Thaksin to get extra security and “adequate conveniences” while in prison

webfact

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

And dsiplays yet again that he has no respect for the law. He was tried in a proper court several times (NOT a military kangaroo court) and found guilty (plenty of evidence made public at the time) and sentenced to jail.

He's a convicted criminal, a con-man, why is he now receiving special treatment? 

He was removed in a military coup and charged during a military junta. 

Tell me, who was respecting the law again? ????

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Homburg said:

This is certainly more entertaining than Thai soaps!  If he returns, then unless he's having a breakdown (could be?), I would expect that he has a "deal" and this is not a brown envelope deal - brown envelopes don't come big enough!  Maybe he can pressure someone who can ensure his freedom.  I shall not speculate on whom that might be, but the list of potential "benefactors" is extremely short.  Perhaps it's not what you know, nor even who you know, but it's what you know (and can prove) about who you know!   I'm on the edge of my seat awaiting the next thrilling instalment! 

Yes, it’s nothing to do with money, he’s a very rich man. 
He would be stark raving mad to come back to prison , and mad he definitely is not.  I think a lot of people here are clutching at straws with their predictions..

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/21/2023 at 5:36 AM, bendejo said:

And if they decide to welch on the deal and lock him away Monte Christo-style what is he going to do about it, other than hope his lawyers get it into court?

Then the people he did the deal with will not get paid and I'm sure he knows where all the bodies are buried.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/21/2023 at 2:24 AM, webfact said:

Regarding the issue of comfort, Wissanu wants Thaksin to be provided with appropriate comfort for someone who is over 70 years of age and ailing, said Aryut.

I haven't heard that the Department of Corrections and Immigration have been extending those same kinds of comforts to older farangs incarcerated in Thai prisons and/or Immigration's Detention Centers... unless sleeping en masse on crowded concrete floors is considered a "comfort."

Some troll posts in violation of our Forum Rules have been removed.

4. You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any member of the Thai royal family whether living or deceased. You will not criticize the monarchy as an institution. Speculation, comments or discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing His Majesty The King of Thailand or the Thai royal family. You will not link to or discuss any website which contravenes this ru

• 2 weeks later...