15, 20233 yr 1 minute ago, Kenny202 said: Did you read the bit where I said I also have a USB mouse and doing the same thing. Original mouse bluetooth mouse Clarification, thank you....
August 15, 20233 yr Author 1 hour ago, transam said: Clarification, thank you.... Did you read the bit where I said I also have a USB mouse and doing the same thing. Original mouse bluetooth mouse. I may have been unclear about that. I understand usually mouse problems batteries or mouse itself....but as I have and have tried my normal Huawei bluetooth mouse, and other Logitech USB mouse and both same issue
August 15, 20233 yr 1 hour ago, Kenny202 said: Did you read the bit where I said I also have a USB mouse and doing the same thing. Original mouse bluetooth mouse. I may have been unclear about that. I understand usually mouse problems batteries or mouse itself....but as I have and have tried my normal Huawei bluetooth mouse, and other Logitech USB mouse and both same issue Then it is an internal issue, or a bug, I would try, open BIOS, or what ever they call it now, and reset it........... The bios activates/checks the system tools...
August 15, 20233 yr Popular Post 15 minutes ago, transam said: The bios activates the system tools BS!
August 15, 20233 yr Popular Post Just now, scottiejohn said: BS! I just knew I should have stayed quiet, cos the experts will call BS......................????
August 15, 20233 yr Did you try a wired mouse? Unless you are sitting a long way from your PC, why have USB/B'tooth mouse/keyboard? If on a desk it is pointless.
August 15, 20233 yr 4 minutes ago, KannikaP said: Did you try a wired mouse? Unless you are sitting a long way from your PC, why have USB/B'tooth mouse/keyboard? If on a desk it is pointless. I though my suggestion was intelligent, not needing a LAUGH emoji. If it was you, please tell me why.
August 15, 20233 yr 1 minute ago, KannikaP said: I though my suggestion was intelligent, not needing a LAUGH emoji. If it was you, please tell me why. Sorry, it was me, read the first 3/4 posts......????
August 15, 20233 yr Author 24 minutes ago, KannikaP said: Did you try a wired mouse? Unless you are sitting a long way from your PC, why have USB/B'tooth mouse/keyboard? If on a desk it is pointless. The bluetooth mouse is the factory one came with the computer. What else would you use? I don't like using trackpads
August 15, 20233 yr 1 minute ago, Kenny202 said: The bluetooth mouse is the factory one came with the computer. What else would you use? I don't like using trackpads Wired USB is MUCH more reliable than Bluetooth. And cheaper. Edited August 15, 20233 yr by KannikaP
August 15, 20233 yr Just now, KannikaP said: Wired USB is MUCH more reliable than Bluetooth. I agree, and the keyboard.....
August 15, 20233 yr Author Just now, KannikaP said: Wired USB is MUCH more reliable than Bluetooth. And cheaper. I don't mind a wired mouse but takes up a USB port. I guess I could get a splitter or adapter
August 15, 20233 yr Popular Post Do not do ANYTHING with the BIOS In control panel.../mouse Button - switch primary secondary deselected, speed medium!! Clicklock off. If that didn't work... Physically remove mouse. In control panel /programs... delete any program mouse related OEM or otherwise. Then, on to /Devices and printers. Delete all mouses. Now, go into the device manager (control panel) and delete the driver. Reboot. Try the USB mouse first. If that didn't work. Run sfc. I use three mouses on my win11 notebook w no issues Edited August 15, 20233 yr by Seamaster
August 15, 20233 yr 1 minute ago, KannikaP said: Wired USB is MUCH more reliable than Bluetooth. And cheaper. Nonsense. Nothing wrong with BT technology. Even cheap mouses by branded tech companies fine.
August 15, 20233 yr 2 minutes ago, Kenny202 said: I don't mind a wired mouse but takes up a USB port. I guess I could get a splitter or adapter Or a new PC! 555
August 15, 20233 yr 1 minute ago, KannikaP said: Or a new PC! 555 New machines have fewer USB A ports. Old technology.
August 15, 20233 yr Just now, Kenny202 said: I don't mind a wired mouse but takes up a USB port. I guess I could get a splitter or adapter Yes, I installed a USB expansion card, now have 9 ports.... Whilst am here, try opening Device Manager, scroll down to mouse, open it up, see if anything has an exclamation mark which indicates a problem....
August 15, 20233 yr 1 minute ago, transam said: try opening Device Manager, scroll down to mouse, open it up, see if anything has an exclamation mark which indicates a problem.... I already pointed out that he should delete the driver. Indicates a problem... Well, unless that problem has some sort of exclamation point next to it he's not going to know the difference between the problem and his elbow
August 15, 20233 yr Author 5 minutes ago, Seamaster said: Do not do ANYTHING with the BIOS In control panel.../mouse Button - switch primary secondary deselected, speed medium!! Clicklock off. If that didn't work... Physically remove mouse. In control panel delete any program mouse related OEM or otherwise. Then, on to devices and printers. Delete all mouses. Now, go into the device manager (control panel) and delete the driver. Reboot. Try the USB mouse first. If that didn't work. Run sfc. I use three mouses on my win11 notebook w no issues Before I did the latest system update....there was a section in devices / mouse you could go and change pinter speed etc. Seems to have all changed. In control panel.../mouse Button - switch primary secondary deselected, speed medium!! Clicklock off. This sounds like it maybe be the problem. Its like its not a fast single click. More like a long or double click. I just can't find the clickoff off button or tab?
August 15, 20233 yr 1 minute ago, Seamaster said: New machines have fewer USB A ports. Old technology. Some of us like old tech, we are used to it, and don't do drag racing on a PC, or buy an upgrade that we don't need, we leave all that to the folk who feel undressed if a smartphone isn't stuck to their hand, are you one of those.....? ????
August 15, 20233 yr Author 11 minutes ago, Seamaster said: Do not do ANYTHING with the BIOS In control panel.../mouse Button - switch primary secondary deselected, speed medium!! Clicklock off. If that didn't work... Physically remove mouse. In control panel delete any program mouse related OEM or otherwise. Then, on to devices and printers. Delete all mouses. Now, go into the device manager (control panel) and delete the driver. Reboot. Try the USB mouse first. If that didn't work. Run sfc. I use three mouses on my win11 notebook w no issues I see now, clicklock (hard to find deep menu dive) is already off. Also has an adjustment for double click speed which is set to slow but this doesn't seem to make much difference or swaps one issue for another
August 15, 20233 yr Just now, Kenny202 said: I see now, clicklock (hard to find deep menu dive) is already off. Also has an adjustment for double click speed which is set to slow but this doesn't seem to make much difference or swaps one issue for another Ok, just see the settings are as I describe if that didn't solve the problem move on to deleting the drivers and sw
August 15, 20233 yr Author 8 minutes ago, transam said: Yes, I installed a USB expansion card, now have 9 ports.... Whilst am here, try opening Device Manager, scroll down to mouse, open it up, see if anything has an exclamation mark which indicates a problem.... Mouse in device and drivers says operating correctly
August 15, 20233 yr 1 minute ago, Kenny202 said: Mouse in device and drivers says operating correctly Delete. The OS is stupid. W11 will reinstall
August 15, 20233 yr 1 minute ago, Seamaster said: Ok, just see the settings are as I describe if that didn't solve the problem move on to deleting the drivers and sw Usually, unplugging the mouse receiver and then re-plugging it will sort you out.
August 15, 20233 yr Just now, Seamaster said: Delete. The OS is stupid. W11 will reinstall Delete ALL the drivers and sw and then reboot. No half measures.
Create an account or sign in to comment