The EEC agenda for the next government

webfact

image.jpeg

The new government will face serious challenges in accelerating the development of the country’s flagship Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC), which was launched with the vision of creating a next-generation growth area.

The EEC was launched in 2018 by the first Prayut Chan-o-cha government and further developed during Prayut’s second term in office. The EEC covers three provinces, namely Chonburi, Rayong and Chachoengsao on the eastern coast of the country, and aims to realize the Thailand 4.0 strategy to promote sustainable economic growth.

The EEC was developed as follow-up to the previous largest development project, known as Eastern Seaboard Development Program (ESB), initiated by former prime minister Prem Tinsulanonda’s government in 1982.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/the-eec-agenda-for-the-next-government/

-- Thai PBS 2023-08-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

They did open the highway from the 7 to Ban Chang area.  But, that is about it from what I have seen.

The non developed areas are very nice open space, some rolling hills, etc.  Perfect for planned industry, houses, golf courses plenty of land.  But, I will probably be dead before it gets interesting.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JoePai said:

5 years ago and basically nothing has been done

They have built a lot of Infrastructure in the form of Roads up and down the Eastern Seaboard

I guess they will be useful to move all the War Toys around easily when the Country gets invaded