Savanakhet multi O wife current situation

Hi all,

Maybe planning a visit to Savanakhet thai consulate after tomorow for a non-o multiple. Wife and kids will not come with me.

Does required documents list changed compare to pre-covid times?

I have to add I was on yearly non-o extension last three years. Could it make a bad impression (changing modus of legally staying).

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Joratewitch said:

I have to add I was on yearly non-o extension last three years. Could it make a bad impression (changing modus of legally staying).

I don't think it is of any concern. I had been on marriage extensions for a few years when the UK embassy stopped the income letter. I didn't have enough transfers for an extension so just went to HCMC for ME non O, not a problem.

Sod's law, 7 months later I was back on 12 month extension as I couldn't leave the country due to covid.

• Love It 1

18 hours ago, Joratewitch said:

required documents list

There was a little coffee/cafe across the street.  I think for 100 baht or so filled in and organised all your paperwork to hand in. 

It's convienant, especially without your Thai speaking wife around to assist you.

Have a Safe trip! 

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Love It 1

3 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

There was a little coffee/cafe across the street.  I think for 100 baht or so filled in and organised all your paperwork to hand in. 

It's convienant, especially without your Thai speaking wife around to assist you.

Have a Safe trip! 

Thank you! I have used their service three consecutive years before covid time. Hope still here :).

Driving to Mukdahan tonight, let's see tomorrow morning!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi, thanks for the different comments. I just made my application today for non-o. Nothing special or new regarding the documents required. Don't forget the originals, a nice guy just before me in the queue was denied, no original documents.

And DO NOT GO on Thursday like me. Many people, most on agency visa runs. I arrived around 07:30 at the ambassy and get out at 11:40 ... ???? hard

On 8/17/2023 at 4:16 PM, Joratewitch said:

Hi, thanks for the different comments. I just made my application today for non-o. Nothing special or new regarding the documents required. Don't forget the originals, a nice guy just before me in the queue was denied, no original documents.

And DO NOT GO on Thursday like me. Many people, most on agency visa runs. I arrived around 07:30 at the ambassy and get out at 11:40 ... ???? hard

Did they ask for an updated marriage certificate.  Kor Ror 2

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

My second post has links to recent threads..

Give them a read..

I have checked amd posted a question about it 2 days ago. There was a reply that someone was asked for one last weeks although the consulate info and other posts say it is not required.

7 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

I have checked amd posted a question about it 2 days ago. There was a reply that someone was asked for one last weeks although the consulate info and other posts say it is not required.

I have never read it's required.

Having stated that you are applying outside of Thailand.

For me , I would pack the kitchen sink..

Kor Ror 2 is easy to obtain.

• Like 1