BKK Hotel

oxo1947

14 hours ago, NextG said:

Exactly. Single male with other interests no doubt. 
You agree that they are fine for a visit or occasional stay, which is exactly what they are doing ????

One day at Chatuchak. Another exploring Bangkok by boat. Another day exploring the malls. Why would they stay at On Nut? It’s just nonsensical. River location is iconic for Bangkok. If you don’t know that then you don’t know anything. 

I'm married with kids, my both sisters are married, one has kids, brother's married with kids, they all loved Novotel Siam Square. 

Entertained people visiting our Thailand plant for twenty years and they most all loved it. Plenty to see and do withing walking distance. 

The gash-hounds I put in the Landmark or Centerpoint Terminal 21. 

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I'm married with kids, my both sisters are married, one has kids, brother's married with kids, they all loved Novotel Siam Square. 

Entertained people visiting our Thailand plant for twenty years and they most all loved it. Plenty to see and do withing walking distance. 

The gash-hounds I put in the Landmark or Centerpoint Terminal 21. 

I don’t disagree with the SIAM Square area being a base. I used to direct people to Siam Square on occasion too. But I think the Centrepoint Silom/Bangrak area is better overall. Plus, I don’t want to put too fine a point on it, but the Novotel is way over budget anyway.
Siam Square area perhaps good for a couple of days. But they can easily get there and Chatuchak via BTS, so they won’t be missing out on anything. Plus they’ll have the bonus of easy and beautiful access to the Old City attractions, including the Khaosan Road. 

Thanks for the feed back from everyone---- As pointed out, I could scan the pages of Google/Agoda etc for reports , but they are mainly from foreign visitors who do not know BKK well. Also I would never have got any feed back from those sites about the type of area-- if a visitor is in a more seedy type area then they are likely to think all of BKK is that way---if they weren't , then they would probably wonder what all that fuss they have read about was. 

Thanks again-----helpful much.....:coffee1: