Address Registration when returning from an overseas trip - I have a long term visa extension for retirement

In advance, I apologize for asking this, because I know I have seen the answer to this question on this forum within the year.  I did several searches on this website and got over 27,000 answers but not the answer to my question.

I'm about 99% sure that immigration changed the rules / law that states that if you have a long term visa (B, O, Retirement, etc.) you do not have to re-register your residency each and every time you take a trip to another province or to another country as long as you have a re-entry permit.   I believe this rule/law was officially amended in 2020 and the office document was published somewhere on this forum.

Would someone publish this amendment again for me?

The Phuket volunteer website states the below, but it's not really "official". 

The address registration is not required (after initial registration) when moving around inside Thailand or returning back to Thailand using a multiple entry visa or re-entry permit.

Thank you very much for your help.  I'm leaving the country in a few months since Covid and would like to get the official version.  I've left the province a few times and not re-registered my address, but leaving the country is a bigger journey.

Thanks again, I appreciate it.

When I returned in June, back to my same address, and with Re-Entry Permit for Retirement Visa, I was told when I went to do my TM30, that it was not needed as I was coming ack to the same address.  Nothing given in writing.  This was  Phayao Immigration.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Is explained in the OP of this thread.

The rules for TM30 changed June 2020.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1169664-thai-immigration-announce-changes-to-tm30-reporting/

Thanks.  I knew I saw it here.  Much Appreciated.

I printed it out and put it in my immigration book.   Earlier this year one of the newbies at the renewal desk (Room 103 for Phuketians). told me I had to renew my address every 3 years no matter what.  "It was required"  I knew that wasn't right.  I hadn't even left the province in 3 years because of Covid (I didn't count Krabi and Phang Nga as leaving...it's not really leaving is it?)   What a big hassle with everyone including my landlady.  When I finally got back to immigration the senior guy said I didn't have to.  What a waste of time and stress.

Anyway, thanks,  I will keep this with me whenever I go to immigration.   CYA.

16 minutes ago, LivingNThailand said:

When I finally got back to immigration the senior guy said I didn't have to.  What a waste of time and stress.

As a word of warning to others..

As usual not all immigration offices follow the rules.

Vaguely recall CM still sticking with old law. 

This is far to common in Thailand so folk always need to keep an eye on their own immigration office.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Officially no TM30 notification is needed after returning to Thailand with a re-entry permit. However, be warned that some Immigration offices make up their own rules about when a fresh TM30 notification is required.

I take the law change in and show them, printed it out in Thai and Englsih, they love that!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, proton said:

I take the law change in and show them, printed it out in Thai and Englsih, they love that!

Yes, it is well known that Thai officials love to lose face by being shown they are not applying the rules correctly.

9 minutes ago, proton said:

Where do you get the Thai version?  And I don't care if it bothers them. 

What they put me through in March was awful.  Put me in a room with about 1,000 Russians wanting to avoid the draft and trying to get 7 day extensions, 7 days at a time.  Shouting and yelling, what a bunch of BS.   Here I am a law-abiding senior citizen living in the same place for 8 years and supporting the local economy during covid......  Sorry, I'm ranting now.   Just nice to have documentation to support my cause.  We are all in this together....????  If you have a link to the Thai version that would be nice too.   

you all have a good evening.

1 hour ago, LivingNThailand said:

Where do you get the Thai version?  And I don't care if it bothers them. 

What they put me through in March was awful.  Put me in a room with about 1,000 Russians wanting to avoid the draft and trying to get 7 day extensions, 7 days at a time.  Shouting and yelling, what a bunch of BS.   Here I am a law-abiding senior citizen living in the same place for 8 years and supporting the local economy during covid......  Sorry, I'm ranting now.   Just nice to have documentation to support my cause.  We are all in this together....????  If you have a link to the Thai version that would be nice too.   

you all have a good evening.

Downloaded it off here, must be still around