BKK Hotel

oxo1947

Hi Guys---- I have lived Thailand 27 years so have visited BKK numerous times, but usually stay in --the more seedier parts.

Daughter and her Partner arriving in late Dec for 4 days (in their 40s) . Looking for a nicer residence--- central as they would like to visit some roof top bars.

So around the 2- 3K a night.

And things to do - They are here at a week-end so Chatuchak  Market will kill one day-(and probably me)--also looking at electric scooter tour for one morning (it used to be Segway's I guess they have cheapened it down) Wife also wants to ask the Loto numbers from the newest and largest Buddha Just built.

But still some spare time--so any thoughts on hotel + recreation--- thanks.

Oh yer also have to do new years night in Ho Chi Minn city with them, something I usually sleep through--But who knows how many more of them I got , so will do----have not been there for a long time ..anyone visited lately  (Hotel--places to shop/visit ??) 

Thanks

Phra Buddha Dhammakaya Thep Mongkol - biggest / newest  Buddha statue in Bangkok.

image.jpeg.792a7363b4116050fac907496950a0a9.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bignok said:

Ibis riverside. Not seedy, great views.

Not central at all. Other side of the river in Thonburi. For a couple out to enjoy Bangkok I am not big on the Dynasty either as has been pointed out. Check out the Oakwood, on Sathorn within walking distance of Taksin BTS station. 

• Confused 2

17 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Yeah, good shout, it's not seedy there at all - lol.

But its not seedy there in Soi 6, very quiet ime, but if you want the seediness just walk out the Soi into Soi 4 and bobs your uncle but if you walk the other way out of soi 6 onto sukumvit, its everyday life with the Sky train to get you about.

Well thats my story and i'm sticking to it lol

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, marin said:

Not central at all. Other side of the river in Thonburi. For a couple out to enjoy Bangkok I am not big on the Dynasty either as has been pointed out. Check out the Oakwood, on Sathorn within walking distance of Taksin BTS station. 

Central to what? Seedy nightlife?

Icon Siam is the best shopping centre in the city just down the road. Catch boat to Wat Arun.

Probably the best location entire city for food, views and value. 

Some people have no idea.

Edited by bignok

3 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

But its not seedy there in Soi 6, very quiet ime, but if you want the seediness just walk out the Soi into Soi 4 and bobs your uncle but if you walk the other way out of soi 6 onto sukumvit, its everyday life with the Sky train to get you about.

Well thats my story and i'm sticking to it lol

Sukhumvit not seedy 555

42 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

Hi Guys---- I have lived Thailand 27 years so have visited BKK numerous times, but usually stay in --the more seedier parts.

Daughter and her Partner arriving in late Dec for 4 days (in their 40s) . Looking for a nicer residence--- central as they would like to visit some roof top bars.

So around the 2- 3K a night.

And things to do - They are here at a week-end so Chatuchak  Market will kill one day-(and probably me)--also looking at electric scooter tour for one morning (it used to be Segway's I guess they have cheapened it down) Wife also wants to ask the Loto numbers from the newest and largest Buddha Just built.

But still some spare time--so any thoughts on hotel + recreation--- thanks.

Oh yer also have to do new years night in Ho Chi Minn city with them, something I usually sleep through--But who knows how many more of them I got , so will do----have not been there for a long time ..anyone visited lately  (Hotel--places to shop/visit ??) 

Thanks

Phra Buddha Dhammakaya Thep Mongkol - biggest / newest  Buddha statue in Bangkok.

image.jpeg.792a7363b4116050fac907496950a0a9.jpeg

My choice would be Centrepoint Silom  via AGODA.  45 sq.m. with a river view. A couple of minutes walk to Saphan Taksin  BTS and also Sathorn pier for the River taxis. Atop Robinson Bangrak department store and a TOPS supermarket and far away from any sleaze. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bignok said:

You must be wide 

Don’t be ridiculous. 21 sq.m. is tiny. For a couple, only really suitable for a place to sleep. Not really convenient. Would take twelve minutes to walk to the closest BTS, as opposed to perhaps three minutes from Centrepoint Silom. 

• Confused 1

I agree the OP is having family coming I would never put them up between 1 and 20 with all the street walkers, black guys harassing people, drunks and filthy massage shops.

Look for something from the highway going toward SIam.  Chidlom, Ploenchit, Siam areas are away from the main seedy areas.  They also may enjoy Chinatown and a boat ride to Iconsiam mall, Asiatique.

Edited by bkk6060

29 minutes ago, marin said:

Similarly small rooms….

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I agree the OP is having family coming I would never put them up between 1 and 20 with all the street walkers, black guys harassing people, drunks and filthy massage shops.

Look for something from the highway going toward SIam.  Chidlom, Ploenchit, Siam areas are away from the main seedy areas.  They also may enjoy Chinatown and a boat ride to Iconsiam mall, Asiatique.

I think he wanted an actual hotel recommendation….

58 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I would recco the Dynasty Grande in Soi 6 Sukumvit

Couldn't get much nearer to the red-light district without actually staying in Soi 4!   

The Landmark is right on the BTS's doorstep.  Holiday Inn Express in Soi 11 would fit the bill also as would the Ruamchit Hotel between Soi 13 and 15. 

14 minutes ago, NextG said:

Don’t be ridiculous. 21 sq.m. is tiny. For a couple, only really suitable for a place to sleep. Not really convenient. Would take twelve minutes to walk to the closest BTS, as opposed to perhaps three minutes from Centrepoint Silom. 

12 mins big deal. I can walk for 5 hours. 

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, bignok said:

12 mins big deal. I can walk for 5 hours. 

Yeah… but this thread isn’t about you. Couple might prefer to not have to walk an extra ten minutes in the heat for no extra benefit. Adding insult to injury after being cooped up in a 21 sq.m. box. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1