BKK Hotel

oxo1947

38 minutes ago, Sigmund said:

Interesting topic and answers but amazing how some people cannot respond without being rude.

Sad, lonely and broke drunks probably ?

50%+ of the posters are like that on every topic. 

I doubt most get out much. I put 20 on ignore. Just too negative.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, NextG said:

You stayed at the Landmark in Bangkok whilst working in Pakistan… Why would that information be useful to ANYONE and how, in your opinion, does it fit the criteria of perhaps avoiding lower Sukhumvit?

Ditto Stable Lodge…. Still lower Sukhumvit. 400 metres off the main road doesn’t make it better, you’d still need to go to the main road ????????‍♂️ In addition, perhaps not somewhere that would be impressive to a 40+ couple on their first visit. Fine for those on a tight budget who need to be on Sukhumvit. They don’t. 
I made no comment with regard to your Sai Gon suggestion. 

Yes I stayed at Landmark hotel, because TG had 3 flights per day so my Pakistan work was fast in/out. I only mention it, because Landmark was nice. But value for money I preferred Stable Lodge, which was a horrific 10% from the budget and thereby you decide it is rubbish.

It was just my inputs, but I guess today I learned what a troll is and now I need to learn to stop feeding the troll who wish to answer all posts.

Is soi 8 sleazy? or what you call it?

Edited by THEN

Just now, THEN said:

Yes I stayed at Landmark hotel, because TG had 3 flights per day so my Pakistan work was fast in/out. I only mention it, because Landmark was nice. But value for money I preferred Stable Lodge, which was a horrific 10% from the budget and thereby you decide it is rubbish.

It was just my inputs, but I guess today I learned what a troll is and now I need to learn to stop feeding the troll who wish to answer all posts.

Is soi 8 sleazy? or what you call it?

I think we can all mention nice hotels outside the budget and criteria, but then that just clogs up the thread with useless posts… oh wait…

Exactly. There are perhaps two or three useful suggestions throughout the whole thread and the OP has to wade through it all. Pity. 

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, THEN said:

I have stayed over 300 nights at Landmark while working in Pakistan.

The Landmark is doing a major remodel right now of their various ground floor commercial areas...  Don't know that that's directly impacting their rooms... But the whole front of the hotel is boarded up right now... And I'm not sure they're in the OP's requested price range, anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NextG said:

I think we can all mention nice hotels outside the budget and criteria, but then that just clogs up the thread with useless posts… oh wait…

Exactly. There are perhaps two or three useful suggestions throughout the whole thread and the OP has to wade through it all. Pity. 

You sir, stands for 33% of all posts, so if the OP has left the topic, then you are most likely a big contributor to this.? How many of your posts had any value to OP or anybody?

15 minutes ago, THEN said:

You sir, stands for 33% of all posts, so if the OP has left the topic, then you are most likely a big contributor to this.? How many of your posts had any value to OP or anybody?

If at least one, that’s good enough. Thank you for asking. I think Centrepoint Silom by the riverside is the best overall. Spacious, luxurious, excellent travel connections; both by river and via BTS. 
Sukhumvit is just inner city and it would be inconvenient to reach the old city from there. 

11 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

What do you think is a better location? 

Answered above. But any suggestion that fits the criteria given is worthy of consideration. 
River travel/access is a ‘must’ for anyone visiting Bangkok. Sukhumvit isn’t really. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

If at least one, that’s good enough. Thank you for asking. I think Centrepoint Silom by the riverside is the best overall. Spacious, luxurious, excellent travel connections; both by river and via BTS. 
Sukhumvit is just inner city and it would be inconvenient to reach the old city from there. 

Yes, but OP also mention the couple would like to visit roof top bars = near Sukhumwit was just a suggestion from my side. And Soi 8 is not sleazy if you ask me, if they want to stay in Bangkok, then it is value for money close to BTS.
All in all I dont understand why you have to make so many comments, since you are not the OP. Let OP answer and try to make valid posts.

Answered above. But any suggestion that fits the criteria given is worthy of consideration. 
River travel/access is a ‘must’ for anyone visiting Bangkok. Sukhumvit isn’t really. 

That's hilarious. 

Perhaps some disregarded this…

Looking for a nicer residence--- central as they would like to visit some roof top bars”. 

They sound like people who would like to have a special experience. Not stuck in the middle of an urban centre with no views. 
River view, river access, spacious luxurious accommodation, excellent transport links… 

This is the man’s daughter. He wants the best for her…. within budget. 

5 minutes ago, NextG said:

Perhaps some disregarded this…

Looking for a nicer residence--- central as they would like to visit some roof top bars”. 

They sound like people who would like to have a special experience. Not stuck in the middle of an urban centre with no views. 
River view, river access, spacious luxurious accommodation, excellent transport links… 

This is the man’s daughter. He wants the best for her…. within budget. 

It's a four-day visit, with one of them spent (for whatever reason) at Chatuchak Market. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, THEN said:

Yes, but OP also mention the couple would like to visit roof top bars = near Sukhumwit was just a suggestion from my side. And Soi 8 is not sleazy if you ask me, if they want to stay in Bangkok, then it is value for money close to BTS.
All in all I dont understand why you have to make so many comments, since you are not the OP. Let OP answer and try to make valid posts.

It’s obviously not close to BTS if it’s 400 metres down a Soi… The nearest station is NANA. Is NANA know for it’s salubrious surroundings? It seems you know if just two properties and want to insist on pushing them no matter what. 

