Nattawut Ends His Role as Pheu Thai Family Director

webfact

Well, he may be in for a surprise tomorrow and then we’ll see where he ends up going. Nothing is set in stone yet, ha, not even sand, so we can all just sit back and watch the show with him tomorrow. 

26 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

What is a "family director" for a political group?

I've also asked myself what such a title means. Somehow evokes thoughts of italian mafia families.

But good on him for quitting. Enough is enough it seems. PT has become a shadow of its past and just a thinly veiled vehicle for Thaksin to return to Thailand everything else be damned.

Edited by eisfeld
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, eisfeld said:

I've also asked myself what such a title means. Somehow evokes thoughts of italian mafia families.

But good on him for quitting. Enough is enough it seems. PT has become a shadow of its past and just a thinly veiled vehicle for Thaksin to return to Thailand everything else be damned.

OK but I wouldn't give natawut high marks for ethics or morals. His purpose has always been his own enrichment. Not exactly a pleasant man.

Edited by scorecard

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

OK but I wouldn't give natawut high marks for ethics or morals. His purpose has always been his own enrichment. Not exactly a pleasant man.

If even these high ranking PT members are turning away... I think it signifies the magnitude of the situation.

37 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

If even these high ranking PT members are turning away... I think it signifies the magnitude of the situation.

I disagree but I wish I didn't.

The red shirt leaders/ activists were always aware of the criticism that they were just paid employees or followers of Thaksin who decided everything significant in PT.

They justified their allegiance by saying the heart of the red shirt movement was democracy, advancing the public's interests, and, so long as Thaksin demonstrated democratic credentials, they would remain with him.

Now that Thaksin has sided with the coup supporters, they really have no choice but to resign. Hopefully their red will gradually take on an orange tinge.

But for the rank and file red shirts, those living on the breadline, politics may take a back seat to bread and butter issues.

For them, handouts and a rise in living standards may be all that matters.

I hope I'm wrong 

21 minutes ago, bannork said:

I disagree but I wish I didn't.

The red shirt leaders/ activists were always aware of the criticism that they were just paid employees or followers of Thaksin who decided everything significant in PT.

They justified their allegiance by saying the heart of the red shirt movement was democracy, advancing the public's interests, and, so long as Thaksin demonstrated democratic credentials, they would remain with him.

Now that Thaksin has sided with the coup supporters, they really have no choice but to resign. Hopefully their red will gradually take on an orange tinge.

But for the rank and file red shirts, those living on the breadline, politics may take a back seat to bread and butter issues.

For them, handouts and a rise in living standards may be all that matters.

I hope I'm wrong 

I think we might actually agree. I'm just saying if the red shirt leaders are turning away from Thaksin because of the sellout to their political opponents then that shows how divisive and significant this move is. And I also agree there will be always the big part of the population which is just living day to day and don't understand the long term effects and dynamics of a system. They'll take a short term gain in form of a handout over no immediate gain but a bigger long term improvement. They'll be stuck in poverty.

On 8/21/2023 at 11:32 AM, webfact said:

image.jpeg

BANGKOK, August 21 (TNA) – Pheu Thai family director Nattawut Saikuar has announced to end his role as the Pheu Thai family director after the Pheu Thai party decided to join forces with pro-military parties to form a coalition government.

He officially announced during an online program this morning as the Pheu Thai party has planned to hold a press brief on the formation of its prospective coalition government later today.

He emphasized that he was stepping down from the role but stopped short of using the term “resignation” since it's not an official position in the party structure.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1226004

-- TNA-MCOT 2023-08-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Further posts reveal the party has no position of 'Family Director', it was an invention of who else - Natawut!