Trump surrenders for historic fourth arrest

Social Media

5 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I have no expectation you will understand the difference even if this means anything to you

Cult is a term, in most contexts pejorative, for a relatively small group which is typically led by a charismatic and self-appointed leader, who excessively controls its members, requiring unwavering devotion to a set of beliefs and practices which are considered deviant (outside the norms of society).

OK, so the difference between Trump and Biden is that Trump is a "Charismatic" leader and Biden isnt , so that makes Trump supporters a cult and Bidens supporters not a cult ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Incorrect. But you're not fooling anyone. You will never accept that Trump leads a political cult movement no matter what evidence is presented. Typical really of Trump cultists that believe he won in 2020 regardless of absolutely NO EVIDENCE.

You're really wasting people's time with game playing.

IMO, Some people just use the word "cult" as a derogatory term .

"Evidence" seems to be an important issue for you . so what evidence do you have to make the claim of Trumps being a "cult"

Here is the definition of what a cult is , where does Trump fit in to the definition of the word ?

: a small religious group that is not part of a larger and more accepted religion and that has beliefs regarded by many people as extreme or dangerous
  • a satanic cult
  • cult members

: a situation in which people admire and care about something or someone very much or too much
  • He criticizes the way journalists promote the cult of celebrity in modern America. [=the tendency of people to care too much about famous people]
  • a cult of personality = a personality cult

: a small group of very devoted supporters or fans
  • a cult of admirers
  • She has developed a cult following.

formal : a system of religious beliefs and rituals
  • an ancient fertility cult

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, candide said:

You are assuming they may be rational. Remember Pizzagate....

Poll: 46 Percent Of Trump Voters Believe ‘Pizzagate’ Theory

https://dcist.com/story/16/12/28/poll/

As I sit here trying to think of a better way to eat my BigMac because of the sliding bun problem I realize that changes only occur from the top. For example  Never has a citizen walked into a bank with an idea and the bank says yep well implement that. So, change to voting would only ever come from the top. Its not in their interest to have votes public checkable. It will never happen.  Just my crazy idea. 

• Confused 3

19 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

The thing is though, you're looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist

People charged and trespassed voilently into a government building. Think more broadly.  My idea of open voting isn't to support Trump and have it over turned to Trump's favour. Its to avoid people's musunderstanding of the voting system so as to avoid future problems of any  suspicion that voting is inaccurate for everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

People charged and trespassed voilently into a government building. Think more broadly.  My idea of open voting isn't to support Trump and have it over turned to Trump's favour. Its to avoid people's musunderstanding of the voting system so as to avoid future problems of any  suspicion that voting is inaccurate for everyone. 

Can you explain how this "open voting" works?  How can it provide evidence every vote was correctly registered and counted better than the current system of audits by independent parties without compromising the sanctity of the secret ballot?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

There are mechanisms in place to ensure the integrity of the voting system. Trump is finding that out now. That people are suspicious is their problem. If they have evidence they can present it anytime.

Yes,  The main problem is there is no evidence,  for example someone gets shot in a house.  Then police are told they cannot go inside the house.  Then there will be no evidence. Supply a free and open environment so that evidence can be found. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Can you explain how this "open voting" works?  How can it provide evidence every vote was correctly registered and counted better than the current system of audits by independent parties without compromising the sanctity of the secret ballot?

The database of votes is accessible to everyone. 

Database will have id number for each voter.  Password for each id number.  You can see everyones votes that agreed to public exhibition. Private can only see their own vote. 

Encryption and block chain technology ensures safety and reliability.  

Edited by TimeMachine
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

That's not a great analogy. It assumes that something has actually happened and no investigation is allowed.

That's not the case here - no one is saying that investigations into election fraud cannot be done. They have been done (as mentioned  two of them were even commissioned by Trump himself).

A better analogy would be that the police receive reports of a shooting in a house. They enter the house, do a thorough investigation and find that absolutely no evidence that anyone was shot, exists in that house.

Its not possible to go to court to check if my wifes vote has been counted corrrectly.  Not possible to ask for her ballot paper back and ask who counted it and where it was entered.  Instead the path of the votes is used as evidence which may be enough evidence to prove to some,  but those who want to see those details simply can't in the current system. Instead the path of all votes is seen to have been passed through 3rd party unbiased people. Not such a bad system, but there is better.

39 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

You really need to stop beating a drum that only you can hear.

The 'voter problem' has nothing to do with how it works, how it's set up, how its administered or it's overall integrity; it's entirely from Trump and his minions being REALLY bad losers and getting enough of their followers to believe his nonsense.

And we have people like yourself who may not have neccesserily drunk all of the koolaid but who have been influenced enough to think there's a problem. There's no problem. Nothing needs to change. The system has worked very well for quite a long time thank you and was never brought into question when it suited Trump (2016 and all the states he won); it's only been a problem when he didn't.

Im finding the drum beating is all about the posts here bagging Trump.  I think you'll find a large percentage of the population like him.  In any case I'm just recommending a checkable voting system that if you're against is your choice,  but then I'm  wondering what have you got to hide if you'd prefer the current system. Saying it aint broken but then not allowing me to confirm my vote is acceptable to some and not to others. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

There's many reasons to 'bagging' Trump. This is just one of many. All are neccessary.
What isn't neccessary is a change in the current way voting is done in the US but but like a mad scientist trying to justify his invention, you just keep banging on about how there is. 

One more time. This is a problem invented by Trump because he can't admit to himself nor his minions that he did in fact, lose the election. If that is not reason enough to vote ANYONE other than him for the next POTUS, then I really can't help you. 

And I,  you. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Im finding the drum beating is all about the posts here bagging Trump.  I think you'll find a large percentage of the population like him.  In any case I'm just recommending a checkable voting system that if you're against is your choice,  but then I'm  wondering what have you got to hide if you'd prefer the current system. Saying it aint broken but then not allowing me to confirm my vote is acceptable to some and not to others. 

And what do you recommend against the pizzagate conspiracy?

Put an online camera in the basement (which doesn't exist) of the pizzeria?

• Like 1