Which rooftop bar do you recommend? Moon Bar at Banyan Tree? Sky Bar at Lebua? Sky Bar a short walk from Centrepoint Silom. No need for even a taxi. Moon Bar easier to access than from Sukhumvit. I actually know Bangkok, as opposed to just staying at two hotels hundreds of times…

12 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

It's a four-day visit, with one of them spent (for whatever reason) at Chatuchak Market. 

All the more reason to be situated in a place with excellent transport links. There is no benefit to staying on Sukhumvit. None. River travel and experience is essential part of being in Bangkok. Can easily access the Old City and attractions. Breakfast at the Oriental or Shangri-la. Even down to the Khaosan road for a look ???? All easily accessible by river and cheaply. Perhaps 15 baht per trip. 

All the more reason to be situated in a place with excellent transport links. There is no benefit to staying on Sukhumvit. None. River travel and experience is essential part of being in Bangkok. Can easily access the Old City and attractions. Breakfast at the Oriental or Shangri-la. Even down to the Khaosan road for a look ???? All easily accessible by river and cheaply. Perhaps 15 baht per trip. 

People looking at cheaper hotels are going for breakfast at the Oriental or Shangri-la? Does the Centerpoint not include breakfast?

Siam Siam Square is on the BTS Silom & Sukhumvit lines, one (or two) station from the airport link. Walk to Paragon, Siam Center, Siam Square One...

21 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

People looking at cheaper hotels are going for breakfast at the Oriental or Shangri-la? Does the Centerpoint not include breakfast?

Siam Siam Square is on the BTS Silom & Sukhumvit lines, one (or two) station from the airport link. Walk to Paragon, Siam Center, Siam Square One...

Sorry, but is Bangkok just a series of malls to you? What about all the other things that I mentioned? 
They will have convenient BTS access AND river access. You obviously haven’t had breakfast at the Verandah(Oriental). It’s all part of the Bangkok experience, rather than just going from mall to mall. 

They have riverboat access to ICONSIAM 
and BTS access to the malls that you mentioned. So they aren’t missing out, they actually have more options. 
Either way, anything that fits the OP’s criteria, should be welcome. Any fine tuning discussions are up to us. Of course better if we state our cases, as it will help the OP to communicate it to his daughter. 
As they say… “it’s all good”. 

Edited by NextG

53 minutes ago, NextG said:

River travel and experience is essential part of being in Bangkok. 

Did OP say his guests are experienced in Bangkok?

OP has a lot of experience, but let him answer? whether your river travel plans and experience level suits his guests or not.

16 minutes ago, THEN said:

OP has a lot of experience, but let him answer? whether your river travel plans and experience level suits his guests or not.

That’s exactly what I’m doing. Stating my case and letting them decide. It’s you who seems to have a problem with it, not the OP. 

42 minutes ago, THEN said:

You should learn to read and comprehend before you embarrass yourself. 
The ‘experience’ of seeing Bangkok via the waterways. Not being an experienced  person ????????‍♂️☺️

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

You should learn to read and comprehend before you embarrass yourself. 
The ‘experience’ of seeing Bangkok via the waterways. Not being an experienced  person ????????‍♂️☺️

Sure, it is almost mandatory on a 4 day Bangkok trip for a couple in the mid 40s.
Now you comment OP's thread as we = I can only wish you guys a great trip.

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

That's hilarious. 

Explain the hilarity involved. That your suggestion is hilarious because it’s also not within budget or that you think that travelling Bangkok by river is not an essential part of any real travellers to Bangkok… and the mere suggestion is hilarious? I’m missing the ‘funny’ part. 

Just now, THEN said:

Sure, it is almost mandatory on a 4 day Bangkok trip for a couple in the mid 40s.
Now you comment OP's thread as we = I can only wish you guys a great trip.

100% is should be part of their trip. If you don’t do it, you haven’t experienced Bangkok. I’m not talking about single males looking for easy women. I’m referring to people who actually want to experience the essence of Bangkok. 

20 minutes ago, NextG said:

But we wanted something more than just a hotel room. 

Seems like OP has found an expert guide. But strange OP is not replying? And basically waste of of other peoples time to give input, if you already had a fixed plan.

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

100% is should be part of their trip. If you don’t do it, you haven’t experienced Bangkok. I’m not talking about single males looking for easy women. I’m referring to people who actually want to experience the essence of Bangkok. 

On a 4 day trip it is mandatory - according to OP/topic?

Sure if OP and guests has time for that and a brilliant host like yourself.

2 hours ago, NextG said:

River travel and experience is essential part of being in Bangkok.

You're entitled to your opinion.

But in all my many past tourist years in Bangkok (before now living here for many years), I spent far more time in the Silom to Sukhumvit to OnNut areas than I ever did along the river. And I had quite a good time doing so.

The river attractions are fine for a visit or occasional stay... But hardly an essential endpoint destination to stay while visiting Bangkok... unless you're just into big dirty rivers.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You're entitled to your opinion.

But in all my many past tourist years in Bangkok (before now living here for many years), I spent far more time in the Silom to Sukhumvit to OnNut areas than I ever did along the river. And I had quite a good time doing so.

The river attractions are fine for a visit or occasional stay... But hardly an essential endpoint destination to stay while visiting Bangkok... unless you're just into big dirty rivers.

Exactly. Single male with other interests no doubt. 
You agree that they are fine for a visit or occasional stay, which is exactly what they are doing ????

One day at Chatuchak. Another exploring Bangkok by boat. Another day exploring the malls. Why would they stay at On Nut? It’s just nonsensical. River location is iconic for Bangkok. If you don’t know that then you don’t know anything. 

• Sad 1